Check your account email address ×

ITS CFR TIME BITCHES !!!111

f7ben

1 hour ago, f7ben said:

Yes....600's including my 600 class 4 stroke :lol: I also traded wins with every other sled there that weekend including Prestones etec 

1200’s are a 700 class sled imo

3 minutes ago, Rod Johnson said:

Yeah to 90 mph lol then pffffft

I was getting a good 100 out of it that weekend before it laid over......that was more than enough to hold off the other sleds in any reasonable distance 

1 hour ago, f7ben said:

Well that weekend they were apparently a 900 class sled :lol: 

Our buddy SIlverbacks has a 900 ACE Renegade that does 103 on GPS and gets over 20 mpg :lol: 13" track, header, controller, some custom one off parts, etc..

3 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

Our buddy SIlverbacks has a 900 ACE Renegade that does 103 on GPS and gets over 20 mpg :lol: 13" track, header, controller, some custom one off parts, etc..

:lol: that dude loves a challenge. 

20180212_141758.jpg

This sled was pretty clean overall .....now you could about eat off it. Very nice shape. Diamond Drive was full of fluid.....just a tiny bit of milky fluid on top. I will pull it apart after this season is over and have a look. The fill plug is partially stripped on the DD which as I recall is common. It tightens up good by hand ....maybe I will helicoil it this summer.

20180213_111222.jpg

This is the best way I have figured to align skis. Snap two lines the width of the track extending forward past the skis.....then measure each carbide front and rear to the line and figure out what you have.

This sled was set up very close to neutral .....maybe 1/16th of toe out. I will give the left ski a half turn out and call it good. It was very close. On snow improper ski alignment can certainly scrub 1-2 mph off top speed

4 hours ago, f7ben said:

20180213_111222.jpg

This is the best way I have figured to align skis. Snap two lines the width of the track extending forward past the skis.....then measure each carbide front and rear to the line and figure out what you have.

This sled was set up very close to neutral .....maybe 1/16th of toe out. I will give the left ski a half turn out and call it good. It was very close. On snow improper ski alignment can certainly scrub 1-2 mph off top speed

I have an alignment tool for that. Its a 7' level. Its tremendous. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Nazipigdog said:

Ive done that way too. The level is more betta. 

nope....much easier to measure from the actual carbide along the floor with a tape measure if there isnt a level laying there. I feel the lines are far more accurate if you are concerned with 16ths of an inch 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, s pump said:

Regular riding height on snow. He makes em go. Mostly driveline mods.

No way that happened with the stock 800 motor.....there is not enough power there to push it through snow at stock ride height no matter how efficient it was. Also I guarantee he wasnt at stock XRS ride height......that is the least efficient shock setup on snow

There are plenty of sleds with 250+ hp that cant achieve 130+ on snow. You have something in the story mixed up 

I'm not calling you a liar.....just saying you dont know what you are claiming :lol: 

8 minutes ago, Nazipigdog said:

I am not real big on the over 100mph. Not much good can happen after that. 

I hardly get up over 80 anymore. Fucking deer ran between two of us couple weeks ago at about ludicrous speed dicing back to camp. I nearly needed a diaper change after that. Catbox was about 6 feet behind me. The afternoon before another one ran right out and I panic stopped about 4 feet from him and he just looked at me and hopped off the trail. The days of running 115 down a railbed on my Apex or SRX are done. Seen to much carnage at that speed.

1 minute ago, s pump said:

I hardly get up over 80 anymore. Fucking deer ran between two of us couple weeks ago at about ludicrous speed dicing back to camp. I nearly needed a diaper change after that. Catbox was about 6 feet behind me. The afternoon before another one ran right out and I panic stopped about 4 feet from him and he just looked at me and hopped off the trail. The days of running 115 down a railbed on my Apex or SRX are done. Seen to much carnage at that speed.

A deer hit is probably one of my worst fears....my bud hit one right in front of me on the river at 80+ ......the fucker ran right into his a-arms. Mark never saw it. There was blood and shit and hair all over his sled but no damage. If that deer was one step further ahead my buddy of 33 years would be gone no questions asked. 

Just now, f7ben said:

nope....much easier to measure from the actual carbide along the floor with a tape measure if there isnt a level laying there. I feel the lines are far more accurate if you are concerned with 16ths of an inch 

NO!!!! Use a bar clamp to clamp level to the track and then you just have to slide the tape measure up to the level. Bam!

1 minute ago, f7ben said:

No way that happened with the stock 800 motor.....there is not enough power there to push it through snow at stock ride height no matter how efficient it was. Also I guarantee he wasnt at stock XRS ride height......that is the least efficient shock setup on snow

There are plenty of sleds with 250+ hp that cant achieve 130+ on snow. You have something in the story mixed up 

I'm not calling you a liar.....just saying you dont know what you are claiming :lol: 

He does some slippery Canadian mods that don't show up to unsuspecting eyes but I suspect he's ported, head mods, etc. When you ask him whats's done, its always "she's stawkk". Looks sounds like any XRS except the narrow track and huge wheels and drivers. It walked my 800 Polaris like I was tied.

3 minutes ago, s pump said:

He does some slippery Canadian mods that don't show up to unsuspecting eyes but I suspect he's ported, head mods, etc. When you ask him whats's done, its always "she's stawkk". Looks sounds like any XRS except the narrow track and huge wheels and drivers. It walked my 800 Polaris like I was tied.

I believe its fast and I believe he knows what he's doing.....but 130 on snow for a stockish XP chassis sled is unobtanium ....fuck there are plenty of fast sleds that cant get 130 on ice slammed let alone stock ride height and on snow. 

Edited by f7ben