Trump Stuns Lawmakers With Seeming Embrace of Gun Control Measures

• Platinum Contributing Member
19 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

They still blame the third party voters for her loss.  It’s priceless! :lmao:

Glad I could help! Screw that old Hag  :lol: 

2 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Yeah...but look at the wrath and destruction they are laying on you now!  :lol:

They are blaming everything and everyone except for their candidate who lost.....to Trump of all people. :lol: All while running around calling everyone else dumb. It's quite comical to say the least   

4 hours ago, Snoslinger said:

sure highmark. his wingnut supporters, like you, would consider helping dems out in 2020 :lol:

if he makes it that far.

It's a shit show, all he has left is Jared and Ivanka............... if I was him I would bring Scaramucci back, Trump needs a friend in the WH.

4 minutes ago, Mileage Psycho said:

It's a shit show, all he has left is Jared and Ivanka............... if I was him I would bring Scaramucci back, Trump needs a friend in the WH.

yeah I thought about that earlier. I think the mooch chimed in on the subject today, likely hoping that will happen.

44 minutes ago, Mileage Psycho said:

The mooch is an obvious liability.

6 minutes ago, xtralettucetomatoe580 said:

Yeah, but he’s fucking hilarious. If You are going to be disfucntional, go all out. His little outbursts and rants were epic. Such a doober.

When he called the journalist from The New Yorker and just lost his mind on the phone not bothering to ask for any of it to be off record :lol: 

This will be just like DACA.   Trump throws them a huge bone and its not good enough for the dems.   That is exactly what will happen here.  

8 minutes ago, Highmark said:

This will be just like DACA.   Trump throws them a huge bone and its not good enough for the dems.   That is exactly what will happen here.  

Couldn’t agree more. They completely imploded daca because it was a huge win for Trump. Can you imagine if Trump did more left leaning policy for immigration and gun control then any Dem in 30 years? With an R congress and after being called Hitler? The Dem spin machine would shatter. No, no, no, they couldn’t have that. There will not be a single piece of Big legislation passed this year. 

1 minute ago, xtralettucetomatoe580 said:

Couldn’t agree more. They completely imploded daca because it was a huge win for Trump. Can you imagine if Trump did more left leaning policy for immigration and gun control then any Dem in 30 years? With an R congress and after being called Hitler? The Dem spin machine would shatter. No, no, no, they couldn’t have that. There will not be a single piece of Big legislation passed this year. 

X2

19 minutes ago, Highmark said:

He was presented 2 DACA bipartisan bills he said if presented to him he would sign. He didn’t.

11 minutes ago, xtralettucetomatoe580 said:

Whether his team is doing it intentionally or not it is what is happening.   Midterms the GOP will sit back and say look we compromised, we tried to get stuff done and the dem's didn't want it.   A huge % of American's think Trump's DACA deal was very fair.   Same thing will happen on gun control.

He will offer banning bump stocks, raising the purchase age to 21 on all guns and background checks on gun show and internet purchases.   Dems will balk at it only excepting full ban on modern sporting rifles.  Just watch.  

Best part is the gun show and internet purchases are already mostly background checked.  :lol:  

Edited by Highmark

Just now, Highmark said:

Whether his team is doing it intentionally or not it is what is happening.   Midterms the GOP will sit back and say look we compromised, we tried to get stuff done and the dem's didn't want it.   A huge % of American's think Trump's DACA deal was very fair.   Same thing will happen on gun control.

He will offer banning bump stocks, raising the purchase age to 21 on all guns and a few other things.   Dems will balk at it only excepting full ban on modern sporting rifles.  Just watch.  

I don’t doubt it. They don’t care about the policy. They care about the win or denying Trump. A real party of the people... 

11 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

SMH it's amazing isn't it how blind he is

Tripling the amount of DACA recipients that can stay and get a path to citizenship as well as protecting immediate family was not enough.   This was a HUGE concession from how he campaigned.   They should take it.  By not it shows they are not serious.  I'm telling you the same will happen on gun control.  XLT is right, they can't afford to give Trump any more victories on things independents think are good deals.    

That being said when the GOP doesn't bring those plans up for a vote it shows they are being political just the same.  

Edited by Highmark