Check your account email address ×

And it starts.....Families warned they may lose children's health coverage

Families warned they may lose children's health coverage

Source: NBC News

State officials in Virginia started warning families this week that the popular Children's Health Insurance Program (CHIP) is about to run out of money. 

It's one of several states that have given notice or are preparing to tell families that funding for the program has ended and Congress has failed to renew it. 

For many families, that could mean an end to their health care unless they find someone to offer free care to their kids, according to Linda Nablo, chief deputy director at Virginia's Department of Medical Assistance Services. 

"I would say most families, their children will go without insurance," Nablo said.

Read more: https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/families-warned-they-may-lose-childrens-health-coverage/ar-BBGFgZk  

1 minute ago, f7ben said:

Dems didnt give a fuck about this either or they would have supported Bernie

Ben what’s really gonna effect guys your age is the new tax bill. 1 to 2 trillion added to the debt and your generation will have to pay for it along with all the infrastructure Trump promised to do but won’t. Your Social Security and Medicare will be cut and payouts will be moved to 70. Get disabled and it’s gonna be tough to get a check. 

Corporate America gets a huge break.....tic toc

Just now, Mainecat said:

Ben what’s really gonna effect guys your age is the new tax bill. 1 to 2 trillion added to the debt and your generation will have to pay for it along with all the infrastructure Trump promised to do but won’t. Your Social Security and Medicare will be cut and payouts will be moved to 70. Get disabled and it’s gonna be tough to get a check. 

Wrong.  I’m glad Trump will be in office when you take your last breath.  Good riddance.  

:lol:

1 minute ago, Mainecat said:

Who gives a fuck....burn it down 

8 hours ago, Mainecat said:

On January 20, 2009, when Obama was sworn in, the debt was $10.626 trillion. On January 20, 2017, when he left, it was $19.947 trillion.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Mainecat said:

Nancy Pelosi :   Republicans are trying to jam this through with the American public not even knowing whats in it!!!!!!

:lol: WTF??!!!

• Haha 1

• Platinum Contributing Member

I love when American citizens argue that the govt doesn't get enough money from us when they already collect over $19,000 PER PERSON.  It shows a special kind of retard to think this isn't too much already.

Edited by Highmark

1 minute ago, Highmark said:

I love when American citizens argue that the govt doesn't get enough money from us when they already collect over $19,000 PER PERSON.  It shows a special kind of retard to think this isn't too much already.

Most of that comes from the ones, you know...NOT PAYING!!!!!

4 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Most of that comes from the ones, you know...NOT PAYING!!!!!

Reality is Zam most all pay.   Property taxes, sales taxes, corp income taxes on profits, you name it.   I think everyone should pay something into fed and state taxes to have skin in the game but most all are still being scammed by the govt in one way or another.  Maybe those living on full govt assistance aren't but a huge portion of us are.    

How about we quit arguing about taking money away from the govt (especially when cuts contribute or cause growth) and focus on WHERE the money is going.  The govt already has WAY more money than it needs, the prioritization of it needs work.  

Edited by Highmark

5 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Reality is Zam most all pay.   Property taxes, sales taxes, corp income taxes on profits, you name it.   I think everyone should pay something into fed and state taxes to have skin in the game but most all are still being scammed by the govt in one way or another.  Maybe those living on full govt assistance aren't but a huge portion of us are.    

I know that....but the G/ments garnishing of wages is the largest swindle.  What chaps my ass is how they get absurd percentages from higher earners while others pay zero...and not just from income taxes.  It's something easily overlooked by those truly not "paying their fair share".  It's a punishment tax for wanting nice things.  I remember paying $16,000/year in property taxes after I fought off the IRS tooth and nail year in and year out.  Think my property values when down when when the markets tanked?  NOPE!

My "fair share".  Moto approves.

Just now, Zambroski said:

I know that....but the G/ments garnishing of wages is the largest swindle.  What chaps my ass is how they get absurd percentages from higher earners while others pay zero...and not just from income taxes.  It's something easily overlooked by those truly not "paying their fair share".  It's a punishment tax for wanting nice things.  I remember paying $16,000/year in property taxes after I fought off the IRS tooth and nail year in and year out.  Think my property values when down when when the markets tanked?  NOPE!

My "fair share".  Moto approves.

Moto claims he believes there should be no govt hence no taxes.  :lol:  

7 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Moto claims he believes there should be no govt hence no taxes.  :lol:  

He's one of the most entertaining here when it comes to economics....there's a few more from day to day but almost everytime he starts debating....I settle in  with a nice sandwich and enjoy the show.  I rarely even contribute to those anymore.  Just watchin'.

Image result for movie watching gif

9 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

He's one of the most entertaining here when it comes to economics....there's a few more from day to day but almost everytime he starts debating....I settle in  with a nice sandwich and enjoy the show.  I rarely even contribute to those anymore.  Just watchin'.

Image result for movie watching gif

Moto "understands" economics.   He's just wrong on his assumptions.  :lol:  

What's funny is reading his "we don't need govt, we need pure communism" then push demand side tax structure.  :lol:  

Edited by Highmark

1 hour ago, Snake said:

On January 20, 2009, when Obama was sworn in, the debt was $10.626 trillion. On January 20, 2017, when he left, it was $19.947 trillion.

Well fuck me it’s all Obama’s fault then. Bush never existed.........he did the same as Trump....give everyone a breadcrumb and reward corporate America.

i should have saved my 600.00 check Bush sent all taxpayers. The real cost today is probably 1200.00

but yeah blame Obama who took over a depression

10 hours ago, Mainecat said:

Families warned they may lose children's health coverage

Source: NBC News

State officials in Virginia started warning families this week that the popular Children's Health Insurance Program (CHIP) is about to run out of money. 

It's one of several states that have given notice or are preparing to tell families that funding for the program has ended and Congress has failed to renew it. 

For many families, that could mean an end to their health care unless they find someone to offer free care to their kids, according to Linda Nablo, chief deputy director at Virginia's Department of Medical Assistance Services. 

"I would say most families, their children will go without insurance," Nablo said.

Read more: https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/families-warned-they-may-lose-childrens-health-coverage/ar-BBGFgZk  

It Begins???? So the people that lost their plan under Obamacare rules that wasn't  the beginning??

YOU ARE A FUCKING PARTISAN HACK

Just now, Mainecat said:

Well fuck me it’s all Obama’s fault then. Bush never existed.........he did the same as Trump....give everyone a breadcrumb and reward corporate America.

i should have saved my 600.00 check Bush sent all taxpayers. The real cost today is probably 1200.00

but yeah blame Obama who took over a depression

The first Bush tax cut was a failure (your check).   It was the 2nd one that made tax revenues increase at record levels.  

Edited by Highmark