Check your account email address ×

I'm confused

5 minutes ago, Crotch Lickmeoff said:

Was woman beater Kobe Bryant the only one in that crash? Cause that's all they talking about . Fucking pathetic 

This is how our world works it’s called programming 

i do feel bad for his children who lost a father and a sister. 

• Like 1

It really is strange.  He is such a superstar.......transcending icon,  overshadowing the deaths of eight other people, but others in the media didn’t him from LeBron James ?   

• Platinum Contributing Member
31 minutes ago, Crotch Lickmeoff said:

Was woman beater Kobe Bryant the only one in that crash? Cause that's all they talking about . Fucking pathetic 

Yah...in fact there was a husband and wife along with their teen  daughter that died as well....barely a peep about them. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Yah...in fact there was a husband and wife along with their teen  daughter that died as well....barely a peep about them. 

The media can't make money of those regular people. 

Search NewsSearch web

US Army general says he's mourning a soldier killed in Syria instead of Kobe Bryant

Business InsiderJanuary 27, 2020

Kobe Bryant
Kobe Bryant

Jason Miller/Getty Images

• Many took offense at a general's comment for seeming to minimize the death of superstar Kobe Bryant, who died Sunday in a helicopter crash with his 13-year-old daughter and seven others.

• "Lots of people mourning a basketball player this morning. I think I'll use my energy to remember SPC Moore and his Family. #RIP," Maj. Gen. John Evans tweeted about Spc. Antonio Moore, who was killed Friday in Syria.

• Some veterans said that the general's comment failed to acknowledge the grief many feel for Bryant, 41, who retired from the NBA in 2016 after a legendary career.

• A spokeswoman for Cadet Command said, "Since we tend to connect to celebrities more, we have a tendency to forget about others who are just as important. There was no disrespect meant."

As Americans continued to a grapple with the death of basketball superstar Kobe Bryant, his 13-year-old daughter and seven others on Monday, a US Army general took to Twitter to highlight the loss of another American: a 22-year-old soldier killed in Syria.

But many took offense at the way the general did it.

"Lots of people mourning a basketball player this morning. I think I'll use my energy to remember SPC Moore and his Family. #RIP," Maj. Gen. John Evans tweeted.

Spc. Antonio Moore, a combat engineer in the Army Reserve from Wilmington, N.C., was killed in a vehicle rollover accident on a Friday mission in eastern Syria. In a statement, his battalion commander said: "Antonio was one of the best in our formation. He will be missed by all who served with him."

Many veterans said that the general's comment failed to acknowledge the grief many feel for Bryant, 41, who was retired from the NBA after a legendary career. His daughter Gianna "Gigi" Bryant was also killed, as 

"As a life long laker fan, #Kobe helped me get through deployments in the early 2000's," wrote one person in response to Evan's comment. "Both deaths are tragic, but in different ways. No need to make it a contest."

And a former Army officer, who led a research program on veterans prior to joining the RAND Corporation, tweeted that the comment was not in keeping with Army values.

"This is not a healthy look for civil-military relations," tweeted Philip Carter. "The military does not have a monopoly on suffering or death; insisting on primacy of grief is inconsistent with the Army value of selfless-sacrifice."

11 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Who gives a fuck about the soldier in Syria. He died as a paid mercenary 

Mercenary or a rapist....couldnt give 2 shits about either

Just because you got beat like a drum on here today - you don't have to be a fuckin asshole 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Crotch Lickmeoff said:

So why are you watching it? I’ve only seen it on Facebook with friends posting about it or people here posting about it.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ford_428cj said:

The young soldier dying, might have been just trying to better his life & serve the country.

Keyboard pussy you are...

I like people who didn’t die in combat! 

4 hours ago, XCR1250 said:

Search NewsSearch web

US Army general says he's mourning a soldier killed in Syria instead of Kobe Bryant

Business InsiderJanuary 27, 2020

Kobe Bryant
Kobe Bryant

Jason Miller/Getty Images

• Many took offense at a general's comment for seeming to minimize the death of superstar Kobe Bryant, who died Sunday in a helicopter crash with his 13-year-old daughter and seven others.

• "Lots of people mourning a basketball player this morning. I think I'll use my energy to remember SPC Moore and his Family. #RIP," Maj. Gen. John Evans tweeted about Spc. Antonio Moore, who was killed Friday in Syria.

• Some veterans said that the general's comment failed to acknowledge the grief many feel for Bryant, 41, who retired from the NBA in 2016 after a legendary career.

• A spokeswoman for Cadet Command said, "Since we tend to connect to celebrities more, we have a tendency to forget about others who are just as important. There was no disrespect meant."

As Americans continued to a grapple with the death of basketball superstar Kobe Bryant, his 13-year-old daughter and seven others on Monday, a US Army general took to Twitter to highlight the loss of another American: a 22-year-old soldier killed in Syria.

But many took offense at the way the general did it.

"Lots of people mourning a basketball player this morning. I think I'll use my energy to remember SPC Moore and his Family. #RIP," Maj. Gen. John Evans tweeted.

Spc. Antonio Moore, a combat engineer in the Army Reserve from Wilmington, N.C., was killed in a vehicle rollover accident on a Friday mission in eastern Syria. In a statement, his battalion commander said: "Antonio was one of the best in our formation. He will be missed by all who served with him."

Many veterans said that the general's comment failed to acknowledge the grief many feel for Bryant, 41, who was retired from the NBA after a legendary career. His daughter Gianna "Gigi" Bryant was also killed, as 

"As a life long laker fan, #Kobe helped me get through deployments in the early 2000's," wrote one person in response to Evan's comment. "Both deaths are tragic, but in different ways. No need to make it a contest."

And a former Army officer, who led a research program on veterans prior to joining the RAND Corporation, tweeted that the comment was not in keeping with Army values.

"This is not a healthy look for civil-military relations," tweeted Philip Carter. "The military does not have a monopoly on suffering or death; insisting on primacy of grief is inconsistent with the Army value of selfless-sacrifice."

A real man would mourn them all. 

10 hours ago, SSFB said:

So why are you watching it? I’ve only seen it on Facebook with friends posting about it or people here posting about it.

That's what I've only seen too. One exception was wife was watching it on TMZ.  

Heres one opinion 

Millions of people hugged their kids tighter last night.

Because a well known human died.

Yet some of you let those chubby fingers type bullshit like “other people died too” or “how about all the soldiers that died.”

YET NONE OF YOU FLAPPIN THAT BULLSHIT ARE POSTING PICS OF THOSE SOLDIERS OR COPS EVERY OTHER DAY OF THE WEEK!

It’s fucking pathetic that your jealousy, envy, disdain or confused moral compass has you speaking such stupidity.

Famous people carry a lot of weight and if that offends you than you need to look inside and get yourself in check because a celebrities death brought people closer yesterday.

Except you.