Check your account email address ×

Snow Guru's top 10 for 2018

Anler

2 hours ago, Mileage Psycho said:

So no more Poo for you?

Are you keeping the miled up E-Tec (3000 miles) or are you buying a fresh one to mile up to 3K? :dunno: 

Going up to the UP for some kayaking, and off roading next weekend and on the way back I'm picking up the Tiger on the 9th :fluffy: 

i've got just under 5k miles on my 800 etec-  only reason it's going down the road is it's almost impossible to get any real money from any sled over 5k miles,  my 12 with 6k on it is still sitting at the dealers in the rack.  so either i commit to riding it another 2 years and spend a grand rebuilding shocks clutches etc or try to dump it now for $8-8500 or so and get into a lower mile one for $1000-1500 more.  Looking to spend 10k on a 16 Freeride or 17 SBA and then doing it all over again the following year.  

4 hours ago, Mileage Psycho said:

So no more Poo for you?

Are you keeping the miled up E-Tec (3000 miles) or are you buying a fresh one to mile up to 3K? :dunno: 

Going up to the UP for some kayaking, and off roading next weekend and on the way back I'm picking up the Tiger on the 9th :fluffy: 

Hey dick, the etec has just under 5,000. And my poo deal fell thru so as of now I am keeping it. Ill still be getting better economy than your new SDI 800. :groin:

58 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

i've got just under 5k miles on my 800 etec-  only reason it's going down the road is it's almost impossible to get any real money from any sled over 5k miles,  my 12 with 6k on it is still sitting at the dealers in the rack.  so either i commit to riding it another 2 years and spend a grand rebuilding shocks clutches etc or try to dump it now for $8-8500 or so and get into a lower mile one for $1000-1500 more.  Looking to spend 10k on a 16 Freeride or 17 SBA and then doing it all over again the following year.  

I figure if I keep it this year i am just going to keep it as an extra sled because yes you are right. The resale value goes to shit on high miled 2 strokes. If I run across a deal on another sled towards the end of the season I may pick one up then but really no need as the Gen 3 xp is still the best sled on snow behind the gen 4. :news:

2 minutes ago, Anler said:

Hey dick, the etec has just under 5,000. And my poo deal fell thru so as of now I am keeping it. Ill still be getting better economy than your new SDI 800. :groin:

you just wait until cat gets the new big fin clutch update out for the 2018's so they stop blowing belts and can hit 100mph and get better than 10mpg.....VInce is gonna be stylin and profilin after that shit !!!!!!11111

2 minutes ago, f7ben said:

you just wait until cat gets the new big fin clutch update out for the 2018's so they stop blowing belts and can hit 100mph and get better than 10mpg.....VInce is gonna be stylin and profilin after that shit !!!!!!11111

Edmo hooked me up with the 2" higher seat for the XS. Think im gonna try it out. couple other slight modifications and it will dominate without discrimination!

SD-ST-XP0812-BK_Side_Web_grande.jpg?v=1443622850

14 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Ah cats laundry list of updates rivals that of the fusion fiasco 

7 minutes ago, Kev144 said:

Ah cats laundry list of updates rivals that of the fusion fiasco 

That Fusion 900 may have been the biggest turd in the history of snowmobiling. Alot of smart poo guys switched to doo since 2009. I talked with some and they were glad they did. Too bad Cat guys arent that smart.

Edited by Anler

Just now, Anler said:

That Fusion 900 may have been the biggest turd in the history of snowmobiling. Alot of smart poo guys switched to doo since 2009. I talked with some and they were glad they did. 

Went to cat in 2006 lol. Never owned a fusion thank God.  Though the 600s were fine. 

20 minutes ago, Anler said:

Edmo hooked me up with the 2" higher seat for the XS. Think im gonna try it out. couple other slight modifications and it will dominate without discrimination!

SD-ST-XP0812-BK_Side_Web_grande.jpg?v=1443622850

Had one on a 1200 for one ride.....was hard as a fucking rock and just completely shit.....I wanted to love it but it was sold within 24hours of it getting to my door 

1 minute ago, Kev144 said:

Went to cat in 2006 lol. Never owned a fusion thank God.  Though the 600s were fine. 

Yeah i never owned a doo 800 pre etec because they had notoriously bad reliability wise. etecs have a much better oiling system. 

Just now, f7ben said:

Had one on a 1200 for one ride.....was hard as a fucking rock and just completely shit.....I wanted to love it but it was sold within 24hours of it getting to my door 

You sure?

7 minutes ago, f7ben said:

I dont mind it...have one on my 1200 now...and had one on my xrs

Screenshot_20170928-125410.png