Check your account email address ×

bankruptcies

49 minutes ago, Whiskey Tango Foxtrot said:

Sorry for that. That sucks. 😔

About what I was thinking. That's one of the problems with the system though. Here, wake up in the hospital (from a car accident, ATV, work related, etc) the surgery is already done. (From personal experience, not speculation). I'm not sure what the solution is, other than preparing the best you can?

Accident etc you'll be done Pronto

Mine was work related. Tests showed all good. I worked 3.5 years with 1x2 cm rotator cuff tear and a bicep attached by a thread.

Went in for a scope and damage was found.

I went on cancellation list. Most idiots won't.

They can live paycheck to paycheck but need to have surgery on their time.

Mine was compensation so a paycheck wasn't an issue.

Some DUFUS cancelled their surgery. I had 24 hours notice.

2 hours ago, Angry ginger said:

if someone has 200k in credit card debt cause they are a moron and discharge 500 in collections cause they didn't pay their portion of an insured bill it will get marked as being a med bk by those with agendas.

200k in credit card debt?  Who does that?!  Yikes

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

200k in credit card debt?  Who does that?!  Yikes

I have a couple friends whose wife’s ran them up big time. Not 200k but 100 for sure. Both are divorced now. Shocker, I know! :lol: 

6 minutes ago, awful knawful said:

That's why each spouse has own money and no access to others.  No fights. No divorce. 

True story. That's how we roll here. Obviously we both know the others situation and would help extra if needed! Works for us...

5 minutes ago, DISABLED DAVE said:

:lol:

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

lots of guys flip that and more every mo on there card . points

GM business card is a great cash card for buying GM vehicles, no limit on how much cash I can build up, Costco Visa is another nice cash card, I love getting $$$$$ for using a piece of plastic :bc: 

7 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Better off purchasing goods direct from co avoiding cc.  Travel etc bill can add up regardless though.

Why would I avoid using a CC when I'm getting cash for just using it?

Edited by Mileage Psycho

Just now, ArcticCrusher said:

Better off purchasing goods direct from co avoiding cc.  Travel etc bill can add up regardless though.

I don't know I use my business card for everything work related and every mo pay it off . some times I have 50k on it some times only a few grand .

some guys I work for run well north of 200k every mo on there cards. cost you nothing and makes book keeping a breeze and you get pretty much what ever you want for using there card . tv/gps/jewelry/purses /LOL I do most of my Christmas shopping  with the catalogue they send me. then the   air tix/hotels/access to lounges at the airports /cash back on tix if you fly with cards partners .

if you don't pay it off then you are fucked well not fucked but it will cost you but I have a pretty low 8.9 but I have it set on auto pay full balance so no worry

21 minutes ago, snopro31 said:

the canadian system is a disaster.

id welcome a 2 tier system

I have 2 diff customers who have places in Italy and MN .

in the last few yrs both of them have come to MN to use the insurance they keep in the USA because they got pretty serious issues and were not willing wait on the Italian system.

3 hours ago, awful knawful said:

Mine was work related. Tests showed all good. I worked 3.5 years with 1x2 cm rotator cuff tear and a bicep attached by a thread.

Was that when you went in for ANUS REDUCTION SURGERY, from getting fisted too many times?   :dunno:

4 hours ago, awful knawful said:

When I was younger I could easily curl 200 pounds. I would rip your arm off and beat you over the head with it, you dick-lickin' faggot. 

7 hours ago, Mileage Psycho said:

Why would I avoid using a CC when I'm getting cash for just using it?

Cause our largest accounts don't take cc and we get a 2% discount if we pay in 10 days.  

I put over 150k on my cc every year.

7 hours ago, Ez ryder said:

I don't know I use my business card for everything work related and every mo pay it off . some times I have 50k on it some times only a few grand .

some guys I work for run well north of 200k every mo on there cards. cost you nothing and makes book keeping a breeze and you get pretty much what ever you want for using there card . tv/gps/jewelry/purses /LOL I do most of my Christmas shopping  with the catalogue they send me. then the   air tix/hotels/access to lounges at the airports /cash back on tix if you fly with cards partners .

if you don't pay it off then you are fucked well not fucked but it will cost you but I have a pretty low 8.9 but I have it set on auto pay full balance so no worry

Again my largest suppliers don't take cc's.:lol:

• Platinum Contributing Member
12 hours ago, Snake said:

What percentage of bankruptcies in the United States are caused by medical bills?

If you are referring to Elizebeth Warrens deceiving study she claims 72 %. What she fails to mention is that 78% of those who filed for bankruptcy for supposed medical bills had less then $1500 in medical bills.

5 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

If you are referring to Elizebeth Warrens deceiving study she claims 72 %. What she fails to mention is that 78% of those who filed for bankruptcy for supposed medical bills had less then $1500 in medical bills.

Though there is compelling evidence that medical expenses do cause bankruptcies in the United States, they may cause far fewer than has been claimed. Overemphasizing such events may distract from an understanding of the true nature of health-related economic hardship.