Check your account email address ×

Sled season prep has begun!

Highmark

17 hours ago, DriftBusta said:

Just looking for a deal on some shocks.  If I find one great, if not, added some nice mods and the sledz only got 500 miles on it, so the stock shocks will do if they have to.  I need some quality down time after this shit show of a year.

Retire you old bastid.

Found some mystik sea and snow 5L jugs on sale for $24 from $36. So I got a fresh 20L ready to go for season.

Edited by Tomas.
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Tomas. said:

Found some mystik sea and snow 5L jugs on sale for $24 from $36. So I got a fresh 20L ready to go for season.

I got 6 gallons last Christmas at farm and fleet for $19.99ea!

9 minutes ago, Anler said:

I got 6 gallons last Christmas at farm and fleet for $19.99ea!

Sounds like for once, Canada had the better pricing.

5 litres for $24.93 cad

1 us gallon for $19.99usd

$19.99 usd = $26.34 cad

1 us gallon = 3.785 Litres

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Tomas. said:

Sounds like for once, Canada had the better pricing.

5 litres for $24.93 cad

1 us gallon for $19.99usd

$19.99 usd = $26.34 cad

1 us gallon = 3.785 Litres

Mystik has a manufacturers rebate until 12-31-20 for $8 back per gallon up to 3 per household. 

Sea and snow is 17.99 and JT4 is either 19.99 or 21.99 on sale every so often at farm and fleets in the midwest. Usually like every 2-3 months. 

I have like 6 gallons on the shelf of JT4. I use about a gallon a trip out west.

Edited by Legend

1 hour ago, Legend said:

Mystik has a manufacturers rebate until 12-31-20 for $8 back per gallon up to 3 per household. 

Sea and snow is 17.99 and JT4 is either 19.99 or 21.99 on sale every so often at farm and fleets in the midwest. Usually like every 2-3 months. 

I have like 6 gallons on the shelf of JT4. I use about a gallon a trip out west.

That is all I have been using the last few years. Fuck that OEM $50/gallon oil

1 hour ago, Legend said:

The jt4 full synthetic is definitely cheaper for you guys.

I am a little worried that this will be the last year to get sea and snow as where I bought those 20l from (Canadian Tire) are having an chain wide in store clearance. Almost sounds like they are just looking to get rid of it. And nobody else that I found up here sells it

4 hours ago, Anler said:

That is all I have been using the last few years. Fuck that OEM $50/gallon oil

All I have used for 10 years. Its just as good as any other oil. 

btw just saw its on sale again today in the flyer. Sea and snow is actually 16.99 gal. Didn't see what JT4 was, but its usually on sale same time as S&S. Plus $8 rebate, makes for some damn cheap oil.

Edited by Legend
  • Like 1

• Gold Member
On 9/13/2020 at 5:50 PM, Highmark said:

Spent about 9 hours starting at 5am this morning cleaning the shop.  Now getting the sleds ready begins with the old Max.

20200913_140058.jpg

Always loved the looks of that era VMax! Nice ride, dude!  :bc:

• Platinum Contributing Member
9 hours ago, Kivalo said:

Always loved the looks of that era VMax! Nice ride, dude!  :bc:

Needs a bath.   Freshened the engine up last year with new pistons and rings and spaced the cylinders up.   New track and studs as well.   Got a chain case...used sealant was instead of a gasket as they aren't available from Yamaha anymore.  Bought some gasket material and will cut my own.  

2 hours ago, Highmark said:

Needs a bath.   Freshened the engine up last year with new pistons and rings and spaced the cylinders up.   New track and studs as well.   Got a chain case...used sealant was instead of a gasket as they aren't available from Yamaha anymore.  Bought some gasket material and will cut my own.  

I swear to God this is a true story...

We were out riding in Togwotee around 2013 or 14. Staying at Lava Mountain Lodge.  I was riding a POS IQ 700. Wrist pin clip came out and chewed up the piston. I didn't have a back up sled along. Pulled it apart in the shop at the lodge. Smoothed off the piston with a grinding pad, and put in new wrist pin clip. Pin didn't come out and hit cylinder wall. So wall was just a little scratched up. Went to put shit back together but fucked up base gasket. So we cut up a Leinenkugels beer case and covered it in RTV gasket maker. Put it on the crankcase and finished putting it together. Fucking thing ran good. It was probably down 20%-40% hp on that cylinder but the shitbox made it the rest of the week. 

That was the last time I went out west without 2 sleds. 

Edited by Legend
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Legend said:

I swear to God this is a true story...

We were out riding in Togwotee around 2013 or 14. Staying at Lava Mountain Lodge.  I was riding a POS IQ 700. Wrist pin clip came out and chewed up the piston. I didn't have a back up sled along. Pulled it apart in the shop at the lodge. Smoothed off the piston with a grinding pad, and put in new wrist pin clip. Pin didn't come out and hit cylinder wall. So wall was just a little scratched up. Went to put shit back together but fucked up base gasket. So we cut up a Leinenkugels beer case and covered it in RTV gasket maker. Put it on the crankcase and finished putting it together. Fucking thing ran good. It was probably down 20%-40% hp on that cylinder but the shitbox made it the rest of the week. 

That was the last time I went out west without 2 sleds. 

That does not give me hope for my IQ 700, and I live out west lmao.