Check your account email address ×

Wheel hop cure

Pete

3 minutes ago, ATOMIC PUNK said:

Wow that’s so cool. Love hearing these stories from those that lived it. Chevy small blocks were so sweet to mod 

I did just read about a son that his parents have a 1966 ChevyII  L-79  M-22  They’ve had it since new and he just recently acquired it. That’s a real special Car

One of our customers has a 69 Dart/340/4spd he"s had since new. It's funny I knew him from back in the day and we always talk about those days and all the guys we knew. I have offered him some good money and still waiting lol

My friends dad gave him his old impala (69 maybe) with a blown motor when we were 15. Spend a whole year rebuilding that car, bodywork, interior.  All my buds had muscle cars. I had a 70 GTO later on. Good times. The old firebirds and mopars were my faves.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

• Platinum Contributing Member
4 minutes ago, Edmo said:

My friends dad gave him his old impala (69 maybe) with a blown motor when we were 15. Spend a whole year rebuilding that car, bodywork, interior.  All my buds had muscle cars. I had a 70 GTO later on. Good times. The old firebirds and mopars were my faves.

I always wanted something like that in HS....closest I came was my 72 Buick Electra 225 with a 455 under the hood. :lol:

5 hours ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

I always wanted something like that in HS....closest I came was my 72 Buick Electra 225 with a 455 under the hood. :lol:

Ha. One of my friends had one. Fuckin behemoth. I had a 1971 Nova SS senior year 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Those early Buick 455 's and Olds 455's are a very sought after engine today. It took a lot to move those old G.M 4 dr. gun boats.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, ATOMIC PUNK said:

Probably rented the track for the day. I could rent Lebanon valley for a few hrs  if I wanted to. 

They run test and tune weekly tho and it’s $25 to run. Damn cheap fun 

Yep

17 hours ago, ATOMIC PUNK said:

Lots of very exotic high hp high end cars available today, but nothing compares to the era of 1955- 1970. It was a epic time that will never be duplicated. Unfortunately I was born right in the thick of it but did grow up around it. I really cherish those years now in life.

Sometimes I wish I was born in 1950. Would have been 16 right in perfect time. But then again, i could have ended up in Vietnam and dead also. 

15 hours ago, ATOMIC PUNK said:

Lol I wish I had a couple 

Hindsite is 20/20, but wow there were lots of these cars sitting in fields barns houses garages ect. Lots were for sale because of the gas crisis. 1974-1978 was the time to scoop these up. I’d be a multimillionaire by now if I had a few of these gems. I read that some people couldn’t give away these cars because they were out of date.

My dad (worked at Chrysler from '63-'02) always says that about Cudas, Challengers, Roadrunner, etc. 

still some wicked factory cars out there that haven’t been discovered yet 

Yes there is.

Wife's uncle and his buddy found a '66 GT350 in a garage down in the hood in Detroit back in the late '90s early '00s .  Tracked down the owner and bought it from him.  It was parked there in the mid '70s.  Needed lots of work, but it was all there and all original. They took 1000s of pictures of it during the disassembly. All the factory markings were put back in the correct locations during the reassembly. It won  top honors at the first show they took it to and they also received several offers on it there as well.   One of which they accepted.

15 hours ago, smokin george said:

Last I knew a buddy still had a mint 70 Cuda he bought new. Don't know if he's still alive or what happened to the car. 

Hopefully both. 

15 hours ago, smokin george said:

One of our customers has a 69 Dart/340/4spd he"s had since new. It's funny I knew him from back in the day and we always talk about those days and all the guys we knew. I have offered him some good money and still waiting lol

One of my mom's twin brothers bought a brand new 1969 Dart Swinger 340 4spd 3.91 8 3/4 axle.  Had some go fast parts on it and it was pretty well known out on Woodward. He lost a piston in two cylinders on 2 different occasions and they sleeved them both. He got drafted into the Army shortly after. His twin brother took over payments and racing it when he was gone. After blowing it up a 3rd time, Dodge denied the warranty on it.  My uncle didn't have the $ to pay for a new short block so he sold the car to a buddy of his who was a mechanic at the Dodge dealer.  He put a complete brand new engine in it, but it wasn't a 340. He got a complete brand new 426 Hemi for it and all the parts needed to install it in a Dart.  Nor sure if he still has the car or not or if it still even around. :dunno:

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, ATOMIC PUNK said:

Check this Camaro. Extremely rare and the guy left it as found. The hot thing to do these days is leave it alone. Unless it’s rotted so bad it turns to dust. 

That's a tough call on that one.   Something like that, I'd rather see them do a full rotisserie nut and bolt restoration on and get it back to the way it was back in the day. 

Been having a rough couple of days with my allergies. Didn't do shit today but sit in bed and slept and watched barn find videos.  Unreal how some of these cars get put away and not touched for a lot of years.  

• Thanks 1

Car people tend to be kind of weird. I used to store some cars and boats, and the boat people were regular,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,the car people were a bit odd. Something about older cars attracts odd people. They were NOT bad people, just kind of odd. 

Fuck these old junks. Just put a 572 ( 630 HP ) crate bastard in your car, and blow the doors off those so-called muscle cars. 

Or just buy a Dodge Demon and crush everything. 

metal dash boards. .Hardly  any seat belts.. no power steering..  loud as hell...

Fuck you guys with your new shit. The new Camaro is the fugliest retro out of the bunch. Its beyond quiet too.

Chevrolet fucked up and should have left well enough alone. They are nothing but a bunch of green libs running that company now.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

On 9/2/2018 at 9:35 AM, ATOMIC PUNK said:

Probably rented the track for the day. I could rent Lebanon valley for a few hrs  if I wanted to. 

They run test and tune weekly tho and it’s $25 to run. Damn cheap fun 

Could be but a lot of the regular drag racing videos I see posted on the Tracebook have pretty bare grandstands.  Big weekend is a little different if the NHRA is in town, but still.