Check your account email address ×

ITS CFR TIME BITCHES !!!111

f7ben

1 minute ago, Kev144 said:

What was it momo was trying to claim? :lol: 

About the same bullshit Dave is here trying to claim.....neither one of them have a fucking clue :lol: 

I was speaking to gas mileage on turbo sleds the other day and talking about when the sled was in vacuum or running 1-2 lbs of boost and Dave says

"Who in the fuck buys a turbo sled and runs 1-2 lbs of boost"

fucking idiot :lol: 

10 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Just seems like if you have to go to that little finish on the helix you may be able to pull more gear and mph 

It will pull more gear but the MPH stays the same but it doesn’t hook as quick. If you gear up   You have to engage down to keep the track speed down out of the hole so it doesn’t burn out. You can try engaging heavy with taller gears and it’ll work sometimes but you’ll find that it’s incomsistent 

My clutching is almost spot on. It’s working a little hard in the first 100’ and it’s a little light in the last 100.  I went to that new track and it hooks so much better I had to basically change my entire set up. If your clutching isnvery close its best to leave the primary alone and fine tune it with the secondary 

1 minute ago, Rod Johnson said:

It will pull more gear but the MPH stays the same but it doesn’t hook as quick. If you gear up   You have to engage down to keep the track speed down out of the hole so it doesn’t burn out. You can try engaging heavy with taller gears and it’ll work sometimes but you’ll find that it’s incomsistent 

My clutching is almost spot on. It’s working a little hard in the first 100’ and it’s a little light in the last 100.  I went to that new track and it hooks so much better I had to basically change my entire set up. If your clutching isnvery close its best to leave the primary alone and fine tune it with the secondary 

I've never tried to set anything up for such a short run but it just seems totally counter intuitive to limit RPM by limiting shift 

11 minutes ago, f7ben said:

No you dont

Yeah you can shim the primary it’s just a cunt. @DAVE isn’t wrong. It’s easy to raise the engagement on a cat but getting it much lower than Stock is a pain

Just now, Rod Johnson said:

Yeah you can shim the primary it’s just a cunt. @DAVE isn’t wrong. It’s easy to raise the engagement on a cat but getting it much lower than Stock is a pain

Tucking the weights will change the engagement RPM but its isnt going to provide as "stall" as he put it :lol: not unless you flat spot the top of the weight where it contacts the roller once tucked 

3 minutes ago, f7ben said:

I've never tried to set anything up for such a short run but it just seems totally counter intuitive to limit RPM by limiting shift 

I need to load the motor more up top. It’s around 8150 in the last 100’ and that’s too high. Im adding 2* up top to bring it closer to 8000-8050. 

2 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Tucking the weights will change the engagement RPM but its isnt going to provide as "stall" as he put it :lol: not unless you flat spot the top of the weight where it contacts the roller once tucked 

“Stall” would be an improper term yes but

I need to load the motor more up top. It’s around 8150 in the last 100’ and that’s too high. Im adding 2* up top to bring it closer to 8000-8050. 

What you think that is gonna do for you mph

“Stall” would be an improper term yes but

ahh yah.....I know :lol: I've never heard of anyone tucking or untucking weights or using belt to sheave to try to do anything concerning a "stall" 

5 minutes ago, Rod Johnson said:

Ive done it lots of times... especially on qsc revx primary on my atv...best just to ignore Ben....how can you take a guy seriously who doesnt even have a bearing press in his so called shop. :lol:

1 minute ago, f7ben said:

ahh yah.....I know :lol: I've never heard of anyone tucking or untucking weights or using belt to sheave to try to do anything concerning a "stall" 

It’s an uncommon practice cause for one it’s a cunt and really only have to do it to make engagement lower than Stock and hardly anyone ever does that. Arm profile can do it too

Just now, DAVE said:

Ive done it lots of times... especially on qsc revx primary on my atv...best just to ignore Ben....how can you take a guy seriously who doesnt even have a bearing press in his so called shop. :lol:

Oh yah.....thats totally the same as drag racing a sled :lol: you have yet to tell me how this provided you any "stall" .......it may have changed you engagement because of the weight profile ....or maybe you are dumb enough to have just increased your belt to sheave a whole bunch so it slams in and you think that is cool 

You still running stock compression setup and adjuster?

Stock compression yeah im not allowed to touch the motor or exhaust.... what limiter?

Stock compression yeah im not allowed to touch the motor or exhaust.... what limiter?

No I mean compression style secondary spring and adjuster 

Just now, f7ben said:

Oh yah.....thats totally the same as drag racing a sled :lol: you have yet to tell me how this provided you any "stall" .......it may have changed you engagement because of the weight profile ....or maybe you are dumb enough to have just increased your belt to sheave a whole bunch so it slams in and you think that is cool 

giphy.gif

No I mean compression style secondary spring and adjuster 

Ah yes I am. Orange spring and a screw adjuster  from a 2007 crossfire 

Ah yes I am. Orange spring and a screw adjuster  from a 2007 crossfire 

How many of them stupid little torx screws you strip out changing helixs :lol: 

Lol a lot. Fuck those things are soft junk. 

I was just looking at my clutches the other day contemplating getting the tools to take the spider nut off and trying to repair the roller that has a bad bearing

Yah......fuck that shit :lol: I like the old roller style secondarys.......5 minute helix changes and nice soft torsional springs 

4 minutes ago, f7ben said:

I was just looking at my clutches the other day contemplating getting the tools to take the spider nut off and trying to repair the roller that has a bad bearing

Yah......fuck that shit :lol: I like the old roller style secondarys.......5 minute helix changes and nice soft torsional springs 

Youre an expert but dont even have the tools.. :lmao: