Check your account email address ×

This mother fucker!

Anler

1 minute ago, Sal Rosenberg said:

Look at that old Poo pull away from 11.5 mpg , superwizbang skeedoo thingy .    I'd be shithouse if I was that poor hump

They probably are. :lol: that assault is the shit, it's the best of everything. 

2 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

if woolie can get a season out of those POS shocks on the SBA i might have to  buy one for next year.  Perm tells me they won't last that long and travis has a line of WE's to rebuild every weekend

No excuse for putting crappy shocks on these sleds with as much as they are charging for them...

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Arctic Cat Destroyer said:

No excuse for putting crappy shocks on these sleds with as much as they are charging for them...

the pro 40's have been good.  Garys blown through 2 sets of rear WE's in the SBA and i do know they have to rebuild a fair # at our dealer.  

4 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

if woolie can get a season out of those POS shocks on the SBA i might have to  buy one for next year.  Perm tells me they won't last that long and travis has a line of WE's to rebuild every weekend

2000 miles is about tops for a WE shock before it needs to be serviced.  If you have to run with the clickers cranked up more than position 10 then they need to be revalved.  If you run them hard clicked above 12 then they won't last but 500 miles or so.  Valved correctly they last 2000 miles no problem.

1 minute ago, Arctic Cat Destroyer said:

The Walker Evans shocks are inexpensive but not crappy.  Once they are set up properly they are good shocks for most people.  The Remote Rezy, compression adjustable, clicker shocks are about $225 each my cost.  For the money they are the best shock available. 

Just now, Angry ginger said:

the pro 40's have been good.  Garys blown through 2 sets of rear WE's in the SBA and i do know they have to rebuild a fair # at our dealer.  

I was following him one afternoon and I swore the whole skid was going to fly out from under that sled  :lol:  

1 minute ago, Angry ginger said:

The problem with Garys rear shocks was the design of the SBA skid.  You really have to stack the compression dampening on those two skid shocks to get them to last.  I think Garys SBA has almost 6000 miles on it.  

Just now, AKIQPilot said:

The problem with Garys rear shocks was the design of the SBA skid.  You really have to stack the compression dampening on those two skid shocks to get them to last.  I think Garys SBA has almost 6000 miles on it.  

He runs it too , he doesn't go around or try to avoid anything .   :bc:

Just now, Sal Rosenberg said:

He runs it too , he doesn't go around or try to avoid anything .   :bc:

And he ran the first two sets of WE shocks with completely stock valving.  Once Ian got his hands on them I think they were much better.  

The skid shocks of the '16 and older SBA's were some of the most abused shocks on any sled on the planet.  The skid was difficult to build shocks for.  

1 hour ago, Angry ginger said:

Well geeze, if you and Perm give the POS shocks  an endorsement, my life will be complete. :lol: 

1 hour ago, AKIQPilot said:

2000 miles is about tops for a WE shock before it needs to be serviced.  If you have to run with the clickers cranked up more than position 10 then they need to be revalved.  If you run them hard clicked above 12 then they won't last but 500 miles or so.  Valved correctly they last 2000 miles no problem.

The Walker Evans shocks are inexpensive but not crappy.  Once they are set up properly they are good shocks for most people.  The Remote Rezy, compression adjustable, clicker shocks are about $225 each my cost.  For the money they are the best shock available. 

Half dozen of the reviews I'm reading that the best setting is 2 off full soft on all 4 shocks.   I had it in the middle, and it felt sno-x stiff.  Tried the 2 off full soft, and it feels pretty good.  We'll see.

• Platinum Contributing Member

If the guy on the doo was smart he would have retracted his carbides all the way for more top end.....

:lmao: