Check your account email address ×

It could be the next best sled....fu ben!!!!!!

Dave

Just now, Highmark said:

For a touring sled and a high mile trail sled I think it will hit home.   Not sure how many buyers will want to void their warranty just to get to Yam/Cat stock HP levels, even if it is 50-70 lbs lighter.  It gets expensive taking weight off a sled.   

Didnt youvoid your warranty? :lol:

• Platinum Contributing Member
Just now, DAVE said:

Didnt youvoid your warranty? :lol:

Yes, didn't claim I didn't.   Just making an assessment on the Doo.  

Trust me, I'm a doo guy at heart and the only reason I'm on a Yamaha is they don't offer what I want.   Trail sled that can easily be changed to 250 hp.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Highmark said:

Yes, didn't claim I didn't.   Just making an assessment on the Doo.  

Trust me, I'm a doo guy at heart and the only reason I'm on a Yamaha is they don't offer what I want.   Trail sled that can easily be changed to 250 hp.  

I know you didnt claim it....was just asking :bc:

I havent seen anything specific on it just the random internet speculation. If they dont put it in a new chassis like the g4 then fuck that. If its a 4 stroke in the g4 people will buy it. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Nazipigdog said:

I havent seen anything specific on it just the random internet speculation. If they dont put it in a new chassis like the g4 then fuck that. If its a 4 stroke in the g4 people will buy it. 

I messaged my insider....he says its true.

We shall see i guess.

5 minutes ago, f7ben said:

You're a fucking retard. Why do you argue with me on turbo stuff. You don't have a fucking clue and your buds are idiots

Ok ben....these guys do this shit for a living...they have dynos and access to all the good stuff.

4 hours ago, f7ben said:

Are they dumping the 1200 and boosting the 900? If so it could not get any lamer. Fuck you skidoo

4 hours ago, Highmark said:

Turbo 900 Ace.   If this is true what a stupid move.   

:lol:You guys are nuts. If true and it's in the G4, they will sell like hot cakes. Most people have no need for 200hp for trail riding and going back and forth on a lake all day is boring. I would've been fine with 120-140 hp to make it better on fuel, but it still should be better than my 13 mpg pig 1200. Faster, lighter, and a better chassis. Win-win-win-win. :bc: 

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, rump-rider said:

:lol:You guys are nuts. If true and it's in the G4, they will sell like hot cakes. Most people have no need for 200hp for trail riding and going back and forth on a lake all day is boring. I would've been fine with 120-140 hp to make it better on fuel, but it still should be better than my 13 mpg pig 1200. Faster, lighter, and a better chassis. Win-win-win-win. :bc: 

Your 1200 is only pulling 13mpg??????

1 minute ago, DAVE said:

Mines the same...if you cruze like an ole lady you can see 18-19 on hard pack....but who wants to do that.

Apparently I ride with geriatric riders :lol:bud has a 1200 and he averages 17ish with what I would call brisk pace riding :lol:

• Platinum Contributing Member

The big HP on the mav's are done with a larger Turbo.   I wouldn't be surprised to see this max out around 200 with the stock turbo.  Really depends on its size.  The quality of the internals will be key to going much higher as well.  I've seen the kits for the x3's for the larger turbo.   $3500 and that don't include other extra's you will have to have like a more unrestricted exhaust.

To get this sled in the 250 range a person COULD be looking at more than 5 G's.  If the sled is down that much from the stock x3 who knows what it will take to even get it above 200.  

It is tough getting the 1100 much above 300 with the stock turbo.   It simply was too small to get much more.  

32 minutes ago, Highmark said:

The big HP on the mav's are done with a larger Turbo.   I wouldn't be surprised to see this max out around 200 with the stock turbo.  Really depends on its size.  The quality of the internals will be key to going much higher as well.  I've seen the kits for the x3's for the larger turbo.   $3500 and that don't include other extra's you will have to have like a more unrestricted exhaust.

To get this sled in the 250 range a person COULD be looking at more than 5 G's.  If the sled is down that much from the stock x3 who knows what it will take to even get it above 200.  

It is tough getting the 1100 much above 300 with the stock turbo.   It simply was too small to get much more.  

TuRbO dYnAmIcS cAn GeT 4000 hP oUt Of A sToCk TuRbO cAt!!!!!

Edited by Rod Johnson

1 hour ago, xcr700 said:

Apparently I ride with geriatric riders :lol:bud has a 1200 and he averages 17ish with what I would call brisk pace riding :lol:

Ya we were getting that when I was riding my buds wifes grand touring this past January in Ontario. Good 45 to 60 mph pace.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rump-rider said:

The old two stroke twins didn't fit in the G4 because of width.  I doubt a three cylinder turbo will fit, so I would assume the chassis will be a modified G4.