Check your account email address ×

Well, this is unfortunate.

Molly Ringwald says #me too after starring in 80's John Hughes films. 

Molly Ringwald Revisits “The Breakfast Club” in the Age of #MeToo | The New Yorker

Calls out Fast times, Sixteen candles, Porky's, Breakfast club, all guilty of victimizing women.  

We loved these movies growing up, they are a huge part of most everyone's childhood, who grew up in that era. We watched them so many times most could quote them word for word.

Even the Simpsons are under attack for their Apu character.  Kind of surprised they answered in the way they did after a year of being called out.

Pretty much saying the character was acceptable in the time it was created...... Causing liberal heads to explode. :lol: 

It is a cartoon, for Christ sakes.   Have we really reach the point where we can no longer have films or shows with characters that are not politically correct? How many shows depict woman being raped or murdered, like CSI, Criminal minds, Law & Order, with no back lash.  Is viciously murdering a woman fine, but telling her to "go put her fucking prom dress on" is completely unacceptable.    

• Like 1

• Platinum Contributing Member

I liked her in that flick the pick up artist. 

That dude is banging her and talking the whole time. Finally She says if you could just shut up for a minute I could probably cum.

Edited by steve from amherst

41 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Good god where does this shit stop....SMH.

When white guys stop feeling entitled and quit treating women like objects........it’s on us (white guys) to stop it :thumbsup:

• Haha 1

Molly’s comments were actually quite complex. If you take the time to read all of what she says it makes a lot of sense. But in this day and age of twitter size sound bites, the hobgoblins of CE will lose their shit. 

5 minutes ago, SnowRider said:

When white guys stop feeling entitled and quit treating women like objects........it’s on us (white guys) to stop it :thumbsup:

Taintrider the social justice no mind fucking hack :fuckoff: you snivelling cock breathing sodomite 

Edited by Momorider

5 minutes ago, SnowRider said:

1 minute ago, spin_dry said:

Molly’s comments were actually quite complex. If you take the time to read all of what she says it makes a lot of sense. But in this day and age of twitter size sound bites, the hobgoblins of CE will lose their shit. 

God god when will they  stop^^^^^^^ 

1 minute ago, Momorider said:

Taintrider the social justice no mind fucking hack :fuckoff: you snivelling cock breathing sodomite 

Just now, Jimmy Snacks said:

God god when will they  stop^^^^^^^ 

Brothers from a different mother.... :lol: 

1 minute ago, spin_dry said:

Your Neanderthal looks and mentality never gets old. 

1 minute ago, SnowRider said:

Brothers from a different mother.... :lol: 

Shit for brains hatched from the same rock :flush: 

2 minutes ago, Momorider said:

Shit for brains hatched from the same rock :flush: 

You prove it’s possible to give anal birth and the contents survive....although barely.... :lol: 

6 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

Your Neanderthal looks and mentality never gets old. 

Your above it all and weird bachelor mosh pit mentality certainly does. 

55 minutes ago, SnowRider said:

You prove it’s possible to give anal birth and the contents survive....although barely.... :lol: 

you are proof that abortions don't always work but birth defects are guaranteed after a botched abortion 

• USA Contributing Member

Molly Ringwald on John Hughes:

In the interview, I asked him if he thought teen-agers were looked at differently than when he was that age. “Definitely,” he said. “My generation had to be taken seriously because we were stopping things and burning things. We were able to initiate change, because we had such vast numbers. We were part of the Baby Boom, and when we moved, everything moved with us. But now, there are fewer teens, and they aren’t taken as seriously as we were. You make a teen-age movie, and critics say, ‘How dare you?’ There’s just a general lack of respect for young people now.”

Made me think about this statement John Hughes made and how true I think it is.  My generation came after the baby boomers and I often think how I believed we had no voice at the time of our teen years.  Was it because we were smaller in numbers as compared to the boomers?

I then look at todays youth and how they are trying to be relevant with their stance on gun control, social issues and "taking a knee" during the national anthem.   

13 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

can''t make america great until women know their places again.  cook, clean , fuck , take care of the spawn.  Having an opinion will not be tolerated.  

not many Muslims would disagree with that 

14 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

can''t make america great until women know their places again.  cook, clean , fuck , take care of the spawn.  Having an opinion will not be tolerated.  

Chuckles. 

Can't even admit...........yeah, I liked those movies. They were a part of my childhood , watched them dozens of times,   never once was I provoked to go out and assault women. 9_9

Got to tote the line 100%. even when it goes 180 degrees of what I know to be the truth.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1