Check your account email address ×

any one get ther sleds out yet?

1 minute ago, Arctic Cat Destroyer said:

It's not hard to explain. Back when we rode bikes we all bought the biggest fastest ones and then did shit to make them faster. Nobody ever says "I wish I would have gotten the slower less powerful model" I don't get a turbo because I know I'll get addicted to the power and probably end up killing myself. It's like heroin, you won't like it if you don't try it. :lol:

The z1ton is nice for power....and thats it. 

• Platinum Contributing Member
Just now, BEANPOLE DAVE said:

The z1ton is nice for power....and thats it. 

It was surprisingly a decent trail sled.   For weighting in line with a Abram's tank it steers surprisingly light. 

1 minute ago, Highmark said:

Yep.   The 800's are a blast but honestly the pull from them seems......slow.   The turbo's however need a high level of respect.   Corners come up DAMN FAST on them if you are not careful.  That said you can kill yourself on a 440 fan if you drive like an idiot.   

Sure but you're not going to do 120mph on a 440. 

Just now, Highmark said:

Sweet.   I've always heard good things about Excell.  

Aaron is a good guy, with a passion for snowmobiling, does a lot for the local clubs always willing to help with equipment, parts, and repairs..We have been friends for about 10 years, when I got my first sled ever, 07 phazer, wanted it faster, so googling "performance parts for Phazers"  I found him just before he got the dealership.  We have been buds ever since plus we do some business together, he buys equipment and parts from me..

It was surprisingly a decent trail sled.   For weighting in line with a Abram's tank it steers surprisingly light. 

Sure it is...but it still feels like a tank even compared to my 4tec. :bc:

Just now, Arctic Cat Destroyer said:

Sure but you're not going to do 120mph on a 440. 

I've done the bumper to bumper, swapping paint going balls to the wall trail riding.   Simply don't ride that way up north anymore.   I got too much respect for others on the trails to ride so fast I can't stay in my lane.   I like the power for when it can be properly used.  

Just now, Rigid1 said:

Aaron is a good guy, with a passion for snowmobiling, does a lot for the local clubs always willing to help with equipment, parts, and repairs..We have been friends for about 10 years, when I got my first sled ever, 07 phazer, wanted it faster, so googling "performance parts for Phazers"  I found him just before he got the dealership.  We have been buds ever since plus we do some business together, he buys equipment and parts from me..

Look forward to hearing what you find out.   I want to make a decision in the next week.   Early December might be looking good for the UP.  

I've done the bumper to bumper, swapping paint going balls to the wall trail riding.   Simply don't ride that way up north anymore.   I got too much respect for others on the trails to ride so fast I can't stay in my lane.   I like the power for when it can be properly used.  

Look forward to hearing what you find out.   I want to make a decision in the next week.   Early December might be looking good for the UP.  

Ever hit an ice heave doing 100mph? There's always potential for disaster. 

3 minutes ago, BEANPOLE DAVE said:

Sure it is...but it still feels like a tank even compared to my 4tec. :bc:

Agreed.   My wife rides a GSX 4 stroke and its a fine trail machine.  Honestly as far as being tired at the end of the day steering effort makes a much bigger difference than actual weight or "feel" of the sled....at least on trails.  

2 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Agreed.   My wife rides a GSX 4 stroke and its a fine trail machine.  Honestly as far as being tired at the end of the day steering effort makes a much bigger difference than actual weight or "feel" of the sled....at least on trails.  

It(Z1t) definitely has the thrill factor...no denying that. :bc:

1 minute ago, Arctic Cat Destroyer said:

Yes there is always the potential for danger and a person can get killed very easily on any sled they hit an ice heave on.

46 minutes ago, Arctic Cat Destroyer said:

It's not hard to explain. Back when we rode bikes we all bought the biggest fastest ones and then did shit to make them faster. Nobody ever says "I wish I would have gotten the slower less powerful model" I don't get a turbo because I know I'll get addicted to the power and probably end up killing myself. It's like heroin, you won't like it if you don't try it. :lol:

not always true .o have had a lot of  real fast bikes over the years . but i lpve my little under 300lb 390ktm duke. thing is so fun in the corners . I love getting on a crazy fast bike but the little duke is a blast.

1 minute ago, 04nightfire said:

southern Ontario?

Anywhere south of huntsville really...but wifes been looking mostly south of 401 near lake erie. Dont need anything big...but would like an acre or so of property.

Just now, BEANPOLE DAVE said:

Anywhere south of huntsville really...but wifes been looking mostly south of 401 near lake erie. Dont need anything big...but would like an acre or so of property.

With your coin I would think something on Lake Joe would be up your alley

3 minutes ago, 04nightfire said:

There are deals to be had out there in the Muskoka area.  Just have to jump on it as soon as it comes up

If I was going to live on a lake it would be up near Novar area on Mirage or foot lake or somewhere around there

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Highmark said:

Just picked the new stallion up.

20171104_122939_resized.jpg

Its really unfortunate they cant give you an adequate amount of bogie wheels with all of the money you spend on it. Fucking 200+hp sled with 2 rear wheels. :lol: 

7 minutes ago, Arctic Cat Destroyer said:

Its really unfortunate they cant give you an adequate amount of bogie wheels with all of the money you spend on it. Fucking 200+hp sled with 2 rear wheels. :lol: 

"adequate amount".  Well, that was a weird thing to say.  How many rear bogey's do you need?  Do you carry spares just in case?  :lol:

This is why people make fun of people that ride doo.

11 minutes ago, Arctic Cat Destroyer said:

Better yet their 4th wheel kit in their accessory catalog is listed as a Must Have.  :lol:  

2000000001.PNG

2017-Ski-Doo-Summit-X-154-Profile.jpg

Edited by Highmark

4 hours ago, Highmark said:

Just picked the new stallion up.

20171104_122939_resized.jpg

Nice sled, put some miles on one least season.

3 hours ago, Arctic Cat Destroyer said:

Yes, and I will tell you that the 2 stroke 900 flew 130' and landed, the 4 stroke went caddywhompus immediately after impact and beat the hell out of the driver.

44 minutes ago, Arctic Cat Destroyer said:

The wheel kit is a 5 minute job.

Dude must I remind you that you own a sled that you had to wrestle fuck a bracing kit into so the front bulkhead doesn't fold up like one of f7bens empty Coors Light cans when you hit a bump :lol: 

• Haha 1