Check your account email address ×

The reason Trump is killing obamacare

Pete

• Platinum Contributing Member
Just now, ActionfigureJoe said:

popular vote for congress. 

GOP holds more seats nationwide than any time since the 20's.  :lol:  

1 hour ago, Anler said:

We would be better off if there were no insurance companies. Then medical providers would have to practice functional medicine that people could afford. When is the last time the medical industry cured anything? 

that last sentence is very haunting. during the last 10-15 years medicine has made a significant departure from the medical care standards set before. profits and clever marketing of different approaches has pushed medicine into symptom management rather than a curative approach. very insightful on your part and something that flies under most people’s radar. 

Edited by ActionfigureJoe

• Platinum Contributing Member
1 hour ago, Anler said:

We would be better off if there were no insurance companies. Then medical providers would have to practice functional medicine that people could afford. When is the last time the medical industry cured anything? 

Tetanus

Rabies

Polio

Yellow Fever

Whooping Cough

Measles

Small Pox

Malaria

Typhoid Fever

AIDS (Not cured but its no longer a death sentence it once was)

TB

Cancer survival rates have significantly improved over the past 50 years.

Personally I think modern medicine has done an amazing job.  My two sons are strong examples of it.  

Edited by Highmark

3 hours ago, Anler said:

Im not saying there shouldnt be medicine, im saying the system is built on profits and not on effective health care. 

Ahh I gotcha. You’re right. My humalog insulin has been a monopoly with Lilly. Price fixing. Fucking bastards 

• Gold Member

They should just tax any and all employers and any goods sold in the US with a certain percent of sale/income for healthcare for all.  It could be just rang up like sales tax on all products or services sold.  Simple push of the button on the computer  and it comes out and sent to the government to provide health care for all....  Rich, poor all pay the same.  Then employers won't have to provide insurance as it is built in already in their cost for provide a product or service that all pay for.  Also this way it doesn't advantage of disadvantage anybody

14 minutes ago, BOHICA said:

They should just tax any and all employers and any goods sold in the US with a certain percent of sale/income for healthcare for all.  It could be just rang up like sales tax on all products or services sold.  Simple push of the button on the computer  and it comes out and sent to the government to provide health care for all....  Rich, poor all pay the same.  Then employers won't have to provide insurance as it is built in already in their cost for provide a product or service that all pay for.  Also this way it doesn't advantage of disadvantage anybody

Great!!

1 hour ago, BOHICA said:

They're trying to change the school property tax system in pa right now over to a sales tax system.  Our current sales tax % is 6 and I think they have it figured out to go to a 7 or 7.5% to be able to eliminate the property tax altogether.  The schools don't want it because then they can't spend money and then dictate what the property owners have to pay in taxes in order to cover the cost.  They'd only be able to spend it after the people spend theirs and create the tax money.  Many say it will hurt the economy, but to me if someone's buying a $ 40,000 pickup truck, what do they care about an extra 400 bucks for the tax.  If they had 40,000 to spend in the first place 400 isn't gonna kill the sale.

Obamacare was simply NEGROCARE in disguise. Somebody has to pay for black baby care, might as well be a old, fat Honky from NH. 

My Medicare payments have gone through the roof. 

19 hours ago, polaris550 said:

Obamacare was simply NEGROCARE in disguise. Somebody has to pay for black baby care, might as well be a old, fat Honky from NH. 

My Medicare payments have gone through the roof. 

This statement sounds pretty harsh , but sadly , it's really not very far from reality . 

1 hour ago, awful knawful said:

No. You're a big retired police mangling money hand over fist in the markets!

So which one is it?

images-3.jpg

You WEAKLING!!! Hurt your shoulder operating a DIL-DOZER!!! LMAO!! OOOH, was the power steering too much for little AWFFY NAWFY????? LMAO!!! 

Look, look at these MASSIVE PYTHONIAN GUNS!!!! BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!! These are REAL MANLY PYTHONS!!!! YOU SLACKER!!!

P8170169.JPG

1 hour ago, awful knawful said:

When did I say I hurt my shoulder operating?

Those piles of rotten wood are 2 feet high. Are you a Mongloid? Midget?

A puny, soft, FAT little bitch!

Pythons? You've seen me! 6'2" 235. You're a little boy I could easily put out of your misery.

Mittens knows you.

images-5.jpg

I'll drop you like a bad habit. I suggest you zoom in on those MASSIVE PYTHONS, and try to figure out what it's gonna' be like when you're getting choked to death.

Slacker!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  :slacker::slacker::slacker::slacker::slacker: