Check your account email address ×

Got to love progressive liberal cities.

• Platinum Contributing Member

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/11/27/columbia-sportswear-may-close-downtown-portland-office-over-threats-public-defecation-by-homeless-people.html

Columbia Sportswear may close Portland office over death threats, public defecation by homeless people

"Given these experiences, it is a relief when the only thing we are dealing with is the garbage and human waste by our front door. Think about that for a minute."  

- Columbia Sportswear CEO Tim Boyle

It's kind of sad but can be found in more places than one may think. I can recall many years ago when my employer bought the dive hotel next door to the corporate office. The reason was so they could tear it down and turn it into a parking lot. They didn't need the space or the parking. The employees simply got tired of having to step over the passed out drunks and homeless people camped out on the front steps overnight. They also kept getting accosted by them looking for handouts and being cursed / spit on when they didn't give them cash.

Dude this is every coastal town. And all over the southwest. The homeless populations are always higher in less severe climates. 

I'm not against the poor or the homeless but alot of these fuckers are batshit crazy. I say we deport them to Canada, way the fuck up there...

• Haha 1

Just now, Arctic Cat Destroyer said:

Dude this is every coastal town. And all over the southwest. The homeless populations are always higher in less severe climates. 

I'm not against the poor or the homeless but alot of these fuckers are batshit crazy. I say we deport them to Canada, way the fuck up there...

Sadly a very large % of the homeless have mental health issues not to mention addiction issues.  

Just now, Highmark said:

Sadly a very large % of the homeless have mental health issues not to mention addiction issues.  

For sure. It's a problem and what do you do about it? I don't think rehab is enough for some. Like I said, batshit crazy. You can't fix that. 

7 minutes ago, Arctic Cat Destroyer said:

For sure. It's a problem and what do you do about it? I don't think rehab is enough for some. Like I said, batshit crazy. You can't fix that. 

Yes I agree as well.  

Mental health seems to somewhat grow with the more its talked about.   I think many people use to just deal with it.   Now its disabling to people to more of an extent than it was before.   I'll probably get absolutely crucified for this but I think PTSD falls into that same category and I'm not just talking about people in the military.  I'm not saying it shouldn't be treated in any way shape or form.     

Edited by Highmark

25 minutes ago, Arctic Cat Destroyer said:

we have enough of them already...too many actually and it isn't a warm climate here except in summer

17 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Yes I agree as well.  

Mental health seems to somewhat grow with the more its talked about.   I think many people use to just deal with it.   Now its disabling to people to more of an extent than it was before.   I'll probably get absolutely crucified for this but I think PTSD falls into that same category and I'm not just talking about people in the military.  I'm not saying it shouldn't be treated in any way shape or form.     

Definitely PTSD is getting a lot of traction and attention. Not sure how people dealt with it before when it was unheard of. It seems a lot just kept it inside. Most veterans from WW1 and 2 simply chose not to talk about the horrors they faced. My grandfather rarely did but when he did talk about being in the trenches knee deep in the muck, feces and urine that were full of monstrous rats, shortages of food, always being cold and seeing your buddy get his head blown off it painted an unimaginable horrid picture. They at times resorted to killing the horses they relied on to move people and gear for food.

5 minutes ago, 02sled said:

we have enough of them already...too many actually and it isn't a warm climate here except in summer

Plenty in Chicago too but nothing like I've seen in places like Seattle, San Francisco, Phoenix, austin, Miami, etc...

56 minutes ago, Highmark said:

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/11/27/columbia-sportswear-may-close-downtown-portland-office-over-threats-public-defecation-by-homeless-people.html

Columbia Sportswear may close Portland office over death threats, public defecation by homeless people

"Given these experiences, it is a relief when the only thing we are dealing with is the garbage and human waste by our front door. Think about that for a minute."  

- Columbia Sportswear CEO Tim Boyle

Reagan defunded the state run mental hospitals, so where do you expect the insane and mentally deficient to live and shit?

This song is our society in a nutshell.

1 hour ago, Highmark said:

Yes I agree as well.  

I’d be willing to bet a large portion of ptsd cases aren’t ptsd at all. It’s a crutch used by far too many. It’s real, but it is taken advantage of for piss poor behavior by some.

23 minutes ago, motonoggin said:

If their labor cannot be exploited and it's value stolen by some capitalist, they aren't worth keeping around...

So, what you are saying is, if they aren't going to contribute to society, they should get off the grid.  Got it.

14 minutes ago, xtralettucetomatoe580 said:

I’d be willing to bet a large portion of ptsd cases aren’t ptsd at all. It’s a crutch used by far too many. It’s real, but it is taken advantage of for piss poor behavior by some.

Yep.  Not all vets are heros and/or winners.  That stressful REMF life can really create havock in ones mind!!!!  Ask AFJ...he's showing them how it should!  Enable one victim at a time..that's his motto.  

33 minutes ago, motonoggin said:

If their labor cannot be exploited and it's value stolen by some capitalist, they aren't worth keeping around...

It's not like they are unborn babies. Fucking push them in a hole, nobody is going to miss them... 

So cal is in the middle of a hepatitis outbreak, from homeless poppin a duece everywhere.  Now it's ok to piss in the streets of ny. Because ya know , racism. 

9 minutes ago, Shifty said:

So cal is in the middle of a hepatitis outbreak, from homeless poppin a duece everywhere.  Now it's ok to piss in the streets of ny. Because ya know , racism. 

That's how HUD was born. Inner city businesses wanted the undesirables off of the street and away from them and their businesses. Give them a shithole apartment to live in 10 miles away and give them a couple bucks to keep them from coming back to beg. 

7 minutes ago, motonoggin said:

A society is judged by how it treats the least amongst them, not by how rich their elite are.

"Judged".  By whom?

4 minutes ago, bussman said:

One of the things Jesus was adamantly about. 

Ahh....nevermind then.

Just now, motonoggin said:

If you think we can treat the poor like shit forever with no consequence then you haven't studied any history.

Who is treating them like shit?  We've got the richest "poor people" in the world.  "Consequences".  Ughhh.....

There is no where near enough "poor" for any type of uprising.  A certain percentage will always "get the ditch".  That's how it all works.

I know, I know....that's why I am getting "the wall".  :lmao:

1 minute ago, Zambroski said:

Who is treating them like shit?  We've got the richest "poor people" in the world.  "Consequences".  Ughhh.....

There is no where near enough "poor" for any type of uprising.  A certain percentage will always "get the ditch".  That's how it all works.

I know, I know....that's why I am getting "the wall".  :lmao:

Well some here are saying to put them in a hole so there’s that....

5 minutes ago, bussman said:

That's right, let's be honest with ourselves. Jesus knows when we are lying so let's not. 

5 minutes ago, bussman said:

I guess it depends on the "hole".  The US has tremendous homeless "holes".  Three "hots and cot" and free to come and go as you please after BM's.