Check your account email address ×

ITS CFR TIME BITCHES !!!111

f7ben

6 minutes ago, Rod Johnson said:

Behn—- the helix helped, but it’s still getting buzzy near full shift out. I don’t know if you’ve ever experienced where your rpm is right but it’s still buzzy at the same time. I have but mostly with doo’s

ive been running a cat orange secondary spring forever. They’re a 175-280. I can’t go less front load because it’ll over shift out of the hole but I need less end load. And who the hell makes a spring like that right lol

searched and searched and turns out speedwerx has a 170-250 spring. Well by the beard of Zeus I ordered it lol

who would ever need a spring like that besides me wtf.... thanks speedwerx!

oh and this problem never showed up until I geared way down. I think the primary is having trouble over taking the really heavy end load of the orange spring at near full shift. 

Curious what gear set is in it?

13 minutes ago, f7ben said:

I know the DD does not like soft secondary springs. Any varying track conditions get fed back right into the secondary

That’s why I don’t want to go under 170 lbs on the front 

8 minutes ago, Rod Johnson said:

7900-8000 is ideal on a cfr

7900 is 85mph with that gear set at 1:1

If load it with 60/60 and work from there. You are shifted out and def don't want any od

Just now, f7ben said:

7900 is 85mph with that gear set at 1:1

If load it with 60/60 and work from there. You are shifted out and def don't want any od

I know. That’s why im trying to make  the OD work a bit with the different spring 

Just now, Rod Johnson said:

I know. That’s why im trying to make  the OD work a bit with the different spring 

You should be targeting 1:1 though.....no OD at all. More gear Toyler....there is your load. Make it work

25 minutes ago, Rod Johnson said:

I’ll probably go to 60/60’s.... Stock crossfire gears. I know they’re no good for 660’ but we don’t do that no mo

Yup...cheap gears out there everywhere in 60/60

22 hours ago, Rod Johnson said:

Back in th Mach Z 1000 days you could win it all !!!!!!11111!!!

My turbo cat does that for me now. Awesome acceleration, great speed, excellent mileage.  LOL  Unfortunately, for the 2 guys in our group that had the mach z, they had to carry a couple of dozen spark plugs with them every time we went out. And the stock fuel pumps were shit, so we had to tow those  sleds out of the bush 35 kms thru twisty trails in the bush. A buddy brought a brand new one from the dealership to a lake we were radar running on and run 125 mph with it on the very first pass. That opened a lot of eyes that day. They were a nice sled, to bad they had so many standard doo issues.

43 minutes ago, Frostynuts said:

My turbo cat does that for me now. Awesome acceleration, great speed, excellent mileage.  LOL  Unfortunately, for the 2 guys in our group that had the mach z, they had to carry a couple of dozen spark plugs with them every time we went out. And the stock fuel pumps were shit, so we had to tow those  sleds out of the bush 35 kms thru twisty trails in the bush. A buddy brought a brand new one from the dealership to a lake we were radar running on and run 125 mph with it on the very first pass. That opened a lot of eyes that day. They were a nice sled, to bad they had so many standard doo issues.

They really were awesome.....if the execution had been there it would be such a desirable sled 

1 hour ago, Frostynuts said:

If you got a bad one they were bad. Mine was decent. Dave put thousands of miles on his no issues. I think those were more of the exception though but good riding handling for the time, comfy and fast. Wasn’t a lot of sleds back then where you could crack it at 90 and it would set you back

1 hour ago, Rod Johnson said:

If you got a bad one they were bad. Mine was decent. Dave put thousands of miles on his no issues. I think those were more of the exception though but good riding handling for the time, comfy and fast. Wasn’t a lot of sleds back then where you could crack it at 90 and it would set you back

You would just annihilate guys on 800s on the lakes...you would go by them like they were standing still...and they thought they were hauling ass too. :lol:

6 minutes ago, DAVE said:

You would just annihilate guys on 800s on the lakes...you would go by them like they were standing still...and they thought they were hauling ass too. :lol:

There was no comparison after 80 mph. Mach is still one of the fastest 2 stroke sleds ever. Some guys say the 1000 t cat is on absolute top. But the Mach gets there way faster IMO

Just now, Rod Johnson said:

There was no comparison after 80 mph. Mach is still one of the fastest 2 stroke sleds ever. Some guys say the 1000 t cat is on absolute top. But the Mach gets there way faster IMO

I had both....no comparison...1000 mach you could ride all day anywhere. T cat strictly a lake racer.