Check your account email address ×

more caviar for the rich, cans of beans to the poor

• Gold Member
32 minutes ago, Snoslinger said:

i suspect if it weren't for some allowance you'd be using some of those ebt cards yourself. :news:

if you can't see how this would be a negative for poor families, i dunno what to tell you and skidmark. do you really think eating powdered milk and other canned goods would be anjoyable :lol:

If you cant see how providing food instead of money will benefit both the families and the tax payer then I don't know what to tell you. I don't agree with much of ?Trump's actions but in this case I think it was a good move.

Just now, Kivalo said:

If you cant see how providing food instead of money will benefit both the families and the tax payer then I don't know what to tell you. I don't agree with much of ?Trump's actions but in this case I think it was a good move.

Its going to be a nightmare to implement but it is a decent idea

26 minutes ago, Kivalo said:

Yep, I like it tho. Thinking outside the box.

I get blue apron every week. I love it. 

But to think the govt is going to get this right is laughable. There are a lot of inherent risks. Of course your EBT card can be stolen, but food on the porch is an easy target. Then what? What happens on chow day when its gone and you don't have means to feed the family. Maybe that isn't likely, but something to think about. Perishable food, shipping costs, govt storage costs, etc. There are a shit ton of costs involved in it. The scale behind it all is staggering when you think about it. So much so that I find it hard to believe the cost of ebt fraud would be pennies in comparison. I think it would be much, much, much cheaper to implement a program designed to incentive major food producers and stores to barcode their products in a way that allows EBT only to be used on approved items. Same thing as sending it right to them, but no supply chain overhead. 

39 minutes ago, Kivalo said:

why not just let the poor people decide what they want to eat? especially when at the end of the day you're going to have the same problem? btw what happened to the notion that gov is not able to run things effectively and efficiently?

11 hours ago, Snoslinger said:

the idea of a poor guy washing a candy bar down with a can of coke keeps some of you up at night, doesn't it?

well can of coke no . but they can buy what ever the fuck they want now . 

you really give a shit about the children? then this will work out better for them . not as ez to sell a box government food as it is a prime rib out fr of the grocery store . don't like what the working class is buying you for dinner then join them in the work force and buy your own food.  fuck if it were up to me I would give them a burlap sack with USA on it full of beans air droped in to the neighborhoods that need it most like we do in other shitholes 

8 hours ago, Kivalo said:

Its so obvious you are so stupid you don't even qualify as retarded.

Food delivered to their homes? LMFAO.......and you dumbasses think these people sit around too much already.

This is Corporate America Lobbying for their feed. 

• Gold Member
34 minutes ago, Snoslinger said:

why not just let the poor people decide what they want to eat? especially when at the end of the day you're going to have the same problem? btw what happened to the notion that gov is not able to run things effectively and efficiently?

If trying something new in the hopes that it will save the taxpayer some money while also providing the needed benefits then I'm all for it. If it doesn't work to well then so be it. 

What of that notion? Are you trying to imply that I no longer believe in it?

• Gold Member
4 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

Food delivered to their homes? LMFAO.......and you dumbasses think these people sit around too much already.

This is Corporate America Lobbying for their feed. 

Corporate America already receives almost all of the money from the EBT cards you fool!!

9 minutes ago, xtralettucetomatoe580 said:

Dude... You really are old lolol. Have you never heard of Blue Apron? 

I have and there are many. I agree with your other post the costs would be out of sight. 

Barcodes take seconds to make a certain item a no go on a EBT card.

• Gold Member
1 minute ago, Mainecat said:

On the to the door delivery services they don’t junior.

think

So its better to walk to the corner store and buy a 40 and then to the local Los Pollos? Really? That's your major criticism of this?

• Platinum Contributing Member
2 hours ago, Sleepr2 said:

06E58382-E03D-4D45-BCF4-CAB5ABA9B8CE.png.da530831a8eb67304df9899594dd69b9.png

and your grumpy tough guy act is hilarious :lol:

I'm not a tough guy at all and generally pretty happy. I just don't like you and would love to choke you out so you would  stop saying the same old worn out tired Shit at least for a few minutes. :thumbsup:

BTW I think most here would give me a medal for doing that. :lol:

• Like 1

• Platinum Contributing Member

Trump Admin:  Lets deliver fresh, healthy foods to the poor.

Liberals: Are you nuts you can't do that, it would be impossible.  Healthy foods are great but the logistics are impossible.

Trump Admin: OK lets only allow the purchase of certain healthy items with EBT Cards.

Liberals: Ummmmm......Ummmmm..........OK.

Trump Admin: :lmao:More Winning!

1 hour ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

I'm not a tough guy at all and generally pretty happy. I just don't like you and would love to choke you out so you would  stop saying the same old worn out tired Shit at least for a few minutes. :thumbsup:

BTW I think most here would give me a medal for doing that. :lol:

Yeah , everyone loves your grumpy cat routine  :lol:

here, I found you a new tough guy avatar , you’re welcome 

3F6710A2-D4D7-4F05-9982-53CF9F8E16AA.jpeg.42ed54efc872f5970724614eb8ec6872.jpeg

Edited by Sleepr2