Check your account email address ×

DriftBusta the racist

3 hours ago, motonoggin said:

I'm not looking to bless anyone. I'm simply trying to get folks to understand our own passive roles in supporting oppression and how we can change that.

'Sleeping well' when people are being oppressed is a perfect example of white privilege. You don't have to worry about racism because you don't experience it, and you can easily escape any racial discomfort you do encounter occasionally by leaving the room. Racism for black people is a daily experience that is inescapable. They can't turn it off or get away for a while. That's real oppression. And we have the luxury of just going about our day completely ignorant of it if we want to.

:lol:

On 1/23/2018 at 12:30 AM, motonoggin said:

Nope, weird citations of how blacks are physically superior is still racism.

I know right?

On 1/22/2018 at 10:32 PM, spin_dry said:

Blacks are superior fighters compared to whites. No question. 

On 1/22/2018 at 10:38 PM, spin_dry said:

Humans of West african decent have a higher measurement of fast twitch muscle fiber. That is simple science. Stronger and faster. It’s no secret. 

On 1/23/2018 at 12:01 PM, motonoggin said:

I don't understand why it so important for everyone to get your blessing on not being a racist.  Personally, I'm fine with it. I know my biases and I know what kind of person I am. I sleep well.

@Cold War

Ditto could be said for 90% of the posters here I would venture to guess. Even at that, you feel the need to throw your shade at people you have no idea what their background is. Kinda presumptive of you if you ask me, fuck, even if you don't.

21 minutes ago, s pump said:

I know right?

Each race carries various genetic variances. West African’s musculature provides more explosiveness. They are faster sprinters and higher jumpers. Northern Europeans have an abundance of slow twitch muscle fibers. They’re more powerful and tend to dominate in weight lifting. Northern Europeans are also more susceptible to mental illness. They have much higher rates of suicide. Much of that could be because of their more isolated nature. Yet it’s also speculated that they’re simply more at risk biologically. 

4 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

Each race carries various genetic variances. West African’s musculature provides more explosiveness. They are faster sprinters and higher jumpers. Northern Europeans have an abundance of slow twitch muscle fibers. They’re more powerful and tend to dominate in weight lifting. Northern Europeans are also more susceptible to mental illness. They have much higher rates of suicide. Much of that could be because of their more isolated nature. Yet it’s also speculated that they’re simply more at risk biologically. 

So racist.  :lol:

8 minutes ago, Cold War said:

So racist.  :lol:

Racism is a generational issue. Most racists had morons for parents. Certain unscientific and unsubstantiated beliefs were assigned to the color of a person’s skin tone or ethnicity by the parents or care givers of said racists. 

Edited by spin_dry

4 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

Racism is a generational issue. Most racists had morons for parents. Certain unscientific and unsubstantiated beliefs were assigned to the color of a person’s skin tone or ethnicity by the parents or care givers of said racists. 

Not necessarily.  That would be like saying parents who don't use drugs will have kids that don't use drugs.  Once kids hit a certain age  there is all kinds of outside influence. 

Face it, if you said what you said in your post, in a public setting, you would get crucified.  way it is.

2 minutes ago, Cold War said:

Not necessarily.  That would be like saying parents who don't use drugs will have kids that don't use drugs.  Once kids hit a certain age  there is all kinds of outside influence. 

Face it, if you said what you said in your post, in a public setting, you would get crucified.  way it is.

I said most, not all racists had morons for parents. This is why these patterns of racism have become engrained and institutionalized. It’s tough to come to grips with the fact that parents are idiots and believed in magic. 

As for the last part...there’s definetly a level of ignorance and magical thinking that acompanies some ideas within the anti-racism movement. 

1 hour ago, spin_dry said:

Oh, thanks for the clarification Dr Herrnstein.

29 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

I said most, not all racists had morons for parents. This is why these patterns of racism have become engrained and institutionalized. It’s tough to come to grips with the fact that parents are idiots and believed in magic. 

As for the last part...there’s definetly a level of ignorance and magical thinking that acompanies some ideas within the anti-racism movement. 

I have to say, I agree with all of that.  Especially the magical thinking.  The best thing you can do to combat racism is to raise kids who are not racist by example... Anything else is just self congratulatory bullshit. 

4 minutes ago, Cold War said:

I have to say, I agree with all of that.  Especially the magical thinking.  The best thing you can do to combat racism is to raise kids who are not racist by example... Anything else is just self congratulatory bullshit. 

Moto will be along shortly and say bullshit to that notion. The only way to not be racist is to be black. :lol:

5 minutes ago, Cold War said:

A good place to begin is confronting the use of racial epitaphs. If society can't change something that small, the larger attitudes involved with racism don't stand a chance for change. 

1 hour ago, JEFF said:

Moto will be along shortly and say bullshit to that notion. The only way to not be racist is to be black. :lol:

He already told me it was a cop out and shamed me for my passiveness.

:lol: