Check your account email address ×

Christmas meal thread!!!

f7ben

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

50 minutes ago, smokin george said:

We're  having eight friends over for dinner. The turkey (20lb) is stuffed and in the oven, mashed taters, carrots/turnip mashed( some recipe with brown sugar etc) steamed broccoli, gravy and warm brioche buns outta the oven. Then we're having some rum cake and yule log followed by some Macdamia Nut Liquer 

20191225_130637.jpg

Good looking treats there Mr George

• Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, SVT MXZ XRS said:

IMG_20191225_133556278.thumb.jpg.81152e3546927c9c1689d45308a819da.jpg

Traditional Christmas here today.

Dearborn ham in the roasting pan. Green bean casserole, cheesey potatoes, sweet potato casserole. And Lasagna ready for the oven. (Italian Christmas additional to the ham. And my MILs kilbassa and sauerkraut. 

Had Polish Christmas Eve with the wife's dad's family last night.  Home made perogies, kilbassa and sauerkraut, ham and home made Gołąbki (stuffed cabbage rolls). 

not sure why so many eastern European counterys thought family  sitting around with cabbage farts made for good holiday traditions lol 

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, f7ben said:

That's the first time I've seen it spelled Golabki?

I've always seen it spelled Golumpki

That's how you spell it in English   Gołąbki is Polish :thumbsup:

6 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

not sure why so many eastern European counterys thought family  sitting around with cabbage farts made for good holiday traditions lol 

Between the sauerkraut and Gołąbki I'll have to be careful farting the next 3-4 days. Shitting is definitely not an issue :lol:

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Ez ryder said:

just a pic of the left overs in the roster.

sarma (Serbian dish )

ground beef ground ham ground pork and rice and spices mixed up rolled in cabbage and layered with crout and tomato sauce and sausage 

20191225_115223.jpg

Serbs in the family or just a dish you like to make? :dunno:

11 minutes ago, BOHICA said:

Proper. :bc:

4 minutes ago, SSFB said:

Serbs in the family or just a dish you like to make? :dunno:

Proper. :bc:

lots of Serbs. 

my half were Serbs and dutch 

wife's were Yugoslavia transplants to Russia then US 

and a wopp of the globe. 

was married in the Serb church . my and wife's buds were lime what the fuck is this X files shit lol  deer hunter movie wedding 

the crowns tied hands candels swinging incense the chanting shit  and all in Serbian.  then they walk out side to see guys dancing with the squatting arms crossed feet kicking out shit with the band playing in the street . old men behind the church with pits dug cooking 3 lambs over the coals spinning 

and the best part most serb churches have bars in the basment 

we both wanted to go old school because they were always fun when we were kids .

Just now, Ez ryder said:

lots of Serbs. 

my half were Serbs and dutch 

wife's were Yugoslavia transplants to Russia then US 

and a wopp of the globe. 

was married in the Serb church . my and wife's buds were lime what the fuck is this X files shit lol  deer hunter movie wedding 

the crowns tied hands candels swinging incense the chanting shit  and all in Serbian.  then they walk out side to see guys dancing with the squatting arms crossed feet kicking out shit with the band playing in the street . old men behind the church with pits dug cooking 3 lambs over the coals spinning 

and the best part most serb churches have bars in the basment 

we both wanted to go old school because they were always fun when we were kids .

I know lots of Macedonians and Albanians. Most are good people.  Some of the bold that I've dealt with are complete shit bags tho

1 hour ago, smokin george said:

We're  having eight friends over for dinner. The turkey (20lb) is stuffed and in the oven, mashed taters, carrots/turnip mashed( some recipe with brown sugar etc) steamed broccoli, gravy and warm brioche buns outta the oven. Then we're having some rum cake and yule log followed by some Macdamia Nut Liquer 

20191225_130637.jpg

We have a 26 pound Turkey in the oven. It was bending the rack lol.

32 minutes ago, SVT MXZ XRS said:

I know lots of Macedonians and Albanians. Most are good people.  Some of the bold that I've dealt with are complete shit bags tho

Was fucking a Macedonian chick for a while, she hated the Greeks. So much so, every time I nailed her she was adamant that I not jam it in her ass. Best tasting pussy I ever ate.

17 minutes ago, Woodtick said:

I’ve had to step in and help my 85 year old mil on the roast. She picked out a nice one. Me and my bil have taken over. None of her thermometers work. 

877BB301-043E-43CE-B646-44BC25E44798.jpeg

Buy her a digital 6 probe unit. They are like 40 bucks and I dont know how I ever cooked without it

Man I'm not having anything that good for Christmas. Last night (every Christmas Eve) we go to my BILs and his wife is Italian so it's all pasta, sausage and peppers, vesuvio potatoes, etc... Which is good. But today we do breakfast at my house with the grandparents then we go somewhere else for tonight which is typically appetizers, finger food and drinks. I'm gonna have to wait til new years for the grandiose feast. 

We can’t find them in her house. She owns everything when it comes to cooking. She puts stuff in bizarre places and can’t remember? My bil owns 3 famous Chicago restaurants, we can figure it out. The whole thing is funny. 

12 minutes ago, Anler said:

Man I'm not having anything that good for Christmas. Last night (every Christmas Eve) we go to my BILs and his wife is Italian so it's all pasta, sausage and peppers, vesuvio potatoes, etc... Which is good. But today we do breakfast at my house with the grandparents then we go somewhere else for tonight which is typically appetizers, finger food and drinks. I'm gonna have to wait til new years for the grandiose feast. 

:owned: