Check your account email address ×

Why is there such a mis-understanding of spring time riding?

7 minutes ago, xcr700 said:

This storm is getting gayer by the minute

You should be happy then. ;)

6 minutes ago, Rod Johnson said:

Blowing like a slut here and a little fresh snow so far 

We got aboot 5ms last night. They are saying possible 40 to 50 more...buddy in moose jaws says they are getting dumped on right now for the last hr.

2 minutes ago, DAVE said:

We got aboot 5ms last night. They are saying possible 40 to 50 more...buddy in moose jaws says they are getting dumped on right now for the last hr.

Good they need the moisture BAD 

39 minutes ago, DAVE said:

I'll be happier if you keep sending me your speedo pics :gfight:

Just now, xcr700 said:

Lol.  We had that problem in 14/15 . Since then, nothing. Snow is pretty thin here 

That’s weirs hey? The inter lake is usually a rain magnet 

22 hours ago, Edmo said:

Once March rolls around most are thinking about spring break in the sun, not snowmobiling. March has always be low traffic time as long as I’ve been riding.

this is true I was up in longville this weekend trails were perfectly smooth not many bare spots . I saw less than 50 sleds all weekend  

• Platinum Contributing Member
1 minute ago, Sal Rosenberg said:

Sounds like we may be able to do some spring riding down 101 weds night !!!   :bc:

Yep, havnt seen the map yet. Hopefully its coming from the west and not the gulf of mexico. Too many warm storms this winter. Although I did hear the word noreaster.

12 hours ago, steve from amherst said:

1-12? who the fuck does that forcast? 

It's a local joke here by "the big lake".  Anytime they predict any type of snow...we just say it's 1-12 inches.  That way, we are at least correct...most of the time.  The lake fucks up all their weather patterns and them trying to forcast shit here more than a few ours out is a joke.  Our local weather people turn over like leaves in the wind.  I don't blame them.

• Platinum Contributing Member
2 hours ago, Zambroski said:

It's a local joke here by "the big lake".  Anytime they predict any type of snow...we just say it's 1-12 inches.  That way, we are at least correct...most of the time.  The lake fucks up all their weather patterns and them trying to forcast shit here more than a few ours out is a joke.  Our local weather people turn over like leaves in the wind.  I don't blame them.

Got it. They have a tough job round these parts too. This time of yr weather coming from Ohio river vally is snow. But many times it will mix with a system coming up from the gulf of Mexico and across tennesee. Then its a mix or rain depending on if there is arctic air coming down from Ontario. Throw in a low pressure system over the ocean that dosnt let it out and it just spins in a circle on top of us. That is the true definition of a noreaster. The low pressure over the ocean causing the spin makes the storem come in from the northeast. ( the gulf of Maine )

18 hours ago, Ez ryder said:

this is true I was up in longville this weekend trails were perfectly smooth not many bare spots . I saw less than 50 sleds all weekend  

Me too, it was great, put on over 500 miles last week

picked up 5 inches last night and supposed to get another 3-9 by morning!  And she's a blowing 

Edited by Jet