Check your account email address ×

Rand Paul Attacked on his Property

11 minutes ago, Sal Rosenberg said:

The more I read about this whole thing , the more that I like the guy :lol: 

:lol: 

Just now, Jimmy Snacks said:

With a faggot name like Rene Boucher he deserves to have his wife banged! 

Well someone needs to do it....Rene was always out walking his toy poodle and smoking cigarello's while discussing the latest french fashion !!!!!!!!!11111

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, DriftBusta said:

I watched a couple interviews with the neighbors and they all liked Rand, said he was a great neighbor :dunno: 

I was going by the remarks made by the subdivision developer, I by choice do not live in a subdivision as I'm not into rules as to what I can do on my property and it sounds like Paul feels the same way; so why live where you don't like the rules? :dunno:  In any event his former colleague is in some serious trouble.

Rand Paul and his neighbor have a history of conflict, says community developer

LOUISVILLE — The history between U.S. Sen. Rand Paul and his neighbor, who is accused of attacking him, is filled with years of angst and petty arguments over misplaced lawn trimmings and branches, the neighborhood's developer said. 

"I think this is something that has been festering," said Jim Skaggs, the developer of the Rivergreen gated community in Bowling Green, where the two men live. "I wanted to build a place where everyone could get along, but I guess that's just impossible."

Paul suffered five broken ribs and lacerations on his lungs after his neighbor, 59-year-old retired doctor Rene Boucher, allegedly tackled the politician last week, according to an arrest warrant obtained by the Courier Journal. 

Kentucky State Police charged Boucher with fourth-degree assault, which is usually reserved for incidents that result in minor injuries. If federal charges are added, Boucher could potentially face 10 years in prison for physically attacking a politician.

An FBI spokesman said Tuesday there was no update in the investigation or on whether additional charges would be filed. 

The two men have been neighbors for more than 17 years, said Boucher's lawyer, Matt Baker, in a statement Monday. 

While there's no official word on what caused the fight, Skaggs suggested it might have stemmed from Paul allegedly blowing lawn trimmings into his neighbor's yard. 

There have been disagreements in the past, Skaggs said, over lawn clippings or who should cut down a tree branch when it stretched over a property line. The two men live on different streets but their lots join and their homes are 269 feet apart, according to Google Maps.

Skaggs described Boucher as a "near-perfect" neighbor, but he said the libertarian politician is a different story.

Paul "was probably the hardest person to encourage to follow the (homeowner's association regulations) of anyone out here because he has a strong belief in property rights," said Skaggs, who is the former chairman of the Warren County Republican Party. 

Skaggs noted the 13 pages of regulations are extensive. But even from the start of Paul's residence in Rivergreen, Skaggs said Paul has been difficult to work with. 

"The major problem was getting the house plans approved," Skaggs said. "He wanted to actually own the property rights and build any kind of house he wanted. He didn't end up doing that, but it was a struggle." 

But Rob Porter, a 20-year friend of the senator, said he had never even heard of Boucher before.

"When I saw Rand after the incident, he even acknowledged that he hadn't talked to Boucher in years," Porter said. "If there was some kind of ongoing rift, i wasn't aware of it and Rand didn't act like he was aware of it."

When asked for comment, a statement from Paul's senior adviser said, "It is a pending, serious criminal matter involving state and federal authorities. We won’t have any further comments at this time.”

After being "blindsided" by the attack, it's unclear when the Republican senator from Kentucky will return to work, according to several statements from Paul's aides. 

Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell, also a Kentucky Republican, told reporters on Tuesday that he has spoken with Paul and he will be back at work in Washington as soon as next week.

Voter records from March 2017 show Boucher registered as a Democrat, but his lawyer said Monday that politics had nothing to do with the dispute between neighbors. 

Boucher's lawyer, Baker, said he would not comment on what the argument was over until he conducted more interviews with other neighbors. 

Skaggs said he told Boucher he wants the ordeal to be done with. 

"We would really like to see this all over and you back in your house and him back in his house and try to be friends with each other, even though you'll never like each other," Skaggs said he told Boucher.

Contributing: Deirdre Shesgreen, USA TODAY

12 hours ago, f7ben said:

Well someone needs to do it....Rene was always out walking his toy poodle and smoking cigarello's while discussing the latest french fashion !!!!!!!!!11111

You have a toy dog, I can see you out walking the dog swilling Coors Light while discussing the latest throat slashing methods!!!!!!!111111

Just now, Mileage Psycho said:

You have a toy dog, I can see you out walking the dog swilling Coors Light while discussing the latest throat slashing methods!!!!!!!111111

Whew....you bought a nice chunk of "Benny, Inc"  first thing this morning.  Early bird gets the worm!!!!!

:lmao:

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Whew....you bought a nice chunk of "Benny, Inc"  first thing this morning.  Early bird gets the worm!!!!!

:lmao:

For some reason talking throat slashing while walking a gay looking runt of a dog just doesn't come off as real convincing :lol: 

5 minutes ago, Mileage Psycho said:

I was going by the remarks made by the subdivision developer, I by choice do not live in a subdivision as I'm not into rules as to what I can do on my property and it sounds like Paul feels the same way; so why live where you don't like the rules? :dunno:  In any event his former colleague is in some serious trouble.

I've lived in two of these type of gated private communities.  The rules and regulations are pretty impressive.  These covenenants are required signing at any closing within the subdivision.  They are incredibly all-encompassing for the "good" and resale value of the community.  But a real PIA sometimes.  Even Christmas decorations have to be approved.  Think you're gonna fill your yard with twinkling colored lights and a air blown Santa?  Nope.  My last year they just approved any type of "display" other than lights...as long as they were approved and "tasteful".  Think your gonna park a boat or RV in your driveway?  NOPE.  Cars on the street?  Nope.  Think you're gonna skimp on the lawn and landscaping maintenance?  Nope.  On and on.  And indeed, if you ignore the "rules" after a 10 day warning....your indescretions will be "fixed" and a lein against your property to reimberse the Homeowner's Association.  ANd YES....EVERYONE AGREES TO IT UPON CLOSING.  Some get real surprised!!!  Not sure why.  We called these people "pink flamingos".  :lmao:

HOWEVER...it makes for a real nice and clean place to live and resale values are strong.

• Platinum Contributing Member

Watching Fox News this morning and they are calling this a liberal attacking a conservative and comparing it to the whack job that shot up that softball practice....good god they are pathetic fucking hacks.

Edited by Jimmy Snacks

4 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Watching Fox News is calling this a liberal attacking a conservative and comparing it to the whack job that shot up that softball practice....good god they are pathetic fucking hacks.

Yeah, I saw that.  They said Rand was out “dodging bullets”. :lol:

I’ll bet he was cowered up in a fetal attack position in the dig out soiling his tighty whites!!!  

Although, it does appear that if the “attacker” cannot convince the judge this was NOT politically motivated...even just a bit.  He faces more serious charges.

Interesting.  But not really.  

1 hour ago, Mileage Psycho said:

I hope that prick has a good lawyer, he's gonna need one.  Don't you find it the least bit odd, that a partisan news source is actually trying to lay the blame at Pauls feet?  Newsweek had the same article.  The comments section said it all. :lol:  

14 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Yeah, I saw that.  They said Rand was out “dodging bullets”. :lol:

I’ll bet he was cowered up in a fetal attack position in the dig out soiling his tighty whites!!!  

Although, it does appear that if the “attacker” cannot convince the judge this was NOT politically motivated...even just a bit.  He faces more serious charges.

Interesting.  But not really.  

As of now it’s misdemeanor assault...if they spin it as a political attack he will be charged federally and face 10 years...SMFH.

1 minute ago, DriftBusta said:

I hope that prick has a good lawyer, he's gonna need one.  Don't you find it the least bit odd, that a partisan news source is actually trying to lay the blame at Pauls feet?  Newsweek had the same article.  The comments section said it all. :lol:  

Fox News is calling it a politically motivated attack and blaming Boucher.

Edited by Jimmy Snacks

6 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

As of now it’s misdemeanor assault...if they spin it as a political attack he will be charged federally and face 10 years...SMFH.

I don't think it's gonna make it to the "political" side.  But it depends on Rand's neighbors vouching for him as being "good".  Boucher's mad liberal rants on the internet aren't really helping him out either.  Who fucking cares...let these two step into a cage and settle up.  Done.  And we pay for none of it.  Or, make it pay per view!!!!!!!

ridiculous there is even any talk about there being some sort of federal charges,  clearly this was not politically based but just 2 asshole neighbors who don't get along.  Why Paul would live in that neighborhood when he knew the rules is plain stupid,  don't want rules and architectural controls buy in the country where you just have county rules.  

Well, that was dissapointing!  Rand's people just put out a statement about the possible "bad neighbor" narrative.  Para:  "The Pauls have had no contact or spoke with the attacker or his family for years....and now only contact after that attack."

Whatever that means.  Sounds like Rand may be indicating a political attack?  Ooof.