Check your account email address ×

It Passed

• Platinum Contributing Member

Take all the people on Medicaid and treat them at a VA hospital. In 5 yrs add on all the people on medicare. The estimated fraud of those 2 programs is $60 billion a yr. Without billing there can be no fraud. Use the savings to build more hospitals. Once system is fully in place allow folks to buy into that plan for small money if they so desire. 

19 minutes ago, NaturallyAspirated said:

He is behaving just the same, zero care for the citizens, promotes agenda that helps himself and those elites like him.  Didn't follow through on campaign promises, isn't concerned with fixing the system, continually creating strife instead of cooperation.  Seems like he has all the establishment checkboxes ticked to me...

Neal

Just about everybody who chimed in on the taxes thread would save anywhere from 2-7 grand with the tax cuts. How does that not help the middle class? Are we all elites here?

7 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

Are you for real?  Just last night a tax bill was passed that will put more money in your pocket.  I'm not going to bother pointing out all the other things hes doing that are right for the country.  Just stop already.  The establishment is fighting him tooth and nail.  Fight them, not the guy on your side.  Here's a hint, David Gregory and Chuck Todd are inside the beltway elitist fucking assholes, not your friends.  Start there.

And how much do you suppose it put in Trump's?  

Ya I know you won't because the things he has done right are far outweighed by the wrong he is doing.

Neal

11 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

Take all the people on Medicaid and treat them at a VA hospital. In 5 yrs add on all the people on medicare. The estimated fraud of those 2 programs is $60 billion a yr. Without billing there can be no fraud. Use the savings to build more hospitals. Once system is fully in place allow folks to buy into that plan for small money if they so desire. 

You are just doing half of a single payer.  Set up a good single payer system and be done with it already.  

Neal

13 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

of course it would work if people actually had real published rates for care they could actually have cheaper catastrophic plans and then just pay out of pocket for normal care.  Auto insurance doesn't pay for oil changes so why should healthcare pay for basic maint of our bodies.  But if your telling me as a consumer its $500 when i walk through the door but really only are expecting $200 it doesn't allow for people to make that choice rationally.    

I saved  4k on my side of the premium and company gave me 1000 in my hsa to pay for basic care by taking a high deduc plan,  I banked the savings into my HSA.  Worst case if the shit hits the fan I am out an additional $1600 over the traditional insurance plan but if it's a normal year i should save money in my HSA and roll it to next year get to year 3 4 5 with no real issues which isn't abnormal for the average family and I have a significant kitty and can afford even higher deductibles

Personally I would prefer UHC but if we are not going that way we need to move to transparent cost of care and cost of the insurance.  

are you saying the hospital could afford to cut 60% of everyone's bill and still be afloat? that is how I read it. they can do stuff like that on occasion as many more people pay full prices to cover it. I agree with many other things you are stating.

Just now, NaturallyAspirated said:

Ya I know you won't because the things he has done right are far outweighed by the wrong he is doing.

Neal

WHAT FUCKING DIFFERENCE DOES THIS MAKE??????  At all?  Other than:

truuuuuump.jpg

You are just doing half of a single payer.  Set up a good single payer system and be done with it already.  

Neal

I don't like to force people into things they may not want. I prefer to keep it optional. 

2 minutes ago, Edmo said:

Just about everybody who chimed in on the taxes thread would save anywhere from 2-7 grand with the tax cuts. How does that not help the middle class? Are we all elites here?

Everyone get's a tax cut - myself included,  sure I love that, but a couple major things...

Our cut is set to expire, the corporate rate is not.  It is well understood that those with the money are those more invested in the corporate world.  Trump gets a gigantic cut that is not set to expire.

Secondly, we have not paid for this tax cut.  Trump is piling onto the debt massively.  Bigly even.

Neal

4 minutes ago, NaturallyAspirated said:

Neal

Who cares?  Another rule my dad taught me at a young age.....don't count other peoples money.  What is so wrong that he's done?

Just now, DriftBusta said:

Who cares?  Another rule my dad taught me at a young age.....don't count other peoples money.  What is so wrong that he's done?

Isn't your entire job now counting other people's money and making them more of it?  :lol:

I really have no problem not counting other people's money, up until the point that their money making at a benefited rate becomes government policy.  Then I count.

Neal

5 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

WHAT FUCKING DIFFERENCE DOES THIS MAKE??????  At all?  Other than:

truuuuuump.jpg

This is precisely how those who are washington insiders behave.  Deny it all you want but Trump is no different, and that's the point of the post, and the one that is referenced by the one you quoted.  Try to follow along.

Neal

Isn't your entire job now counting other people's money and making them more of it?  :lol:

I really have no problem not counting other people's money, up until the point that their money making at a benefited rate becomes government policy.  Then I count.

Neal

I knew you were gonna say that. :lol::bc:  When they solicit my advice, certainly.  This tax plan is a good thing, its a campaign promise kept, and it will help rev up the economy.  In.  My.  Opinion. :bc:  

1 minute ago, NaturallyAspirated said:

Neal

37% taxes is a benefited rate?  :lol:  I love liberal math.  

Just now, DriftBusta said:

I knew you were gonna say that. :lol::bc:  When they solicit my advice, certainly.  This tax plan is a good thing, its a campaign promise kept, and it will help rev up the economy.  In.  My.  Opinion. :bc:  

:lol:  :bc:  Being the head of government is an open solicitation to see how tax policy preferes said government official.

It is good, but should be a lot better.  You simply can't deny how not paying for it is being swept under the rug by conservatives.  It's disgustingly hypocritical (and total insider behavior).

Neal

19 minutes ago, NaturallyAspirated said:

And what rate is Trump going to pay on his corporate incomes?  :dunno:  Don't be such a rube.

Neal

21% but according to the Warren Buffett method of discussing taxes those aren't his taxes to be paid.   Funny how that works.  

1 hour ago, NaturallyAspirated said:

This is precisely how those who are washington insiders behave.  Deny it all you want but Trump is no different, and that's the point of the post, and the one that is referenced by the one you quoted.  Try to follow along.

Neal

After reading this post...wut?  :lol:

Nevermind.  I like Slinger's vortex today.  Your's is lame.  :lmao:

1 hour ago, Snoslinger said:

are you saying the hospital could afford to cut 60% of everyone's bill and still be afloat? that is how I read it. they can do stuff like that on occasion as many more people pay full prices to cover it. I agree with many other things you are stating.

no one pays "full price" other than the people who aren't going to pay anyways then they get collections for the full amount and the hospital writes it off.  Medicare and all insurance has adjustments and negotiated rates,  why do we need to play the game.  I have anthem with an 80% discount,  someone else might have aetna with only a 50% but end of the day no one is paying at 100% so lets make it fairer and easier.  

1 hour ago, AKIQPilot said:

ANWR bitches.  That's the best part of this whole thing right @Snoslinger:lol: 

yeah wonderful. how hard was it to make that deal happen :lol: trump and pence acted like he worked magic. I'm anxious to hear your technical expertise on how the accident/leak occurred down the road, after you tell us how safe and reliable all these things are.  :lol: sound familiar?