Check your account email address ×

Seattle’s high minimum wage effects

• Platinum Contributing Member

"What.....tariffs will make my Chinese shit more expensive.....that's fucking bullshit!"

"I don't care if prices need to go up 50% if MW rises to $15.00 an hour."

:lol:  

Just now, Snoslinger said:

the fucking minimum wage increases have absolutely 0 with rent increases. fucking 0. seattle is doing well in the jobs sector, bringing people into the area. that drives up demand for properties, which drives up rental prices. what needs to happen is the minimum wage needs to increase as a result of that. otherwise only the wealthy are going to be able to afford housing in the area. what makes this even funnier, is the notion that all of you morons said these wage increases were going to kill economies, when the fucking opposite has happened.

jesus I'd bet my 5 year old niece has a better grasp of this shit than some of you.

do you think this might be happening because of wage increase?

Just now, Highmark said:

"What.....tariffs will make my Chinese shit more expensive.....that's fucking bullshit!"

LOL.  That right there is the type of logic slinger uses.

Seattle  is going to be booming for long, city is already getting greedy just like San Fran did, Amazon isnt expanding there for a reason, native residents are leaving Seattle area in droves,  libs will destroy a good thing as usual

1 minute ago, racer254 said:

It's hard for you to apply logic.  I bet you have taken the easiest and simplest answers all your life.

Whoaaaa

You sure debunked his post!

Way to go bro

*virtual high five*

9 hours ago, Whiskey Tango Foxtrot said:

Why anyone would pay these prices proves:

No, no comon' sense, you can get a loan for $700,000 at almost %4 for 3k a mo, build equity, no money down and make out like a bandit. Why people rent is beyond me, if you plan on staying in a location for more than 2-5 years. You're better off buying. If you're looking for your place in life, and unsure of your goal, sure, rent.

0% paid off. Then again, I'm smarter than you. Taxes and insurance baby!

What's your magic %# Mr. Know it all?

assuming the property has zero in taxes and insurance  a 700k loan at 4% which is lower than todays rate is $3341.  More right wing idiocy of emotion over facts.  Do the fucking math  and it blows just about every right wingers comments in here out of the water.  

i will disagree with your 2-5 year number. 5 to me would be the minimum with buy and sell side costs in a normally appreciating market.  Owning is more a comfort thing for people.  to rent my house would cost $3000 month,  to buy my house with 120k down would cost $2300/mo in a mortgage payment plus another $1000/mo in taxes and insurance.  nevermind the ongoing maint of the property.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ICEMAN! said:

Whoaaaa

You sure debunked his post!

Way to go bro

*virtual high five*

I didn't try to.  I don't care.  I have come to realize that if the answer is not simple and justifies his thinking, then he just ignores it.  That's why many of the threads he is in go on forever.

Edited by racer254

5 minutes ago, racer254 said:

I didn't try to.  I don't care.  I have come to realize that if the answer is not simple and justifies his thinking, then he just ignores it.  That's why many of the threads he is in go on forever.

You didn’t try to because you didn’t understand it and couldn’t, now run along and sort your booger collection.

:bc:

Just now, ICEMAN! said:

You didn’t try to because you didn’t understand it and couldn’t, now run along and sort your booger collection.

Oh look mommy, another liberal with a response that rivals the thoughts of a 6 year old.

5 minutes ago, racer254 said:

It's hard for you to apply logic.  I bet you have taken the easiest and simplest answers all your life.

:lol: you are so over your head in every damn discussion in here. what was Bernie's take on minimum wage increases? back when you told us you supported him?

4 minutes ago, Highmark said:

I haven't once complained about Chinese shit getting more expensive. I did say we need to be careful with that as it will kill jobs in other areas. unlike minimum wage increases.

"waaaaa my slice of pizza went up $.10"

3 minutes ago, Rigid1 said:

do you think this might be happening because of wage increase?

no. tech industry, amazon, tourism, etc draw people to seattle. I honestly don't get it, as I found the place a little on the "meh" side. the weather sucks which is a big killer for me.

2 minutes ago, Snoslinger said:

:lol: you are so over your head in every damn discussion in here. what was Bernie's take on minimum wage increases? back when you told us you supported him?

I haven't once complained about Chinese shit getting more expensive. I did say we need to be careful with that as it will kill jobs in other areas. unlike minimum wage increases.

no. tech industry, amazon, tourism, etc draw people to seattle. I honestly don't get it, as I found the place a little on the "meh" side. the weather sucks which is a big killer for me.

Only people moving to Seattle are employees of companies, companies  that moved there to get away from the last liberal paradise, residents of Seattle are leaving

Edited by MiSledder

3 minutes ago, ICEMAN! said:

Just trying to keep it at a level you’ll understand, friend

And look who responded with a little laughing emoji.  I think we all know who's level you are trying for.

1 minute ago, Snoslinger said:

Just now, Snoslinger said:

my bosses were recently there for a tour of a plant by one of our suppliers,  said it was filthier than Syracuse, homeless everywhere badgering people..

6 minutes ago, Snoslinger said:

Food service labor is 40-50% of costs.  I think I've already proved you wrong on this once before.   

Funny how you assumed I was talking about you.  :lol:  

1 minute ago, Rigid1 said:

my bosses were recently there for a tour of a plant by one of our suppliers,  said it was filthier than Syracuse, homeless everywhere badgering people..

they must have been in some bad areas. I was there two years ago, walked quite a bit of it, and it was not filthy.

1 minute ago, Highmark said:

Food service labor is 40-50% of costs.  I think I've already proved you wrong on this once before.   

Funny how you assumed I was talking about you.  :lol:  

yeah I should have responded to retard racer as he accused me of it. you haven't proven anyone wrong in anything :lol:

1 minute ago, Snoslinger said:

yeah I should have responded to retard racer as he accused me of it. you haven't proven anyone wrong in anything :lol:

2 minutes ago, Snoslinger said:

they must have been in some bad areas. I was there two years ago, walked quite a bit of it, and it was not filthy.

Im sure it was an industrial/manufacturing area. But I did read something the other day about a huge homeless camp in the downtown area by the Needle..

http://q13fox.com/2018/04/10/new-homeless-camp-in-green-lake-neighborhood-frustrates-angers-some-residents/

HomelessTents_Seattle_KIRO7_620-620x370-620x370.jpg

27 minutes ago, Rigid1 said:

Vancouver is the same way

32 minutes ago, Snoslinger said:

i did. wife was there on business for a week and i had 5 days of walking in lots of different places. anything else?

Speaks VOLUMES.  And reinforces everything I have previously thought.

Edited by racer254