Check your account email address ×

Sheila Jackson Lee...Elitist and Privileged

10 minutes ago, racer254 said:

Not in the least.  Now, is it acceptable behavior?

This is my favorite Liberal narrative...."You're scared!!!"  :lol:

3 minutes ago, racer254 said:

That's exactly what it was.   I don't care who you are, it never excuses acting like a douche bag.

I think some of the onus falls on another airline idiocy move here....but her pulling out the race card made her the complete clown.  And the airline thanks her for that.

hmmmm...

"A United Airlines representative told NBC News that Jackson Lee was not given preferential treatment because she is a member of Congress.

Related: United Airlines apologizes to passenger who says Rep. Sheila Jackson Lee took her seat

The passenger, whose flight was already delayed, canceled her flight using the United app, the representative said. When she arrived at the ticket counter, she had a paper ticket from when she had checked in but that was no longer valid because she canceled her flight, the representative said.

Jackson Lee has global services status with the airline and was given an upgrade, which is common for when there is an open first class seat, the representative said.

The company said the gate agent gave Simon a travel voucher for her flight, the representative said, adding that Simon received additional compensation after complaining to United, before speaking with the Houston Chronicle.

Simon told the Chronicle that she denied canceling her ticket and that she was given a $500 voucher and reseated in the "Economy Plus" section."

https://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/airplane-mode/rep-jackson-lee-suspects-she-was-accused-united-incident-because-n832726

Edited by Snoslinger

4 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

This is my favorite Liberal narrative...."You're scared!!!"  :lol:

I think some of the onus falls on another airline idiocy move here....but her pulling out the race card made her the complete clown.  And the airline thanks her for that.

agreed, didn't sound like there was any merit to pull that card out. 

Just now, Snoslinger said:

agreed, didn't sound like there was any merit to pull that card out. 

Imagine how this story becomes a complete non-issue if she doesn't.  In fact, nobody would be hearing about it all.   Even if it was all drummed up by the R media as a Dem elitist duche move...it becomes back page fodder in an hour.  Her screaming "racist" made it all relevant...and stupid.

9 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Imagine how this story becomes a complete non-issue if she doesn't.  In fact, nobody would be hearing about it all.   Even if it was all drummed up by the R media as a Dem elitist duche move...it becomes back page fodder in an hour.  Her screaming "racist" made it all relevant...and stupid.

sometimes they are their own worst enemy......

• Platinum Contributing Member

Willing to bet the bumped passenger through her work in Guatemala exposing human rights abuses has done more in one day than Jackson Lee has done in her whole career in Congress.

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Jackson Lee complained in 2003 that storm names were too white. "All racial groups should be represented," she said, and asked officials to "try to be inclusive of African-American names

when i first read this story a few days ago, i don't believe the race card had been dealt yet. yet it made the news. which brings up the question as to why this lady took pics and went public with what happened? considering what had happened with the tickets....

3 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

Jackson Lee complained in 2003 that storm names were too white. "All racial groups should be represented," she said, and asked officials to "try to be inclusive of African-American names

She keeps winning elections by pandering with bullshit like this. Coleman Young did it for years in Detroit.

Edited by Jimmy Snacks
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Snoslinger said:

when i first read this story a few days ago, i don't believe the race card had been dealt yet. yet it made the news. which brings up the question as to why this lady took pics and went public with what happened? considering what had happened with the tickets....

Just get it over with and proclaim your support for Jackson Lee...your Matlock schtick is obvious and fucking stupid. :lol:

Just now, Jimmy Snacks said:

She keeps winning elections by pandering with bullshit like this. Coleman Young did it for years in detroit.

That crap didn’t work for Coleman JR. I was delighted when that racist price of shit got defeated. Detroit is really on a roll, last thing they needed was that guy.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

She keeps winning elections by pandering with bullshit like this. Coleman Young did it for years in Detroit.

These are the wrong people to have in elected positions and both R's and D's have them.

3 minutes ago, Snoslinger said:

Well, it seems pretty clear she felt she was slighted, and my guess is, she saw Gladys Night making a scene about it to begin with.  Again, and I honestly forgot this D was a race baiting nut bag anyway, if she wouldn't have pulled out the "racist card", this all goes away....quietly.

1 minute ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Just get it over with and proclaim your support for Jackson Lee...your Matlock schtick is obvious and fucking stupid. :lol:

Instigator.  :lol:

3 minutes ago, Snoslinger said:

i know how rwws like yourself are so easily fooled......

Un-huh...and I like how Left wing rockheads like you will defend these people with your last breath. 

2 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Well, it seems pretty clear she felt she was slighted, and my guess is, she saw Gladys Night making a scene about it to begin with.  Again, and I honestly forgot this D was a race baiting nut bag anyway, if she wouldn't have pulled out the "racist card", this all goes away....quietly.

Instigator.  :lol:

Fuck Jackson Lee has a history of bullshit like this but Matcock says I’m easily fooled. 

The woman that was bumped has had her lawyer ask for proof she cancelled her flight. United is unable to provide any proof.  It was the 2nd leg of her trip which would have left her stranded in the airport.

At first, Simon didn't know who was in her seat as she argued at the gate. United eventually gave her a $500 voucher and reseated her in the economy plus section. In her original Facebook post, Simon said another Texas congressman then informed her a fellow member of the delegation was in her seat, and "regularly does this" to passengers. 

“Why would I ever cancel the second segment?” Simon said Thursday. “United furnished no proof that I canceled it. And why didn’t I reserve another fight?”

After a week, United has not furnished proof I canceled 12/18 flight. United returned my miles, but no notice from United; NBC/Houston told me yesterday. UPS delivered my letter to United legal and customer service demanding apology. No response.

3 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Un-huh...and I like how Left wing rockheads like you will defend these people with your last breath. 

hello? i just criticized her for playing the race card, and stating it was a cunty move based on what i had read at the time. how is that defending her ye dumb fuck?

4 minutes ago, Rigid1 said:

The woman that was bumped has had her lawyer ask for proof she cancelled her flight. United is unable to provide any proof.  It was the 2nd leg of her trip which would have left her stranded in the airport.

At first, Simon didn't know who was in her seat as she argued at the gate. United eventually gave her a $500 voucher and reseated her in the economy plus section. In her original Facebook post, Simon said another Texas congressman then informed her a fellow member of the delegation was in her seat, and "regularly does this" to passengers. 

“Why would I ever cancel the second segment?” Simon said Thursday. “United furnished no proof that I canceled it. And why didn’t I reserve another fight?”

After a week, United has not furnished proof I canceled 12/18 flight. United returned my miles, but no notice from United; NBC/Houston told me yesterday. UPS delivered my letter to United legal and customer service demanding apology. No response.

yeah that is possible too. youd think they could prove that....

11 minutes ago, Snoslinger said:

hello? i just criticized her for playing the race card, and stating it was a cunty move based on what i had read at the time. how is that defending her ye dumb fuck?

Sure...you are just digging and hoping for something more you blind hack. :lol: