Check your account email address ×

Music

3 hours ago, ZR800efi said:

dunno if its been played, threads 467 pages not about to go through it all, but this song and this band is so underrated it makes me sick a little.

was a kid of the 90's , and while alot of stuff like nirvana was huge , i always found lyrically , they were pretty weak and nonsensical.

this band, alice in chains, was head and shoulders above them lyrically and just in general, superior muscians,.

layne staley in his prime before he met his end , and serious steep decline into drug addiction that eventually destroyed him, was one of the best rock singers of any generation imo. his lyrics, although alot , were written by also super talented rock god jerry cantrell,, chronicled his fall into addiction, his struggle , and warning of not to follow in his footsteps, are nothing short of chilling when you see how he finally died of it. 

anyways, heres a one off off there arguably best album dirt'.the songs called rooster' and was written by cantrel for his father who served in vietnam.his father was so impressed with how close to home it hit, he agreed to be in the music video.

anyways, this is epic as fuck and hits me right in the feels.

this is art, folks.

The truly sad part is why they are not in the Rock n Roll Hall of Fame. I remember watching the live 1996 Mtv Unplugged session which is now legendary and IMO the best Mtv Unplugged session ever and it seems to get better with time. One of my favs from that 1996 Mtv Unplugged session. 

• Like 1

• Replies 13.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1trailmaker

• Jimmy Snacks

• ckf

• Blackstar

• Gold Member
11 minutes ago, snoughnut said:

The truly sad part is why they are not in the Rock n Roll Hall of Fame. I remember watching the live 1996 Mtv Unplugged session which is now legendary and IMO the best Mtv Unplugged session ever and it seems to get better with time. One of my favs from that 1996 Mtv Unplugged session. 

i envey you.you were there for that?i watched this concert about 1000 times.

couldn't agree more man.these guys influenced so many bands that came after. 100 percent worthy of the rock and roll hall of fame.

the bass in would on that acoustic base is a forc of nature.layne was deteriorated big time by the time they did this , and was actually using right before this concert.despite being so compremised, still hit the notes and was on fucking point even though he was 80 percent dead at this point.

shortly after this they did 4 shows opening for kiss. layne od'ed after the last one and that was it for them as a band live.

they put out died' and get born again singles afterwartd. laynes long time on and off gf died a few months after this unplugged and he never recovered.this is a true masterpiece.

my favorites from it are would, down in a hole , heaven beside you and no excuses '. these tracks are as close to a guy singing at his own funeral you will ever see.

Edited by ZR800efi

• Gold Member

the harmonies on down in a hole ' is pure fucking art.masters of there craft.even sean kinney , mike starr and later the former ozzy bassiest were so fucking good too, as well as layne one of the best front mans ever and cantrell as the songwriter /lead guitarist.

imo these guys put other bands i really like to shame in terms of pure talent. 

• Like 1

• Gold Member
8 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

The fact that they aren’t in The RNR Hall Of Fame makes zero sense…absolute joke.

complete fucking joke i agree. no one in there wrote more honest songs about the darkest corners of life then these guys.theres no bullshit in aic's songs.

imo, the most underrated band of all time.

• Like 1

• Gold Member

....and for this alone, they should be in the hof' lol.

this is from there 'clash of the titans ' tour. they were relatively unknown at the time, and opened for slayer, megadeath and i think pantera, but not sure on the last one.

anyway, hardcore metal bands. aic was a grunge band , but had the respect of the metal community unlike most grunge style bands.

anyways they were constantly pelted by water bottles and heckled badly as these guys were there for the metal acts.

aic giving zero fucks had a few things to say to that audience at this show , and finished up with a cheeky version of man in the box with a few key words changed as a fuck you' to the crowd.

if this isnt balls, i dunno what is. LOL

• Like 1

• Gold Member

speaking of unplugged, aic was definitely the best.

but i definitely enjoyed the unplugged for pearl jam and stp as well.

vedder on point as fuck for this one.better then the studio version of this song 'porch'

and stp was great too with early scott weiland before he was a complete train wreck. crackerman ' was as good here live acoustic as the album as well.

....god dam they just dont make music like this no more.its a god dam shame.

• Like 1

• Platinum Contributing Member
14 minutes ago, ZR800efi said:

speaking of unplugged, aic was definitely the best.

but i definitely enjoyed the unplugged for pearl jam and stp as well.

vedder on point as fuck for this one.better then the studio version of this song 'porch'

and stp was great too with early scott weiland before he was a complete train wreck. crackerman ' was as good here live acoustic as the album as well.

....god dam they just dont make music like this no more.its a god dam shame.

Two more of my favorites….good stuff.

• Like 1

They are still touring and kicking more ass than ever. Rainier Fog tour at the Armory in early 2020 was easily top 3 concerts I’ve ever been to and might have been the best. 

• Like 1

• Gold Member
3 minutes ago, f7ben said:

They are still touring and kicking more ass than ever. Rainier Fog tour at the Armory in early 2020 was easily top 3 concerts I’ve ever been to and might have been the best. 

williams great. they really couldnt have done better for a replacement.personally like layne much more , but williams dam good too.

• Gold Member
12 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Two more of my favorites….good stuff.

stps 'core ' album and pearl jams 'ten' are on the playlist for me 100 percent. solid bands in there own right.superunknown ' from soundgardens up there as well.

every aic album is too though.and thats the difference lol. 

id put all 4 over nirvana, which is every poseurs favorite grunge era band lol

Edited by ZR800efi
  • Like 1

• Gold Member

temple of the dog' album.vedder and cornell on hunger strike was good. but i want to focus on this song.just like aic's would' was dedicated and written for deceased star to be frontman andrew wood, so was this song a tribute to that same guy.

its a shame andrew wood didnt get the chance to go further in his career, cause he clearly had a profound influence on these iconic bands of the early seattle scene.

by most accounts, they thought he was going to be the main guy that put seattle on the map, but died before he got the chance.

anyways , 'say hello to heaven ' by temple of the dog (pearl jam with cornell on vocals , basically ).great live performance right here, gotta give cornell his due.

1 hour ago, ZR800efi said:

i envey you.you were there for that?i watched this concert about 1000 times.

couldn't agree more man.these guys influenced so many bands that came after. 100 percent worthy of the rock and roll hall of fame.

the bass in would on that acoustic base is a forc of nature.layne was deteriorated big time by the time they did this , and was actually using right before this concert.despite being so compremised, still hit the notes and was on fucking point even though he was 80 percent dead at this point.

shortly after this they did 4 shows opening for kiss. layne od'ed after the last one and that was it for them as a band live.

they put out died' and get born again singles afterwartd. laynes long time on and off gf died a few months after this unplugged and he never recovered.this is a true masterpiece.

my favorites from it are would, down in a hole , heaven beside you and no excuses '. these tracks are as close to a guy singing at his own funeral you will ever see.

You misunderstood me, I wasn’t at the live show, I watched it on MTV when it was aired live back in 96. I wish I was there, very lucky and exclusive audience that got to witness that, the members of Metallica were in the audience.

• Like 1

• Gold Member
Just now, snoughnut said:

You misunderstood me, I wasn’t at the live show, I watched it on MTV when it was aired live back in 96. I wish I was there, very lucky and exclusive audience that got to witness that, the members of Metallica were in the audience.

if you look at mike inezs bass in that concert, it says 

'friends dont let friends get haircuts'

a friendly dig at metallica that were there.this was when they were in the 'load' album phase and cut off the headbanger hairdews for the gq slicked off look.

pretty funny.aic was always fucking with other bands on there tours too.

• Like 1

• Gold Member
17 minutes ago, ZR800efi said:

stps 'core ' album and pearl jams 'ten' are on the playlist for me 100 percent. solid bands in there own right.superunknown ' from soundgardens up there as well.

every aic album is too though.and thats the difference lol. 

id put all 4 over nirvana, which is every poseurs favorite grunge era band lol

I listen to grunge probably more than any other genre and Nirvana is probably my least favorite main stream grunge band. They are usually the last I want to listen to. AIC, soundgarden, mother love bone, temple of the dog, STP, Mad season, Melvin’s, Hole anything before Nirvana. Not really a huge Pearl Jam fan either.

• Like 1

• Gold Member
5 minutes ago, 800renegaderider said:

I listen to grunge probably more than any other genre and Nirvana is probably my least favorite main stream grunge band. They are usually the last I want to listen to. AIC, soundgarden, mother love bone, temple of the dog, STP, Mad season, Melvin’s, Hole anything before Nirvana. Not really a huge Pearl Jam fan either.

yep.in my opinion, just as aic is grossly undderatted, i believe nirvana was equally overratted.

if you look at there songs lyrically, theres nothing there.nonsense.

• Gold Member

one of my favorite stp songs.weiiland got so much undeserved hate imo. that guy had a killer voice imo.

Edited by ZR800efi

• Gold Member

another stp banger.  these guys had some great ones.there later stuff though...kinda sucked.but those first 2 , man.epic.

57 minutes ago, ZR800efi said:

if you look at mike inezs bass in that concert, it says 

'friends dont let friends get haircuts'

a friendly dig at metallica that were there.this was when they were in the 'load' album phase and cut off the headbanger hairdews for the gq slicked off look.

pretty funny.aic was always fucking with other bands on there tours too.

I remember back in 1991 when AIC toured with Van Halen, Sammy Hagar once said in an interview that he told the band that we need to pick up our game because AIC is kicking our ass. Cantrell also said that the first time they opened for Van Halen he was really nervous because Eddie (one of the greatest ever) was watching them perform.

• Like 1

• Gold Member
25 minutes ago, snoughnut said:

I remember back in 1991 when AIC toured with Van Halen, Sammy Hagar once said in an interview that he told the band that we need to pick up our game because AIC is kicking our ass. Cantrell also said that the first time they opened for Van Halen he was really nervous because Eddie (one of the greatest ever) was watching them perform.

on that same van halen tour, when van halen was doing there trademark walk across the stage, aic came out behind them doing the train dressed in drag .van halen had no idea they were doing it till they reached the other side of the stage and turned around hahaha.

cantrell was living with i think his manager at that time and when cantrell came back off that same tour , the guy said ' hey glad your back ..can you get your shit out my garage?'

cantrell didnt know what he was talking about untill he went to the garage and seen eddie van halen had filled it up with speakers, guitars , amps ...all kinds of expensive shit as a thank you to them.

pretty great guy for sure.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, ZR800efi said:

on that same van halen tour, when van halen was doing there trademark walk across the stage, aic came out behind them doing the train dressed in drag .van halen had no idea they were doing it till they reached the other side of the stage and turned around hahaha.

cantrell was living with i think his manager at that time and when cantrell came back off that same tour , the guy said ' hey glad your back ..can you get your shit out my garage?'

cantrell didnt know what he was talking about untill he went to the garage and seen eddie van halen had filled it up with speakers, guitars , amps ...all kinds of expensive shit as a thank you to them.

pretty great guy for sure.

Yep, I recall that story and as a matter of fact, Van Halen is actually my favorite band, sucks big time that Eddie is gone. I love both eras of VH but I am partial to the Roth era.

• Like 2