Check your account email address ×

Dow 26,000:

35 minutes ago, 1jkw said:

I hope the market stabilizes soon, likely it won't though.  A major factor keeping the market up now is stock buybacks, expected to top 1 trillion dollars in 2018.

It’s gonna be big ups and big downs as long as the guy with the stink on him is still in office

40 minutes ago, 1jkw said:

I hope the market stabilizes soon, likely it won't though.  A major factor keeping the market up now is stock buybacks, expected to top 1 trillion dollars in 2018.

Thats why i want it to crap out some more. So i can buy cheaper! 

1 hour ago, DriftBusta said:

Why wouldnt there be?  It went up around 8000 points in a year and economy caught fire.  Not sure what Trumpers or hypocrisy have to do with any of that.

returns are based on percentages not points.  Obamas percentage returns were better than Trumps and as the 2018 gains are lost it becomes even more apparent.  So Trumpers bitching that MC uses points when you and other use points to crow about Trump success is hypocritical

3 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

returns are based on percentages not points.  Obamas percentage returns were better than Trumps and as the 2018 gains are lost it becomes even more apparent.  So Trumpers bitching that MC uses points when you and other use points to crow about Trump success is hypocritical

I guess I missed where “Trumpers” were all bitching about Mainecat using points vs returns.  I certainly wasn’t, I rarely pay attention to his endless TDS threads.  Seems like a pretty silly argument.  The Djia rose in Trumps first year-approx 18,000 to 26000+, over 44%, or 8000 points however you want to look at it.  It went from approx 8000 in Obama’s first year to approximately 10,000 a year later, an increase of 25%, or 2000 points.   Trump wins.  This was still well off a previous pre recession high of 14,000 when Bush was still in office.  Sure, it more than doubled in 8 years, but more than half of it was just getting back to a previous high, and it took 8 years to do it.  Trumps not even 2 years in.

1 hour ago, 1jkw said:

Recovered nice eod there.

Only down about .7% today overall

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

I guess I missed where “Trumpers” were all bitching about Mainecat using points vs returns.  I certainly wasn’t, I rarely pay attention to his endless TDS threads.  Seems like a pretty silly argument.  The Djia rose in Trumps first year-approx 18,000 to 26000+, over 44%, or 8000 points however you want to look at it.  It went from approx 8000 in Obama’s first year to approximately 10,000 a year later, an increase of 25%, or 2000 points.   Trump wins.  This was still well off a previous pre recession high of 14,000 when Bush was still in office.  Sure, it more than doubled in 8 years, but more than half of it was just getting back to a previous high, and it took 8 years to do it.  Trumps not even 2 years in.

The DOW was something  like 19,800 when Obama left office.   There is no doubt that cutting taxes and increasing deficit spending will stimulate the economy and the markets. But at what costs?  2017 was a record for emerging markets and the world market picked up greatly also.

48 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

I never complained about the markets when Obama was POTUS, and sure as hell would not bail based on who is the current president.  Not so sure others here can say the same.

Plus most of Obama's gains were a gift horse in the mouth, it would not have mattered who was the current breathing president at the time he took things over, it was going up regardless.

39 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

No, retail investors would be jumping ship all the same.

The electronic trades are triggered by key words and other information that instantly trade without human thought, they also buy to drive up costs for other private buyers.

10 minutes ago, 1jkw said:

The electronic trades are triggered by key words and other information that instantly trade without human thought, they also buy to drive up costs for other private buyers.

So trades are authorized by key words now.  Good grief.

1 minute ago, Angry ginger said:

dow closed at 7949 obamas first day in office,  closed at 19,804 his last.  trump would need to push the dow to just shy of 50k over the next 6 years to match that.  

Boom!

Dow on 12/6/2010 closed at 11,382 a 43% return to that point-   at todays close of 29947 a 31% return at the same point.  Should the financial guy not be spouting true numbers not be like his hero trump in making boasts that can easily be disproven.  

Just now, Angry ginger said:

Dow on 12/6/2010 closed at 11,382 a 43% return to that point-   at todays close of 29947 a 31% return at the same point.  Should the financial guy not be spouting true numbers not be like his hero trump in making boasts that can easily be disproven.  

To be fair the market exploded after Trump was elected....

1 minute ago, f7ben said:

To be fair the market exploded after Trump was elected....

to be fair his trade wars tempered that initial enthusiasm.  As i have said for a long time now if he wins this was he should be re-elected but it's a dangerous game he's playing with americas future

Just now, Angry ginger said:

to be fair his trade wars tempered that initial enthusiasm.  As i have said for a long time now if he wins this was he should be re-elected but it's a dangerous game he's playing with americas future

Our future wasnt worth a shit unless this war was waged and won