Check your account email address ×

snow in your stomping grounds

how is the snow looking in your parts?

west metro Minneapolis total shit 

longville mn was out on sat lots of dirt patches but sort of rideable .with that little amount of snow it is not rough just a shhet of ice lol  . Sunday got a few inch so was ok . 4 inch expected 

I bailed on a co trip this week . guys are telling me still landmines every place . they did the flat tops first after taking out 2 arms and a shock moved closer to parts,on rabbit ears now not much better . shit almost every place  

6 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Still coming down here in N. MN.  I think I've got 8 or so inches in the drive.  I'll clear tomorrow.  We sure needed it.

you been way north ? 

supose to go to devels track /sky port lodge 2nd week in March but have not looked at all in to n mn snow deapth .

4 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

you been way north ? 

supose to go to devels track /sky port lodge 2nd week in March but have not looked at all in to n mn snow deapth .

No but I'm hearing they are 14" plus...still coming down.  Lake effect is bombing us pretty good I think.

1 minute ago, Zambroski said:

No but I'm hearing they are 14" plus...still coming down.  Lake effect is bombing us pretty good I think.

You wear Crocs and use bad smelling 2 stroke oil.  The only place you deserve 14" is in the corner of a prison shower. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

Not a whole ton in Hood Cloud right now.  Maybe 2-3 this AM.

Was planning to sled through Longville on Saturday.  Didn't make it that far.  Still ended up in Grand Rapids though. 

did you just stay on the Paul bunion? I sat in the truck in Hackensack on Sunday am watching a few sleds roll by . I drove the truck down the woodtic trail could not believe no one had touched it or any of the off shoots.  I thought about riding over there but just pounded diamonds 

4 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

You wear Crocs and use bad smelling 2 stroke oil.  The only place you deserve 14" is in the corner of a prison shower. 

I'm going to let all this hostility slide because you took the time to spell "Crocs" correctly.  For that...I tip my hat to you, sir!

Image result for tip hat gif

8 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

did you just stay on the Paul bunion? I sat in the truck in Hackensack on Sunday am watching a few sleds roll by . I drove the truck down the woodtic trail could not believe no one had touched it or any of the off shoots.  I thought about riding over there but just pounded diamonds 

Plan way to leave the trailer in Park Rapids and ride to a resort off to the East a ways and ride back the next day.  Didn't go as planned and ended up trailering there to not waste the reservation. 

3 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

I'm going to let all this hostility slide because you took the time to spell "Crocs" correctly.  For that...I tip my hat to you, sir!

Image result for tip hat gif

You could just as well wear flip-flops.

1 hour ago, Ez ryder said:

you been way north ? 

Heading north on Thurs. it's going to hit all week I think?

17 minutes ago, Legend said:

142" on the ground right now at Fisher Creek by Cooke City. Fucking road through Yellowstone was closed for 26 hrs Sunday-today. Luckily we only had to wait 3 hrs. Ive never seen this much snow in town.

you should be riding in May then nice . I have not ridden cooke in many years . still a. crazy busy aria I assume? 

I have wanted to try to ride out of red lodge well the forest service road at the end of the plow any way one of these years . not sure why it is not a more popular destination for us mid west guys . only saves about 5 hrs in the truck from going around to cook . been up an over the beartooth a few times in the summer and see all kinds of shit i would like to hit on a sled with 6 feet over it 

5 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

you should be riding in May then nice . I have not ridden cooke in many years . still a. crazy busy aria I assume? 

I have wanted to try to ride out of red lodge well the forest service road at the end of the plow any way one of these years . not sure why it is not a more popular destination for us mid west guys . only saves about 5 hrs in the truck from going around to cook . been up an over the beartooth a few times in the summer and see all kinds of shit i would like to hit on a sled with 6 feet over it 

I assume its nuts on weekends. We only go during the week, and its plenty busy in town, but its not bad in the backcountry. Top of the World-where you are talking the end of the plowed road- is never busy and a pretty big area.

I guess it only saves 1.5-2 hrs going to the parking lot up from Cody. But I guess WY doesnt always get that road plowed right away. So you can get screwed. And its an 8 mile ride to town hauling all your shit, then you gotta get back to your tools when you wreck shit.

Some people do park there though.

• Platinum Contributing Member
2 hours ago, Sal Rosenberg said:

Western and northern Maine are spectacular right now but it's about to take a huge hit with the upcoming 60 plus temps in the next few days

Hope it dosnt get wiped out. Headed to the county end of the week.