Music

• Gold Member
4 minutes ago, snoughnut said:

Yep, I recall that story and as a matter of fact, Van Halen is actually my favorite band, sucks big time that Eddie is gone. I love both eras of VH but I am partial to the Roth era.

ever read the book 'everyone loves our town'? its all about the early 90s and the grunge scene and all the fuckery that went on behind the scenes.worth a read.

• Replies 13.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1trailmaker

• Jimmy Snacks

• ckf

• Blackstar

• Platinum Contributing Member
8 hours ago, 800renegaderider said:

Love the story about lead singer Donita Sparks pulling out her bloody tampon and winging it into the crowd.🤣🤣

8 hours ago, snoughnut said:

Yep, I recall that story and as a matter of fact, Van Halen is actually my favorite band, sucks big time that Eddie is gone. I love both eras of VH but I am partial to the Roth era.

Yep…my brother brought VH’s first album home and it was like WTF is this…one of those rare releases that makes people look at each other and say holy shit!👍🏼🤣

I think the same about GNR Appetite For Destruction. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Yep…my brother brought VH’s first album home and it was like WTF is this…one of those rare releases that makes people look at each other and say holy shit!👍🏼🤣

Yes sir, I call those mind blown albums and Appetite is certainly one of them. When it came out in 88 everybody was like.........

WTF? Montage - Reaction GIFs | Funny gif, Wtf face, Best funny pictures

• Haha 3

• Gold Member
4 hours ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

that album was killer. use your illusion was also great

4 hours ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

The local radio station played Welcome to the Jungle and Paradise City so much that summer, I actually tired of it very quickly.

Then did a weekend in August looking for a place to live in Mankato, MN (College) and the guys we stayed with broke the CD out and I listened in amazement as besides the 2 songs I'd heard dozens of times, just kept getting better and better as it was played out.... Top 10 in my books for sure.

54 minutes ago, Mag6240 said:

The local radio station played Welcome to the Jungle and Paradise City so much that summer, I actually tired of it very quickly.

Then did a weekend in August looking for a place to live in Mankato, MN (College) and the guys we stayed with broke the CD out and I listened in amazement as besides the 2 songs I'd heard dozens of times, just kept getting better and better as it was played out.... Top 10 in my books for sure.

Exactly…the whole album is great from top to bottom. First time I heard them was on MTV Headbangers Ball IIRC…I was at NMU and my roommate and I a few others were all drunked up playing cards in our dorm room and we just stopped when it came on.😜🤣

3 hours ago, Mag6240 said:

Kjo 104.1?

Moved to south mpls in fall of 87 for school.

spent 2 years up there!!
what a couple of years!!school at brown on lake st then worked at sears lake street then spent all my time on and around lake nakomis!

hair metal days!!!!!

Just now, X2700 said:

Kjo 104.1?

Moved to south mpls in fall of 87 for school.

spent 2 years up there!!
what a couple of years!!school at brown on lake st then worked at sears lake street then spent all my time on and around lake nakomis!

hair metal days!!!!!

KQRS in the Twin Cities.  I know all that area well!  We probably crossed paths once or twice at Nikomis in those later 80's....

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

A buddy of mine and myself saw them in concert in 1985 on The Defenders of the Faith Tour. We were both 16 and it was awesome........... I've never seen so much studded leather and chains in my life, we felt a bit out of place. :lmao:

• Haha 1