Check your account email address ×

Sheila Jackson Lee...Elitist and Privileged

36 minutes ago, Snoslinger said:

hmmmm...

"A United Airlines representative told NBC News that Jackson Lee was not given preferential treatment because she is a member of Congress.

Related: United Airlines apologizes to passenger who says Rep. Sheila Jackson Lee took her seat

The passenger, whose flight was already delayed, canceled her flight using the United app, the representative said. When she arrived at the ticket counter, she had a paper ticket from when she had checked in but that was no longer valid because she canceled her flight, the representative said.

Jackson Lee has global services status with the airline and was given an upgrade, which is common for when there is an open first class seat, the representative said.

The company said the gate agent gave Simon a travel voucher for her flight, the representative said, adding that Simon received additional compensation after complaining to United, before speaking with the Houston Chronicle.

Simon told the Chronicle that she denied canceling her ticket and that she was given a $500 voucher and reseated in the "Economy Plus" section."

https://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/airplane-mode/rep-jackson-lee-suspects-she-was-accused-united-incident-because-n832726

2 minutes ago, Rigid1 said:

The woman that was bumped has had her lawyer ask for proof she cancelled her flight. United is unable to provide any proof.  It was the 2nd leg of her trip which would have left her stranded in the airport.

At first, Simon didn't know who was in her seat as she argued at the gate. United eventually gave her a $500 voucher and reseated her in the economy plus section. In her original Facebook post, Simon said another Texas congressman then informed her a fellow member of the delegation was in her seat, and "regularly does this" to passengers. 

“Why would I ever cancel the second segment?” Simon said Thursday. “United furnished no proof that I canceled it. And why didn’t I reserve another fight?”

After a week, United has not furnished proof I canceled 12/18 flight. United returned my miles, but no notice from United; NBC/Houston told me yesterday. UPS delivered my letter to United legal and customer service demanding apology. No response.

Interesting. If she did cancel her flight whether mistakenly or not, she’s wrong. United needs to show proof. 

• Platinum Contributing Member
Just now, Snoslinger said:

no, i am researching. something you know nothing about. you hear it, read it and you're sold on it.

Researching it...really? Fuck dude get a life or something. :lol: 

1 minute ago, Snoslinger said:

this is why i research smails, you fucking idiot :lol:

;

https://thepointsguy.com/2017/12/united-says-bumped-woman-canceled-flight/

The link just quotes United as saying she cancelled her flight with zero proof she did..:dunno:

I think the fact that United's attempt to overly compensate the woman they bumped by giving her a free round trip to Guatemala, then crediting her all of her miles back (in essence giving her another free round trip) and $500 is a pretty strong admission of guilt on their part.  You dont go handing out thousands of dollars because your customer fucked up IMO..

7 minutes ago, Rigid1 said:

The link just quotes United as saying she cancelled her flight with zero proof she did..:dunno:

I think the fact that United's attempt to overly compensate the woman they bumped by giving her a free round trip to Guatemala, then crediting her all of her miles back (in essence giving her another free round trip) and $500 is a pretty strong admission of guilt on their part.  You dont go handing out thousands of dollars because your customer fucked up IMO..

Agreed.  I'm gonna bake some Nestle Toll house cookies later...PM me your address.  I'm saving you three of them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:lol:

:bc:

Just now, Zambroski said:

Agreed.  I'm gonna bake some Nestle Toll house cookies later...PM me your address.  I'm saving you three of them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:lol:

:bc:

:yum:

14 minutes ago, Rigid1 said:

yeah, maybe. on the other hand, i can't see united going through with this, risking the attention they may draw on the situation. 

Just now, Snoslinger said:

yeah, maybe. on the other hand, i can't see united going through with this, risking the attention they may draw on the situation. 

I think thats what the heavy compensation was for.. Hush money in hopes their customer would be happy with a few thousand dollar payout and keep her trap shut.

7 minutes ago, Snoslinger said:

I think the congress woman didnt want to fly economy as she didnt have a first class boarding pass. It states the rest of the delegation was seated in economy. Airlines dont just bump common folk up to first class from economy to be nice. I have worked for an major airline as a gate agent and my father is a retired Gm for the same major airline for 45 years. Its just not how it works. That woman pulled out her "congress card" and had a passenger bumped.

1 hour ago, Snoslinger said:

hmmmm...

"A United Airlines representative told NBC News that Jackson Lee was not given preferential treatment because she is a member of Congress.

Related: United Airlines apologizes to passenger who says Rep. Sheila Jackson Lee took her seat

The passenger, whose flight was already delayed, canceled her flight using the United app, the representative said. When she arrived at the ticket counter, she had a paper ticket from when she had checked in but that was no longer valid because she canceled her flight, the representative said.

Jackson Lee has global services status with the airline and was given an upgrade, which is common for when there is an open first class seat, the representative said.

The company said the gate agent gave Simon a travel voucher for her flight, the representative said, adding that Simon received additional compensation after complaining to United, before speaking with the Houston Chronicle.

Simon told the Chronicle that she denied canceling her ticket and that she was given a $500 voucher and reseated in the "Economy Plus" section."

https://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/airplane-mode/rep-jackson-lee-suspects-she-was-accused-united-incident-because-n832726

Let me guess, Fox News got a hold of this story and blew it out of proportion for the demands of its viewing audience. 

Just now, ActionfigureJoe said:

Let me guess, Fox News got a hold of this story and blew it out of proportion for the demands of its viewing audience. 

read the line above your post..:thumbsup:

You’re saying Fox News didn’t report on this? Good for them. Because it’s nonsense news. 

You're not that sharp are you??

I dont necessarily think its nonsense if a member of congress has a person bumped from their seat so they can sit in it just because they are an elected official, and when called out on it pull out the race card in an attempt to harm the womans career as it would since she works for human rights..

16 minutes ago, Rigid1 said:

You're not that sharp are you??

I dont necessarily think its nonsense if a member of congress has a person bumped from their seat so they can sit in it just because they are an elected official, and when called out on it pull out the race card in an attempt to harm the womans career as it would since she works for human rights..

The woman cancelled and then made a huge deal out of the fact that her seat was given away. She started this shitstorm. Not AA or Ms Jackson Five. I don’t like AA or Ms Jackson Five. I now have a sudden dislike for the other cunt involved in this as well. If you keep up your drumbeat of ridiculousness, you’ll be on my shit list too. 

Edited by ActionfigureJoe

2 minutes ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

The woman cancelled and then made a huge deal out of the fact that her seat was given away. She started this shitstorm. Not AA or Ms Jackson Five. I don’t like AA or Ms Jackson Five. I now have a sudden dislike for the other cunt involved in this as well. If you keep up your drumbeat of ridiculousness, you’ll be on my shit list too. 

Lolol wtf!? 

9 minutes ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

Now, what's wrong with being on your "shit list"?  I consider it a badge of honor!  :lmao:

You can never mind your own business. It’s constant with you. 

You are my business.  Just another small perk I enjoy every day.  In a way, it makes me kind of a LIBRUL.  I get amusement out of making others miserable by forcing my unwelcome and unsolicited views on them.  Maybe I'm more like an equilizer though.  YEAH!  THE EQUILIZER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  :lol:

Just now, Zambroski said:

You are my business.  Just another small perk I enjoy every day.  In a way, it makes me kind of a LIBRUL.  I get amusement out of making others miserable by forcing my unwelcome and unsolicited views on them.  Maybe I'm more like an equilizer though.  YEAH!  THE EQUILIZER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  :lol:

You kinda act like a whiny lib citiot. Agreed. 

5 minutes ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

According to the woman, she adamantly denies cancelling her seat.. And United has not been able to prove she did cancel.. Why would the woman cancel her seat?? she wanted to spend christmas in the airport rather than with her family she had obviously been trying to get home too?? She never tried to book another flight in the 3 hour time discrepancy of the delay but she did attempt to board the original flight she had a first class boarding pass for. There were available seats in economy, so why didnt the congress woman sit with the rest of her delegation in economy?? Answer: she doesnt fly economy she is a congress woman..

oh the horror, a fooking idiot might not like me..:cry: