Check your account email address ×

U.S. Steel Corp. , Will Restart plant in Granite City, ILL. Re-hire + - 500 employees

Just now, f7ben said:

Like every other good but of news SLinger says this is because of Obama and had been planned for years :lol: what a fucking moron 

I was wrong. they made this big decision just a few days ago, and will take it all back if the tariffs don't go thru. :lol:

Just now, Snoslinger said:

I was wrong. they made this big decision just a few days ago, and will take it all back if the tariffs don't go thru. :lol:

they made this decision because of the administration having their back and the steel market looking to hold for some time now due to it 

Just now, f7ben said:

they made this decision because of the administration having their back and the steel market looking to hold for some time now due to it 

maybe, but I'm thinking because the economy in general continues to grow.

I guess this is all trump's doing too, a month after getting in?

The plant's hot-strip mill was idled in January 2016 "in response to challenging market conditions" but restarted in February 2017 after it was adjusted to meet customer needs, the company said.

1 minute ago, Snoslinger said:

maybe, but I'm thinking because the economy in general continues to grow.

absolutely things look decent for maybe another year.....but they have been really good for the last 20 months or so. Dont kid yourself.....these tariffs could be a game changer and the sentiment swinging in our favor is a big deal. This US Steel announcement isnt all that big of a deal .....in reality these two blast furnaces they are restarting are dirty ,old, inefficient dinosaurs that should be shuttered permanently. I would much rather have seen US Steel come out and say they were going to invest 500 million in a new EAF mini-mill that would be able to compete into the 21st century 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, f7ben said:

absolutely things look decent for maybe another year.....but they have been really good for the last 20 months or so. Dont kid yourself.....these tariffs could be a game changer and the sentiment swinging in our favor is a big deal. This US Steel announcement isnt all that big of a deal .....in reality these two blast furnaces they are restarting are dirty ,old, inefficient dinosaurs that should be shuttered permanently. I would much rather have seen US Steel come out and say they were going to invest 500 million in a new EAF mini-mill that would be able to compete into the 21st century 

well regardless of the "whys" it's good some people are getting their jobs back. :bc:

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Snoslinger said:

well regardless of the "whys" it's good some people are getting their jobs back. :bc:

I'd cut a finger off with a butter knife to read that news about my plant in MN ......I dont want to quit my job to move home 

• Gold Member
1 hour ago, f7ben said:

I'd cut a finger off with a butter knife to read that news about my plant in MN ......I dont want to quit my job to move home 

Would you pull the lever for trump in 20 if he gets your job back for ya???

6 minutes ago, BOHICA said:

Would you pull the lever for trump in 20 if he gets your job back for ya???

I dont think so......I could never pull the lever for someone who assaulted my 4th amendment rights the way he did.....especially while he was crying about his own rights being violated the way he did. That is an unforgivable offense in my book. 

But that doesnt mean that I wont offer praise if he gets this right 

2 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

They’ll get their wages paid for twice by American consumers. What a sweet deal for them. 

VS no wages at all?  Yeah, I am sure those guys would rather be unemployed having the taxpayers paying for them NOT to work.

Out of the studying that you have done about the human psyche, which do you suppose is better for those people?  Being on unemployment, or working a full time job?

Edited by racer254

• Platinum Contributing Member
23 minutes ago, racer254 said:

VS no wages at all?  Yeah, I am sure those guys would rather be unemployed having the taxpayers paying for them NOT to work.

Out of the studying that you have done about the human psyche, which do you suppose is better for those people?  Being on unemployment, or working a full time job?

Where does your 35K/year and obvious brain dead stupidity fit into the human pshyche....:snack:

30 minutes ago, racer254 said:

It’s good for these 500 steel workers that get their jobs back, bad for the tens of thousands that lose theirs due to the tariffs.

23 minutes ago, ICEMAN! said:

It’s good for these 500 steel workers that get their jobs back, bad for the tens of thousands that lose theirs due to the tariffs.

These tariffs will be a net gain on jobs.....dont buy into the globalist fear mongering

30 minutes ago, SnowRider said:

Where does your 35K/year and obvious brain dead stupidity fit into the human pshyche....:snack:

Heres a fun fact......every single one of the people going back to granite city will make more money than you peddling lighting.....and without plants like these you have no where to peddle lighting too......so shut the fuck up faggot 

27 minutes ago, ICEMAN! said:

Yup those hypothetical job losses are skyrocketing 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, f7ben said:

These tariffs will be a net gain on jobs.....dont buy into the globalist fear mongering

Too late.  He's got stock in fear.

4 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Heres a fun fact......every single one of the people going back to granite city will make more money than you peddling lighting.....and without plants like these you have no where to peddle lighting too......so shut the fuck up faggot 

Ewww...that WAS a fun fact!  :lol: 

1 minute ago, Rod Johnson said:

Yup those hypothetical job losses are skyrocketing 

Poor stupid sheep ......hypothetical job losses.....that about sums it up

Everytime the globalists get shot down they and their lapdog media ratchet up the fear mongering and doomsday scenarios and they never come true

You'd think fucking braindead morons like Icewoman would learn