Check your account email address ×

ITS CFR TIME BITCHES !!!111

f7ben

3 minutes ago, DAVE said:

Youre an expert but dont even have the tools.. :lmao:

Hey retard.....its a 50/50 proposition to wreck the threads removing the spider bolt. Its tq'd to 375 ft lbs. Cat doesnt even sell replacement parts for the clutch because nobody rebuilds them or ever takes them apart. This aint your faggot ass 65hp quad we are talking about here. Sweet fuck are you clueless

1 minute ago, f7ben said:

Hey retard.....its a 50/50 proposition to wreck the threads removing the spider bolt. Its tq'd to 375 ft lbs. Cat doesnt even sell replacement parts for the clutch because nobody rebuilds them or ever takes them apart. This aint your faggot ass 65hp quad we are talking about here. Sweet fuck are you clueless

And they’re gooped with loctite lol

Just now, Rod Johnson said:

And they’re gooped with loctite lol

Yup....guys say not to even try with a propane torch and map gas is ok but you really need a cutting torch to put enough heat into it fast enough :lol: 

:lol:

Just now, f7ben said:

Yup....guys say not to even try with a propane torch and map gas is ok but you really need a cutting torch to put enough heat into it fast enough :lol: 

Yeah you do I’ve taken them apart before and I don’t want to do it again. It’s a cunt 

Just now, f7ben said:

You dont have a cutting torch? 

Just now, DAVE said:

You dont have a cutting torch? 

I dont torch or weld .......not on purpose anyways :lol: 

I actually welded the other day at work.....I burned a huge hole in the camera mount I was trying to weld up :lol: it was pretty thin .....so I turned down the welder and then proceeded to pile on about an inch thick of the ugliest weld you ever seen lolz ....it was pretty strong and seriously ugly 

I dont torch or weld .......not on purpose anyways :lol: 

I actually welded the other day at work.....I burned a huge hole in the camera mount I was trying to weld up :lol: it was pretty thin .....so I turned down the welder and then proceeded to pile on about an inch thick of the ugliest weld you ever seen lolz ....it was pretty strong and seriously ugly 

What size welder was it?

2 minutes ago, DAVE said:

What size welder was it?

No idea......it is a lincoln mig welder. I share a shop with the millwrights and can use whatever I want. I should learn to weld cause it interests me but I just havent taken the initiative to do it. 

No idea......it is a lincoln mig welder. I share a shop with the millwrights and can use whatever I want. I should learn to weld cause it interests me but I just havent taken the initiative to do it. 

Thats how learned...learned how to tig mig and arc where i use to work on my free time. Do alot of welding for my buddies.... contemplating getting into custom rollcages for sxs's

1 minute ago, DAVE said:

Thats how learned...learned how to tig mig and arc where i use to work on my free time. Do alot of welding for my buddies.... contemplating getting into custom rollcages for sxs's

I have been threatening to buy a welder but I would need a decent mig with gas so I could get some aluminum wire and be able to do some light aluminum work. I dont want to spend 1500$ on something I wouldnt use much so I have never done it

You'd need a tube notcher and a bunch of shit to do that cage work eh?

7 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Most votechs offer night classes, I've always enjoyed welding, I'm not very good at it but I own one and done it quite a bit working as a tech over the years

1 minute ago, Jet said:

Most votechs offer night classes, I've always enjoyed welding, I'm not very good at it but I own one and done it quite a bit working as a tech over the years

Aint nobody got time for that shit.......the millright I work with would teach me if I asked but I dont care enough I guess

Just now, f7ben said:

Aint nobody got time for that shit.......the millright I work with would teach me if I asked but I dont care enough I guess

When I worked with all the mill wrights the one thing I regret not having them teach me was how to properly sharpen on drill bit on a bench grinder!  Damn some of them old timers at my plant were good!! 

Pipe fitters are usually pretty good welders too

3 minutes ago, f7ben said:

I have been threatening to buy a welder but I would need a decent mig with gas so I could get some aluminum wire and be able to do some light aluminum work. I dont want to spend 1500$ on something I wouldnt use much so I have never done it

You'd need a tube notcher and a bunch of shit to do that cage work eh?

I have a hydraulic pipe bender.

A millermatic 180 would be your best betfor light aluminum....and notbe too pricey....thats what I started with. :bc:

1 minute ago, Jet said:

Aluminum is a bitch I think, I just have a stick welder for those projects predicaments I get into where I need it bad!!

Yah.....I think you gotta mig aluminum if its anything that needs to be pretty. I'd just like to do some light sled shit from time to time like emergency hole in heat exchanger patching etc

I have a few welder buddies who are infinitely better than me, not to mention have the right equipment.  One came over the other night and we patched up my busted bumper.  He has a sweet little ESAB Mig he brought over.  

7K9LwvR.jpg

• Like 1

I'd like to have a nice little mig unit, but it wouldn't be getting much use I'm afraid. I used to have a stick welder for repairs when I had a shop.  For the kind of stuff I did, i could run a fairly decent bead.  I wouldn't call it roll of dimes good but it did the job. :lol: 

2 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

I'd like to have a nice little mig unit, but it wouldn't be getting much use I'm afraid. I used to have a stick welder for repairs when I had a shop.  For the kind of stuff I did, i could run a fairly decent bead.  I wouldn't call it roll of dimes good but it did the job. :lol: 

Nothing a grinder cant fix! :lol:

7 hours ago, sledderj said:

I have a few welder buddies who are infinitely better than me, not to mention have the right equipment.  One came over the other night and we patched up my busted bumper.  He has a sweet little ESAB Mig he brought over.  

7K9LwvR.jpg

Is that crooked? Or just me?

26 minutes ago, DAVE said:

Nothing a grinder cant fix! :lol:

Ezacckly! :lol:  I had to weld my mower deck a few years back.  That bead was more like a bag of change.  Or Slag city.  Did the job though.  

Edited by DriftBusta
  • Like 1