Check your account email address ×

Spring checking sleds

15 minutes ago, snoughnut said:

Everything he said is pretty spot on actually.

If I could ride locally I would.  Not interested in driving 4 hours to ride or I could.  The rest of that culture died in the 90's not just with sledding.lol.

19 minutes ago, f7ben said:

I've never seen anything more awkward than that fucking Nytro trying to go around a SnoX track :lol: I swear it was a setup that it actually won.....Yamaha paid for that win and the other manus let them have it 

We had zero snow, we had to make all snow so the track was very small. There was 2 finals that day, in the morning make up race cat did a 123 sweep, but in the afternoon Robbie won the hole shot and kept the lead while tucker and Blair were busy duking it out for 2nd

then my buddy quit hosting sno x, sold all of his snow makers and groomers, he was losing 50 k a race!! 

I've never seen anything more awkward than that fucking Nytro trying to go around a SnoX track :lol: I swear it was a setup that it actually won.....Yamaha paid for that win and the other manus let them have it 

We had zero snow, we had to make all snow so the track was very small. There was 2 finals that day, in the morning make up race cat did a 123 sweep, but in the afternoon Robbie won the hole shot and kept the lead while tucker and Blair were busy duking it out for 2nd

then my buddy quit hosting sno x, sold all of his snow makers and groomers, he was losing 50 k a race!! 

21 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Nope.....just cause you queefed your way out does not mean its dying.....its doing very well 

You're dead wrong Ben, here's an article about your home state, enjoy, lol..... Snowmobiling is doing very well? :lmao:

The decline of snowmobiling in Minnesota

By Liz Fedor | 03/02/18
snowmobile_main.jpg
Courtesy of Twin Cities Business
In Minnesota, the number of registered snowmobiles peaked in 2001, at 297,623 machines. Now there are fewer than 200,000 registered.

Snowmobiles provided the DNA for Polaris Industries Inc. when the company was born in the 1950s in Roseau. But the snowmobile market is stagnant, even in Minnesota where natives love to talk about snowfall totals.

Polaris, which started making all-terrain vehicles in 1985, generated $4.5 billion in total sales in 2016. The revenue that comes from the snowmobile segment has dropped to just 8 percent. “We don’t solely break out annual sled sales,” says Polaris spokeswoman Jessica Rogers; bundling snowmobile sales with revenue that flows from snowmobile parts, garments and accessories comes to 8 percent or $342 million for 2016.

Polaris holds more than 27 percent of the snowmobile industry’s market share. Yet snowmobiles are now one product line within Polaris rather than the defining product closely linked to the Minnesota lifestyle.

Consumers have responded favorably to year-round off-road vehicles, which have fueled much of Polaris’ growth. The snowmobile segment has been flat over the last several years, Rogers says. In January the company introduced the Indy Evo, which she says is aimed at new riders. The machine is lower and narrower than a full-sized snowmobile, and the machine’s design is expected to attract new riders who want a greater feeling of stability and confidence.

Twin Cities BusinessA Research and Markets report from 2017 says the high costs of snowmobiles and the high susceptibility to weather conditions create market challenges for the snowmobile industry. Licensing data shows that a smaller portion of the adult population rides snowmobiles. In Minnesota, the number of registered snowmobiles peaked in 2001, at 297,623 machines. Now there are fewer than 200,000 registered. “New snowmobile registrations have remained relatively stable in the last decade, with the range being 9,000 to 12,000 new each year since 2007,” says Andrew Korsberg, a program consultant with the Minnesota Department of Natural Resources. Minnesota’s population grew by about 600,000 people since 2001, even as snowmobile registrations fell sharply.

Utah has seen a similar pattern. Utah State University released a report in 2017 that showed the portion of households owning snowmobiles declined over 20 years, while the state’s population increased 77 percent. The average age of a Utah snowmobile owner is 54, and it appears that young people in Minnesota and Utah are choosing other ways to invest in their leisure time.

• Like 2

Sled are more expensive and they last longer also.

2.3 million units sold from 1990 to 2003

1.7 million units sold from 2003 -2016

the last few years have still been over 100k units in NA

Sledding will be fine

1 minute ago, f7ben said:

Sled are more expensive and they last longer also.

2.3 million units sold from 1990 to 2003

1.7 million units sold from 2003 -2016

the last few years have still been over 100k units in NA

Sledding will be fine

You got owned, admit it. You said it's doing very well and it's not. The younger generation can't afford it for economic reasons and mother nature isn't helping at all.

• Like 1

Just now, snoughnut said:

You got owned, admit it. You said it's doing very well and it's not. The younger generation can't afford it for economic reasons and mother nature isn't helping at all.

Its doing very well....sorry bout your luck queefer :lol: 

2 minutes ago, f7ben said:

http://www.snowmobile.org/snowmobile-sales-continue-to-grow-in-north-america.html

Oh hay.....look at that......it says sledding is doing well. Sloughnuts :owned: 

More ownage coming at ya.....I'll use current facts unlike you. :lmao:

Q4 snowmobile sales decrease from year-ago period: Survey

February 28, 2018

By Dave McMahon

Dealer survey finds 2 of 3 dealers saw new sled sales decline in quarter

The Q4 2017 Powersports Business/BMO Capital Markets Dealer Survey found that snowmobile dealers had a decidedly tough time matching their year-ago quarter sales of new snowmobiles.

When asked to characterize the Q4 year-over-year sales performance of snowmobiles (new products only, measure in units), 23 percent of the respondents said their snowmobile sales were down 10-19 percent compared to Q4 2016, and another 30 percent said their snowmobiles sales were down 20 percent or more. A total of 13 percent of dealers said they had a flat to minus-9 percent decrease in sales of new snowmobiles. A total of 15 percent had flat to 9 percent growth, and 18 percent had 10-19 percent growth. One dealer replied that the store had seen 20 percent growth or greater of new snowmobiles.

“It’s going to be a very interesting Q1 in most of the west with winter conditions and snowmobile inventory,” one dealer wrote.

Another said: “Outlook isn’t optimistic. Coming off the slowest December we have seen in 15 years and can’t pinpoint the exact reason why. Economy, lack of snow, rising interest rates, political situation, online Christmas shopping, OEM programs, or a combination of all them?”

Finally: “First off sled-related, no snow and [rear end] cold weather means no service work. Service side has been the quietest I’ve seen in years. As you well know, that’s our meat, potatoes & gravy side of the business. Sales add very little to the big picture, other than F&I….”

Dealers from 15 states and five Canadian provinces completed the survey. Minnesota, New York, Wisconsin and Ontario were the most represented states and provinces from snowmobile dealers who took the survey. All but one of the dealerships (98 percent) are single-store operations. One in three generates more than $10 million annually in revenue. Another 22 percent generates $1-3 million in revenue annually. All of the snowmobile dealers who took the survey also carry ATVs, and all but one dealership carries side-by-sides. A total of 71 percent of the dealers also carry off-road bikes.

Broken down by brand, half of all dealers reported that their Arctic Cat sales were either flat to up 20 percent or greater, and the other half reported Cat sales as flat to down 20 percent or greater.

Three out of four dealers who sell Polaris snowmobiles reported that their sales were flat to down 20 percent or greater. A total of 41 percent said their Polaris snowmobile sales were down 20 percent or greater. A total of 28 percent said their Polaris snowmobile sales were flat to up 19 percent for Q4, compared to the year-ago quarter.

Two out of three dealers said their Ski-Doo sales were flat to up 20 percent or greater. Another 46 percent called their Ski-Doo sales as flat to minus 19 percent compared to the year-ago quarter.

Yamaha dealers at the rate of 62 percent said their snowmobile sales were flat to down 20 percent or greater. Another 38 percent said they were flat to up 19 percent.

The outlook for the next 12 months is somewhat mixed, with pockets of expected growth. When asked what type of growth they are expecting in their snowmobile new unit business in the coming year, one in three expects to see new unit sales drop 10-20 percent or greater. Another 29 percent expects flat to minus-9 percent sales, and 18 percent are looking at new snowmobile sales of flat to plus-9 percent. A total of 19 percent foresee sales from 10-20 percent or greater.

Three out of four dealers described their Q4 2017 inventory as too high.

Sales of pre-owned snowmobiles were reported as very strong or good by 35 percent of dealers. 

• Platinum Contributing Member

Sales of new snowmobiles sold in 2015 in the United States reached 58,299 units compared to 54,028 units in 2014 and 48,536 units in 2013. The sales report underscores a 20% increase in a two year period!

Sales in Canada in 2015 were 50,752 new sleds sold, up from 48,758 units in 2014 and 44,022 units in 2013. Canada has reported a 16% increase in new sled sales over a two year period!

These numbers seem quite low. Not saying they are wrong I just expected more.

It ain't cheap, I had a minor emergency and had to use my local dealer for slides,tri hub,shapers and a belt $400, I wanted to grab a jacket too, but jeezus there's another $200, and my daughter was helmet shopping, I'm like we need to go!!

they said wait till you need something major, textron is raising prices on parts

3 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Damn .....Snoughnuts :owned: again

You got owned bad bennytoomany...........297,000 sleds registered in Minnesota in 2001 vs less than 200,000 today but sledding is doing very well. :lmao:

1 minute ago, snoughnut said:

You got owned bad bennytoomany...........297,000 sleds registered in Minnesota in 2001 vs less than 200,000 today but sledding is doing very well. :lmao:

Why you keep going back to MN??? Should we examine the traffic up trail 3 from twin lakes to copper harbour? Its exploded in recent years

Why you keep going back to MN??? Should we examine the traffic up trail 3 from twin lakes to copper harbour? Its exploded in recent years

It's one of the only places that has had snow in recent years.......examine the traffic? :lmao:You live in Indianastan, how much time do you spend on trail 3 examining? :lmao:

Minnesota sees a 1/3 drop in registrations in 17 years which also happens to be where 2 of the manufacturers are located but snowmobiling is doing very well. :lmao:

• Like 1

It's one of the only places that has had snow in recent years.......examine the traffic? :lmao:You live in Indianastan, how much time do you spend on trail 3 examining? :lmao:

Minnesota sees a 1/3 drop in registrations in 17 years which also happens to be where 2 of the manufacturers are located but snowmobiling is doing very well. :lmao:

Hey retard......they have the trail rigged with a cam that measures sled traffic week over week and historically .......it has exploded in recent years and continues to grow

Hey retard......they have the trail rigged with a cam that measures sled traffic week over week and historically .......it has exploded in recent years and continues to grow

You are one dumb rock head, I would bet "exploded" is even better than "doing very well", the numbers don't lie dummy, you're just too bullheaded to admit your ass got owned.

You are one dumb rock head, I would bet "exploded" is even better than "doing very well", the numbers don't lie dummy, you're just too bullheaded to admit your ass got owned.

So you are saying that since the numbers are up in the UP its because they have snow.....but since the numbers are down in MN where they have had poor winters ITS BECAUSE THE SPORT IS DYING IOHVFHVFVFNVUHVGUHIVGIHVGIOJVIJIJ V

You arent too bright :lol: 

Few good winters in a row and the numbers will be right back where they were 

• Platinum Contributing Member
16 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Sledding is a dying sport and units sold world wide per year continues decline.  Because the only area in the Midwest with snow the last 3-4 years has seen an explosion in traffic doesn’t mean shit.  It’s your mentality though - along with the rest of the Clown Posse - it’s cold out so global warming doesn’t exist. :lmao: