Check your account email address ×

Thumbs up for Stud Boy

f7ben

Lost half the carbide out of my 7.5 shaper bar on one of the first rides of the year last year. Must have hit a rock or something. Obviously this cause the carbide to wear out completely over the course of the year. Last ride of the year was 240 miles and snow was failing bad by the end of the day. That carbide was gone and it cost me a ski ....ski wasnt totally shot but I replaced it anyways.

Either way the one shaper still looked great and I really just needed one. I called up Stud Boy and explained to them that I had one carbide in perfect shape and really just needed one. They called me back and offered to just sell me a set for their dealer cost which was very nice of them. I would have paid retail for one and ordered another set when these were done.

Either way they were very nice and I thought I would mention it.

1 minute ago, Woodtick said:

I have a set of those shity fucking things I will sell you cheep. I think a boat anchor mounted to the ski would snag less shit.

They work well for me? Are you sure you arent referring to snowtrackers :lol: 

3 hours ago, f7ben said:

Lost half the carbide out of my 7.5 shaper bar on one of the first rides of the year last year. Must have hit a rock or something. Obviously this cause the carbide to wear out completely over the course of the year. Last ride of the year was 240 miles and snow was failing bad by the end of the day. That carbide was gone and it cost me a ski ....ski wasnt totally shot but I replaced it anyways.

Either way the one shaper still looked great and I really just needed one. I called up Stud Boy and explained to them that I had one carbide in perfect shape and really just needed one. They called me back and offered to just sell me a set for their dealer cost which was very nice of them. I would have paid retail for one and ordered another set when these were done.

I just finished mounting a new Pilot 5.7 that AMG sent me because of the same thing , tore the whole carbide right off the ski  :bc:

Just now, Sal Rosenberg said:

I just finished mounting a new Pilot 5.7 that AMG sent me because of the same thing , tore the whole carbide right off the ski  :bc:

cause you hit a rock? I rode a couple miles of trail that was thin early in the year. It was all ballast rock. I am sure thats where I lost it. Cant really blame the carbide 

I like the shaper bars, they work well, but Ive lost carbide pieces out of them a few times.

I just buy cheap shit now, I usually only get a few hundred miles around here on trails anymore.

Mtn sleds I buy the cheapest shit and grind the carbide dull so the fucking sled doesnt get stuck on bare pavement or the damn trailer floor.

3 minutes ago, Legend said:

I like the shaper bars, they work well, but Ive lost carbide pieces out of them a few times.

I just buy cheap shit now, I usually only get a few hundred miles around here on trails anymore.

Mtn sleds I buy the cheapest shit and grind the carbide dull so the fucking sled doesnt get stuck on bare pavement or the damn trailer floor.

The poo skis are not very aggressive but with them shimmed properly , a set of ski savers and some 7.5 shapers they worked really well on the trail. So well that I am not changing the setup at all 

The last 2 pairs of those I had lost carbide segments . They just fell out or got knocked out. Funny I don't have that problem with Woody's or bergstroms. They work fine when they're not falling apart. They got beat up bad on the Good, the Bad and the ugly tour in Quebec a couple years ago. They looked like a meth whore by the end of the trip. Put me in the cabbage a couple times. Faggot carbides. Dealer cost, what a jew outfit. 

Just now, Arctic Cat Destroyer said:

The last 2 pairs of those I had lost carbide segments . They just fell out or got knocked out. Funny I don't have that problem with Woody's or bergstroms. They work fine when they're not falling apart. They got beat up bad on the Good, the Bad and the ugly tour in Quebec a couple years ago. They looked like a meth whore by the end of the trip. Put me in the cabbage a couple times. Faggot carbides. Dealer cost, what a jew outfit. 

If it happens again I will be done with them.

4 hours ago, f7ben said:

i broke a carbide last ride and destroyed my ski.  I had an extra carbide kicking around never really thought of calling to see about one.  

7 minutes ago, f7ben said:

The poo skis are not very aggressive but with them shimmed properly , a set of ski savers and some 7.5 shapers they worked really well on the trail. So well that I am not changing the setup at all 

I use slydog skis.

Just now, Angry ginger said:

i broke a carbide last ride and destroyed my ski.  I had an extra carbide kicking around never really thought of calling to see about one.  

they sold me the set for about what I was expecting to pay for a single.....was pleasantly surprised 

Just now, f7ben said:

I like slydogs just fine. To be honest pilots with both carbides in are about the perfect trail ski for me 

Yeah, there ok IMO. Not they best ever, but certainly not shit.

I do like the pilot skis. But never had them on a poo trail sled. Just XP's which I actually really liked the front end of those sleds.

21 minutes ago, Legend said:

Yeah, there ok IMO. Not they best ever, but certainly not shit.

I do like the pilot skis. But never had them on a poo trail sled. Just XP's which I actually really liked the front end of those sleds.

I was gonna try the pilots on this poo if the ski setup I am running now didnt work but its very good so no need to change

22 minutes ago, Sal Rosenberg said:

Thats what I ran for the last 4 seasons or so , great trail ski

yup....great trail setup. Just move the 4" to the outside and put some 6" in the center and you are set

2 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

I have been using shapers since they came out. Best bars out there.

Bergstroms are better, but its like ordering Chinese from a restaurant with a 3 week waiting list.  Shapers excellent though. :bc: 

29 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

Bergstroms are better, but its like ordering Chinese from a restaurant with a 3 week waiting list.  Shapers excellent though. :bc: 

i can buy 3 sets of shapers for the cost of a set of triple points though. i dont see it

7 hours ago, f7ben said:

i can buy 3 sets of shapers for the cost of a set of triple points though. i dont see it

X2. I got 8k miles out of my first set of shaper bars and there was still decent carbide left, this set I've got 3500 and still log of meat left. :bc:

9 hours ago, f7ben said:

I haven't priced any Bergies lately.  I just remember having over 5k miles on my SRX with them, and they weren't even half worn.  

2 hours ago, DriftBusta said:

I haven't priced any Bergies lately.  I just remember having over 5k miles on my SRX with them, and they weren't even half worn.  

205$ for 6" i think