Check your account email address ×

State of the Union Speech

10 minutes ago, Highmark said:

There was nowhere to go but up.  The Fed was printing trillions and int rates were zero.  Nothing that Obama did.   Can you detail the policies Obama put in place that made the economy grow?

Actually Barry stifled the economy he introduced additional regulation stranglehold :finger: HE WAS A CUNT 

7 minutes ago, Highmark said:

There was nowhere to go but up.  The Fed was printing trillions and int rates were zero.  Nothing that Obama did.   Can you detail the policies Obama put in place that made the economy grow?

2009:  American Recovery and Reinvestment Act

Bailed out the auto industry

2010: $858 billion tax cut plan

2013:  Appointed Dr. Janet Yellen to chair the Federal Reserve

• Platinum Contributing Member
11 minutes ago, XC.Morrison said:

American Recovery and Reinvestment Act was written before Obie got into office.  He basically just signed it and I would brag about it to begin with.   Even the CBO thought it was a turd and I know how you guys like to quote the CBO.  

$858 billion tax cut plan was an extension of the Bush tax cuts that a large % of dems didn't vote for.

On December 15, the Senate passed the compromise package with an 81–19 vote, with large majorities of both Democrats and Republicans supporting it.[32] Near midnight of December 16, the House passed it 277–148, with it getting only a modest majority among Democrats and a large majority among Republicans (of the 148 votes against the bill in the House, 112 were cast by Democrats and only 36 by Republicans).[6][33] Before that, an amendment put forward by Democratic Representative Earl Pomeroy and the progressives among the Democratic caucus to raise the estate tax – the ultimate sticking point of the deal for them and the cause of a minor revolt among those against it – had failed on a 194–233 vote.[6][27][34] The Washington Post called the approved deal "the most significant tax bill in nearly a decade"

Edited by Highmark

1 minute ago, Highmark said:

American Recovery and Reinvestment Act was written before Obie got into office.  He basically just signed it and I would brag about it to begin with.   Even the CBO thought it was a turd and I know how you guys like to quote the CBO.  

$858 billion tax cut plan was an extension of the Bush tax cuts that a large % of dems didn't vote for.

In 2012, he also proposed dropping the corporate tax rate to 28%, 25% for manufacturing companies, but couldn't get republicans to go along with infrastructure investments.  Lots of instances like that where obstruction-bent sour flowers just couldn't let Obama accomplish anything that would make him look good.  Kind of amazing he got as much done as he did.

5 minutes ago, XC.Morrison said:

In 2012, he also proposed dropping the corporate tax rate to 28%, 25% for manufacturing companies, but couldn't get republicans to go along with infrastructure investments.  Lots of instances like that where obstruction-bent sour flowers just couldn't let Obama accomplish anything that would make him look good.  Kind of amazing he got as much done as he did.

Not saying you are wrong but do you have a link to that?

Never mind I found it.  Not really a tax cut because he was imposing other taxes to counter the loss in revenue.   No wonder it failed.   If I think about it I don't recall it getting a ton of dem support either.  The GOP didn't get behind it because it did NOTHING for S Corps which are over 70% of American business'.  

Edited by Highmark

4 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Not saying you are wrong but do you have a link to that?

Never mind I found it.  Not really a tax cut because he was imposing other taxes to counter the loss in revenue.   No wonder it failed. 

I think it was more about closing loopholes.  

1 minute ago, XC.Morrison said:

I think it was more about closing loopholes.  

In most cases Loopholes=Deductions.   Not really a change in tax revenue.   If you don't take away money from govt its hard to spur private economic growth.   And like my edit said at least the GOP understands the majority of wealthy individuals in this country are S corp owners.  

Edited by Highmark

5 hours ago, Edmo said:

So tell us Vince, which president has all the longest lines in the wrong direction on your chart? :news: 

So tell us what led to those long line, seriously don't you guys ever look at anything with an honest eye?

4 hours ago, Snoslinger said:

they don't care about the credit card now. we listened to the repukes denying obama everything under the sun because of affordability. now they're in charge, they raise the credit limit, then sit back and spend, spend, spend and pretend they're the ones with the ideas.

then to boot, they wonder why the dems sat on the other side of the aisle not cheering the orangutan, when the repukes did worse (like yell "you lie") with a much less divisive, much less arrogant, much less lying of a president.

fuck them. it's fucking time the dems stop playing nice with these pricks.

I was on the hard core right side for many years, you know the mantra all about fiscal responsibility and then one day during Bush's second term I was like fuck these guys and there bullshit about conservative fiscal responsibility. The one thing you get with the Dems is that they say they are going to spend, the R's like to say they don't spend but then they do.

And FTR I'm loving this tax cut in soooo many ways, and if this infrastructure things passes................... ohhhh my goodness :bc: 

The debt is going to up, zero fucks given as long as I get mine........I'm back to thinking like an R :fluffy: 

They probably will. Like it or not most Americans prefer their politics centered. How else does one explain Maryland , VT and Mass having republican govs. 

Some call a split congress stagnation. I prefer to think of it as safety.

12 minutes ago, Mileage Psycho said:

So tell us what led to those long line, seriously don't you guys ever look at anything with an honest eye?

I was on the hard core right side for many years, you know the mantra all about fiscal responsibility and then one day during Bush's second term I was like fuck these guys and there bullshit about conservative fiscal responsibility. The one thing you get with the Dems is that they say they are going to spend, the R's like to say they don't spend but then they do.

And FTR I'm loving this tax cut in soooo many ways, and if this infrastructure things passes................... ohhhh my goodness :bc: 

The debt is going to up, zero fucks given as long as I get mine........I'm back to thinking like an R :fluffy: 

Spot on - it’s amusing to watch the Clown Posse try to square the facts you just posted. 

16 minutes ago, Mileage Psycho said:

:lies:

13 minutes ago, Mileage Psycho said:

You’re graph goes to 2022. Last time I checked it was 2018. So you’ve already come to conclusions about the future with estimates and speculation and I’m the dishonest one? 

:crazy:

1 minute ago, Edmo said:

You’re graph goes to 2022. Last time I checked it was 2018. So you’ve already come to conclusions about the future with estimates and speculation and I’m the dishonest one? 

Ballsack the penis headed dago midget FUCK :owned: to the Maximum Max 

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

They probably will. Like it or not most Americans prefer their politics centered. How else does one explain Maryland , VT and Mass having republican govs. 

Some call a split congress stagnation. I prefer to think of it as safety.

spot on,  we are better off with split control.  dems fucked shit up when they had it all in obamas opening years and pubs have not done a good job with winning the perception game with what they have accomplished

3 hours ago, Snoslinger said:

hey dumb shit, Obama turned things around, after being handed a bag of shit, and made all numbers climb in a positive direction. trump is just continuing the trend and you nimwits want to give him all the credit for supposedly turning things around? paleez. we are essentialy on the same trend as we were before trump came in. sugar coat it all you want but those are the facts.

Good grief.  You really are simple then.

'"THANKS OBAMA!!!!"

53 minutes ago, Edmo said:

I came to my conclusion based on history repeating itself :news: 

1 hour ago, Highmark said:

In most cases Loopholes=Deductions.   Not really a change in tax revenue.   If you don't take away money from govt its hard to spur private economic growth.   And like my edit said at least the GOP understands the majority of wealthy individuals in this country are S corp owners.  

The 2011 data available to Barrack in 2012 states that S corps were already paying an effective rate of 25%

Found under the conclusions section on page 23: here

4 minutes ago, XC.Morrison said:

The 2011 data available to Barrack in 2012 states that S corps were already paying an effective rate of 25%

Found under the conclusions section on page 23: here

Dude that's effective rate not rate bracket.   That's pretty high.  Also lots of small SCorps paying a much lower rate to balance out the high earners.   It doesn't take much above $300K to jump into the 30% ETR.  

Edited by Highmark

33 minutes ago, Mileage Psycho said:

I came to my conclusion based on history repeating itself :news: 

And you found a neat little graph that agrees with your conclusions. Bravo.

Obama came in a bad time with the wars and coming out of the recession, but it’s hard to gloss over the fact he doubled our debt in eight years. A lot of good speeches but no real solutions. I’m willing to support something different this time around.

:bc: