Check your account email address ×

Our power just went out

8 minutes ago, xcr700 said:

No generator ? That's a staple here

Every year I talk about getting a back up generator but then the power comes back on and I forget about it. :lol:

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Arctic Cat Destroyer said:

Every year I talk about getting a back up generator but then the power comes back on and I forget about it. :lol:

We played that game too . Then one ,it didn't come back on:lol: .since then ,I've always had a generator.  During a heatwave a few years ago ,during a bad storm,our power went out. After 2 hours i fired it up and we pluged it into our 34 ft trailer with the a.c. on ,turned on the fridge and me,the woman cat and dog stayed in there for 2 days 

9 minutes ago, Arctic Cat Destroyer said:

17kw Generac runs on NG and auto transfer switch was installed.  Fucking awesome when you need it. :bc: 

34 minutes ago, Arctic Cat Destroyer said:

Never fails, usually the coldest or one of the coldest days of the year our power goes out. New year's Eve to boot. Yippee!

I have a 4K in the garage you can use. Got home about an hour ago. I also have beer and a fire, plus Murphy misses you.

IMG_3696.JPG

53 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

17kw Generac runs on NG and auto transfer switch was installed.  Fucking awesome when you need it. :bc: 

I go ghetto style run my 10hp  in the detached garage and flip the main breaker and back feed with a thick extension cord  . fuckers around here are on it in a hr or in 2 days no in between 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

I go ghetto style run my 10hp  in the detached garage and flip the main breaker and back feed with a thick extension cord  . fuckers around here are on it in a hr or in 2 days no in between 

I had that set up at my last house.  Still have the unit.  I had it 5 years and it had like 2 hrs on it.  Then we had that big ice storm 7-8 yrs ago, and a week later it had over 100 hrs.

I got THREEE of the fuckers. I have generator OCD. Our water is on electric, and our heat is on electric. Power goes out..............WE'RE FUCKED!! 

There is a new generator hook-up called a GENERLINK. It goes on your electric meter, and you just plug your generator into it, and it powers your whole house, no 6-way panel box needed in your cellar. 

Costs $650.00 plus your electrician install. 

May have been posted before. 

1 hour ago, DriftBusta said:

My neighbor has one. His is loud as fuck tho. 

1 hour ago, Woodtick said:

I have a 4K in the garage you can use. Got home about an hour ago. I also have beer and a fire, plus Murphy misses you.

IMG_3696.JPG

I have plenty at work but we use those. Power is back on. Tell Murphy I said hey. :lol:

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Arctic Cat Destroyer said:

My neighbor has one. His is loud as fuck tho. 

Mines not too bad, its a twin cylinder Olan motor I believe  It has a maintenance feature that fires it up every Sunday AM :bc: 

2 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

Mines not too bad, its a twin cylinder Olan motor I believe  It has a maintenance feature that fires it up every Sunday AM :bc: 

So does his. :lol:

• Platinum Contributing Member

Ive got a generac 5000 . Bought it used with 10 hrs on it for $400. Lift it with the tractor forks, bring it around the side of the house and backfeed thru the dryer outlet. My driveway is 1000 ft long. If I have a problem on my driveway during an ice storm I'm the last one they get running.

Our power used to go out at least once a month, usually more, usually from trees or branches falling on the wires in this whole greater area, I live in The Federal Forest,, I bought a Generator about 20 years ago.

Took 3 years but they did lots of clearing & tree falling and now it only goes out about 4-5 a year so much better..LOL

10 hours ago, Arctic Cat Destroyer said:

I have plenty at work but we use those. Power is back on. Tell Murphy I said hey. :lol:

Murphy says enough with the peanut butter Analer and to stop calling. :lol: 

Cool crib Tick.:thumbsup:

• Haha 1

57 minutes ago, XCR1250 said:

Our power used to go out at least once a month, usually more, usually from trees or branches falling on the wires in this whole greater area, I live in The Federal Forest,, I bought a Generator about 20 years ago.

Took 3 years but they did lots of clearing & tree falling and now it only goes out about 4-5 a year so much better..LOL

Few yrs ago I had a brush fire . Burned about an acre. Fire chief kept asking " so have ya been burning"  Told him , nope , havnt burned in a month , and I burn in the swamp anyways. As they were putting it out I looked up and saw a tree on fire 20 ft up. Pointed it out to a firefighter and he told the chief. Apparently the wind pushed a tree into the lines and it caught fire. He had the power company out there until midnight taking down trees.

Was trying to remember what we did last New Year's Eve. Neither the wife nor I could remember.

Went through the pics on my phone and found these...

aX2WAneUec2apoJoTS_qdzJTDSA8SXyY3VAfqkCp

TXnduMrP3gpQdztmd1dKbPF8ATLHNKqIuJPv_CKf

Oh yeah, the fucking power went out.