Check your account email address ×

Coal jobs! Yea baby

ICEMAN!

3 minutes ago, 02sled said:

Something tells me the Fraser Institute with no allegiance, financial or otherwise to anyone or political party has a whole lot of people a with a whole lot more intelligence than you. Ever hear of air scrubbers for the exhaust and read the reports on the before and after emissions. Something tells me you haven't.

It's no surprise you'll dismiss a Canadian based Fraser Institute report, just like you dismissed a Canadian CIBC Wood Gundy report and chose a US based report on retirement savings.

Keep your cherry picking selectivity going, only looking at what you can dig up that aligns with what you believe, even if it isn't applicable to Canada.  

The Fraser Institute is right wing conservative biased as is the Toronto Sun.

49 minutes ago, ICEMAN! said:

The Fraser Institute is right wing conservative biased as is the Toronto Sun.

They just analyze the data the metrics and the FACTS. Too bad the FACTS don't align with your LIBTURD thoughts on this one. When are you trading your vehicle in on an electric one, changing your home heating to electricity and giving up your pollution spewing snowmobile or is that too far left for your convenience.

Edited by 02sled

57 minutes ago, 02sled said:

Something tells me the Fraser Institute with no allegiance, financial or otherwise to anyone or political party has a whole lot of people a with a whole lot more intelligence than you. Ever hear of air scrubbers for the exhaust and read the reports on the before and after emissions. Something tells me you haven't.

It's no surprise you'll dismiss a Canadian based Fraser Institute report, just like you dismissed a Canadian CIBC Wood Gundy report and chose a US based report on retirement savings.

Keep your cherry picking selectivity going, only looking at what you can dig up that aligns with what you believe, even if it isn't applicable to Canada.  

It's biased right wing crap most of the time funded by right wingers like the Kock Bros

http://www.vancouverobserver.com/politics/charitable-fraser-institute-received-43-million-foreign-funding-2000

Natural gas is a very good energy source, assuming supply remains abundant.  Coal without Government loony toon intervention, will be around a long time unless nuclear becomes popular once again.  For that to happen, nuclear technology needs to improve to make it more scalable, IMO.  

2 minutes ago, sledderj said:

Natural gas is a very good energy source, assuming supply remains abundant.  Coal without Government loony toon intervention, will be around a long time unless nuclear becomes popular once again.  For that to happen, nuclear technology needs to improve to make it more scalable, IMO.  

I think nuke tech is right there .....

5 minutes ago, ICEMAN! said:

It's biased right wing crap most of the time funded by right wingers like the Kock Bros

http://www.vancouverobserver.com/politics/charitable-fraser-institute-received-43-million-foreign-funding-2000

Sounds like a drop in the bucket compared to all the foreign funding given to left wing think tanks and environmental groups. 

• Gold Member

Coal doesn't need to power us as much as it use to.  There is prolly just as much if not more profit exporting coal to developing and third world countries that don't have such stringent Enviromental regulations

Just now, BOHICA said:

Coal doesn't need to power us as much as it use to.  There is prolly just as much if not more profit exporting coal to developing and third world countries that don't have such stringent Enviromental regulations

do you burn your spare tires in your yard and dump your used motor oil down the storm drain too? fucking idiot

1 minute ago, f7ben said:

I think nuke tech is right there .....

Costs need to be lowered on small scale generation.  Our Province looked hard at nuclear generation.  We have one of the world's richest Uranium deposits.  The reality of it was the scale we would have had to build it to be economical would have been much too large for our demand.  Deploying de-centralized natural gas turbine generation made WAY more sense.  Wasn't even close.  

4 minutes ago, sledderj said:

Costs need to be lowered on small scale generation.  Our Province looked hard at nuclear generation.  We have one of the world's richest Uranium deposits.  The reality of it was the scale we would have had to build it to be economical would have been much too large for our demand.  Deploying de-centralized natural gas turbine generation made WAY more sense.  Wasn't even close.  

Not the case in Ontario where it made sense and then the stupid got involved. 

• Gold Member
6 minutes ago, f7ben said:

do you burn your spare tires in your yard and dump your used motor oil down the storm drain too? fucking idiot

Grew up in farm country...  use to just pull the oil plug in front of the machine shed.  Kept the dust down. 

Now I just pay the quicklube to change my oil and the tire shop to change my tires...  I think they charge me a disposal fee of like 5 bucks a tire.

1 minute ago, BOHICA said:

Grew up in farm country...  use to just pull the oil plug in front of the machine shed.  Kept the dust down. 

Now I just pay the quicklube to change my oil and the tire shop to change my tires...  I think they charge me a disposal fee of like 5 bucks a tire.

:lol:

21 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

FSCE liberal starts a Trump bash thread, gets owned.  Posts "happy thoughts" about jobs being lost, gets owned.  Starts a GW spin, gets owned.  Shifts to a "fact" narrative, gets owned.  

Statis quo.

:lol:

CONSERVATIVE BIAS

16 minutes ago, BOHICA said:

They probably get paid by the tire recycling company when they pick them up so it's a win win for the tire shop.

10 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

liberal tolerance

now there is the definition of oxymoron

I couldn't find a better example if you gave me a week.

8 minutes ago, BOHICA said:

The last set of worn out tires I put on Craigslist.  Worn out bfg's all terrains will bring $20 bucks.  

Yep, been doing that for some years now.  I wear my Duratracs down to about 25-35% left then stickem on Craigs.  Usually get about $100 for them.  It's like a $100 off coupon toward my next set!  On 5th set now.