Check your account email address ×

Curb stomped

Snake

Just now, Wildboer said:

I see the try hard centrist in you is still  in tact. This guy is comparable to Leftbook heroes like Zizek imo 

Have you considered his give-a-fuck-o-meter is about as engaged for pronoun use as yours is for the sex of a partner?  

You really think that forcing me to use language I may not want to isn't fascism?

Neal

8 minutes ago, Wildboer said:

I see the try hard centrist in you is still  in tact. This guy is comparable to Leftbook heroes like Zizek imo 

Pure I d e o l o g y

5 minutes ago, NaturallyAspirated said:

Have you considered his give-a-fuck-o-meter is about as engaged for pronoun use as yours is for the sex of a partner?  

You really think that forcing me to use language I may not want to isn't fascism?

Neal

26219102_314474992396996_1038581392773734123_n.jpg

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, NaturallyAspirated said:

Neal

To the alt left, facism isn’t fascism if you agree with it 

1 minute ago, NaturallyAspirated said:

It's a very coherent belief that forcing me to use language I do not wish to when describing a person is unjust.

:bc:

Neal

No one should have to force you to not be complete shit, but you're a white guy, so...

Just now, NaturallyAspirated said:

Yeah there's no fallacies in that argument.... :lol:

What a hypocrite hack.

:lmao:

Neal

White guys love to pretend being complete shitbags who couldn't care less about respecting people not like them is somehow edgy and rebellious.

4 minutes ago, NaturallyAspirated said:

Neal

That's more like it! I wasn't even talking about pronouns, he gives a fuck about his students and I'm glad to hear he's willing to respect their identities. I also agree the government has no place regulating pronoun use.

Forcing you to what? What language?

23 minutes ago, Wildboer said:

That's more like it! I wasn't even talking about pronouns, he gives a fuck about his students and I'm glad to hear he's willing to respect their identities. I also agree the government has no place regulating pronoun use.

Forcing you to what? What language?

Forcing me to use a specific pronoun or face punishment from a governmental law.

Neal

3 minutes ago, NaturallyAspirated said:

Forcing me to use a specific pronoun or face punishment from a governmental law.

Neal

Well yeah, it's speech and shouldn't be regulated, but when asked by a trans person it's best to either respect their request or simply not communicate with them.

5 minutes ago, Wildboer said:

Well yeah, it's speech and shouldn't be regulated, but when asked by a trans person it's best to either respect their request or simply not communicate with them.

I concur, however what's best and what's legal are not adjacent in this case...

Neal

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, motonoggin said:

I mean, of all the dudes here, Neal is the absolute worst when it comes to white privilege and racism.

20479936_491455344522766_8314483835281126899_n.jpg

But amusingly his job puts him in a place to see more of the world than 3/4 of this site will see in there entire life. Kneel and I don't agree on lots of points but i respect him, and his views a hell of a lot more than you and yours. 

White privilege is a farm boy who goes to school and busts his ass for a good job. :lol:  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, revkev6 said:

But amusingly his job puts him in a place to see more of the world than 3/4 of this site will see in there entire life. Kneel and I don't agree on lots of points but i respect him, and his views a hell of a lot more than you and yours. 

White privilege is a farm boy who goes to school and busts his ass for a good job. :lol:  

All white people have white privilege and have never experienced racism. 

The dictionary definition isn't giving proper context and is woefully inadequate to address a much more complex issue. 

I don't go to the dictionary to get an education about physics. I can find the definition there, but I won't learn anything else.

And that's precisely what this appeal to the dictionary definition is designed to do. It allows white people to invoke our privilege and escape from the conversation and refuse to LEARN anything else about the subject.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, motonoggin said:

All white people have white privilege and have never experienced racism. 

The dictionary definition isn't giving proper context and is woefully inadequate to address a much more complex issue. 

I don't go to the dictionary to get an education about physics. I can find the definition there, but I won't learn anything else.

And that's precisely what this appeal to the dictionary definition is designed to do. It allows white people to invoke our privilege and escape from the conversation and refuse to LEARN anything else about the subject.

And black people have black privilege.... and the second half of your sentence is absolutely wrong.  100%.  It's laughable.

There need not be any context, outside of the definition.  The usage is encompassed with the listed definition.  What it doesn't do is become stretched and morphed into a incorrectly applied definition.  Go ahead and make up a word for only whites being racist towards only blacks if you or your movement so desires, but coopting the word racist for that purpose shows how inept and incompetent anyone who follows that idea is.  They will, and rightfully so draw the immediate ridicule of the reasonable populace.

The appeal to the usages of the word via a dictionary are to show that the word used specifically to reject those defined usages is idiotic and laughable.

Neal