Check your account email address ×

Building a Moto-X Track?

2 hours ago, 1jkw said:

They don't play here either. At the time the area I was in wasn't listed on our county wetland map but it was on the state and fed. maps.

In the county soil conservation office is a satellite  pic. of a d-6 in a wetland.  You could read the caterpillar name and the company name  on the hood,( if it weren't blocked out) they take wetlands real serious here. 

till they themselves want to destroy some to build an exit ramp off a highway.  Then they buy good land and "create" wetlands out of that.  Ain't so sure that the end result is even close to the same, but the state does what the state does.

This was a buddy's back yard track we used to ride on back in the late 80s early 90s.  I tore my acl there, hyperextended the other knee, stuck my boot in the back wheel of a CR125 laying on the ground running wide open, and put several other permanent scars on my body.  Over the years, guys who rode there-Rick Johnson, Johnny O'Meara, Karl Vaillancourt(Canadian National Champ), John Dowd, Mike Treadwell, etc..  Go for a dip in the pool afterwards, or drop a line and catch a fish.  Good times there.1531767_896699730357089_8628654497058032737_o.thumb.jpg.4895be4b971845a36cf8217387af6fcc.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, hayward said:

till they themselves want to destroy some to build an exit ramp off a highway.  Then they buy good land and "create" wetlands out of that.  Ain't so sure that the end result is even close to the same, but the state does what the state does.

Or put in a mall or some other big money project where palms are greased.

7 hours ago, Zambroski said:

:lol: Already did.  It didn't take.  :lmao:

I've been looking at some plans.  MN has all kinds of fucking regulations like how much dirt I can bring in.  WUT?  It's nuts.  This all started when me and a buddy were looking at our property and thinking we could build something on them then it kinda snowballed a bit.  Not sure where it's going or even if I can get it done yet.  Hell, the land would be a good investment if I can build a small track just for the helluva it.

that is why erx looks like it is in a pit. if you don't have at least a d6 laying around and a bunch of time to piss away  not worth it OMHO then if you still think it is worth it start pricing insurance then pricing the fence the insurance company is going to prob make you get .

now for winter start pricing a piston bully a just tucker wont cut it  

12 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

that is why erx looks like it is in a pit. if you don't have at least a d6 laying around and a bunch of time to piss away  not worth it OMHO then if you still think it is worth it start pricing insurance then pricing the fence the insurance company is going to prob make you get .

now for winter start pricing a piston bully a just tucker wont cut it  

Better price out a race shop like they have there too. 

7 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

the Plaisteds have so much money laying around  they have to move it around with some of there d9s

The building on the north side of the track as you come in is Carlson's.  That is the race shop. 

Edited by racinfarmer

15 hours ago, DriftBusta said:

This was a buddy's back yard track we used to ride on back in the late 80s early 90s.  I tore my acl there, hyperextended the other knee, stuck my boot in the back wheel of a CR125 laying on the ground running wide open, and put several other permanent scars on my body.  Over the years, guys who rode there-Rick Johnson, Johnny O'Meara, Karl Vaillancourt(Canadian National Champ), John Dowd, Mike Treadwell, etc..  Go for a dip in the pool afterwards, or drop a line and catch a fish.  Good times there.1531767_896699730357089_8628654497058032737_o.thumb.jpg.4895be4b971845a36cf8217387af6fcc.jpg

That looks awesome.  Looks like a lot of great natural terrain for hills and jumps.   One of the best tracks I ever rode was laid out in a horse and donkey pasture where the natural terrain was perfect and the animals kept the weeds down

4 hours ago, racer254 said:

That looks awesome.  Looks like a lot of great natural terrain for hills and jumps.   One of the best tracks I ever rode was laid out in a horse and donkey pasture where the natural terrain was perfect and the animals kept the weeds down

How often did you get roosted by horse and donkey shit?

• Haha 1

• 1 month later...

What a complete shit show this turned out to be.  Fuck it!!!!!!  That's what I get for asking for permission instead of forgiveness.  The only reason this little DNR dweeb didn't get in his Prius or Outback when he left the property was because he had a company vehicle.  Fucking retard.  I swear...I looked for a "I'm with her" bumper sticker watching him drive off.

"You can't do anything in the winter months that may disturb the growth and water life in the spring/summer."  I said..."But, it's all just swamp scrub brush in a foot of water!!!"  He looked at me like he was going to start to cry and start talking about the plight of the indigeonous microscopic water mites.  

FUCKING FAGGOT EPA/DNR OVERREACHING HORSESHIT!!!!!!!!!

:wall:

1 minute ago, Zambroski said:

What a complete shit show this turned out to be.  Fuck it!!!!!!  That's what I get for asking for permission instead of forgiveness.  The only reason this little DNR dweeb didn't get in his Prius or Outback when he left the property was because he had a company vehicle.  Fucking retard.  I swear...I looked for a "I'm with her" bumper sticker watching him drive off.

"You can't do anything in the winter months that may disturb the growth and water life in the spring/summer."  I said..."But, it's all just swamp scrub brush in a foot of water!!!"  He looked at me like he was going to start to cry and start talking about the plight of the indigeonous microscopic water mites.  

FUCKING FAGGOT EPA/DNR OVERREACHING HORSESHIT!!!!!!!!!

:wall:

Typical.  Did you remind him that the property taxes that you pay keep him at his job and that maybe he should remember that he works "for you"

17 minutes ago, racer254 said:

Typical.  Did you remind him that the property taxes that you pay keep him at his job and that maybe he should remember that he works "for you"

No.  I kept my wits about me.  Water is still high from spring run off so I think I'll wait a month or so and if it's still for sale try to get somebody out there that isn't fresh off the Global Warming fruitcake wagon.  Just unreal.  If that dork would have been the one to come out and inspect my land while I was building....I would have to stroke a check for one of their new trucks...or TWO!