Check your account email address ×

they don't make them like they used to...

16 minutes ago, Biggie Smails said:

Yeah even rap has gone to shit...sad.

Foo Fighters, Greta Van Fleet, Queens of The Stone Age, as was already mentioned anything Jack White does...good stuff.

Its funny because alot of the old school rappers are giving the new rap alot of shit now too. For good reason, it sucks. 

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Platinum Contributing Member
17 minutes ago, Anler said:

Its funny because alot of the old school rappers are giving the new rap alot of shit now too. For good reason, it sucks. 

Good because I listen to a lot of old rap on Spotify and some newer stuff like Eminem obviously and Yealwolf which is pretty good. My daughter is 17 and some of the stuff on her playlist is just god awful. :lol:

3 hours ago, Snoslinger said:

saw roger hodgson last night (supertramp) who was outstanding. listening to the raw talent, and thinking about the recent death of tom petty, I was wondering who's going to fill these voids? some damn boy band dancing around to digitized music? rappers who do nothing but talk about BS, playing no instruments?

I think theres a reason classic rock is so popular, thats all my 15 yr old listens too

2 minutes ago, MiSledder said:

I think theres a reason classic rock is so popular, thats all my 15 yr old listens too

good for him :bc:

two young kids sat at our table last night and I asked them if they were here with their grandparents. they chuckled and said no they liked this music. so there is some hope...

10 minutes ago, Snoslinger said:

good for him :bc:

two young kids sat at our table last night and I asked them if they were here with their grandparents. they chuckled and said no they liked this music. so there is some hope...

SuperTramp was never really huge, I only like them because my dad had a cassette in his corvette and I used to listen to it when I was young, then they became popular again in the 90s for some reason

2 minutes ago, Carlos Danger said:

I think if you can strum a guitar and write a song nowadays you end up in county music.

country is just the same songs aver and over, all the male singers are looking for their "friends in low places" hit, I dont really like woman singers except for Pink, Nicks and heart

3 minutes ago, MiSledder said:

pink has come out as a hardcore liberal so shes off my list, I wish these musicians would STFU

do you feel the same about kid rock or is he ok becuase he's on your side :dunno:  

personally i think they should all stfu and entertain like they are being paid to do but i fee the same way about sports figures as well.  all of them are lucky to have the job they do and because they are stars does not give their opinion any more importance than any one else in fact their isolation from the reality of the middle class prob makes it less important 

We spend a lot of time going to bars to see bands. Honestly, there is still a lot of good bands that will never get a shot.  My Brother spent years trying to break into the industry. You pretty much have to know somebody or be somebodies kid. We are going down to Nashville in a couple weeks to drink and check out bands.

I have noticed that a lot of bands are getting away from original music and moving more towards covers. Not sure if it more the venue saying " covers is what people want to hear and if you want to play here, this is what you will do".

10 minutes ago, motonoggin said:

Speaking of horrible music, will there ever be a day when a Detroit sports team doesn't play that stupid fucking Journey song and fans don't sing along like it's their jam?

Could be worse, I hear all they ever play at Sparty games is The Diviynls I touch Myself. 

Snacks :owned: 

• Platinum Contributing Member
16 minutes ago, bussman said:

Could be worse, I hear all they ever play at Sparty games is The Diviynls I touch Myself. 

Snacks :owned: 

They can play whatever they want as long as they beat Michigan.:thumb: