Check your account email address ×

Saturday night post anything thread

SSFB

14 hours ago, SSFB said:

Also, one of the guys we played against today was a Pastor at a church and he's been fighting pancreatic cancer for over a year. Doing chemo that entire time and it was pretty amazing how good of spirit he was in and how well he was able to play. Major props and all the best to him. :bc:

Lost my bud last week at 63. He's been fighting cancer since 1990. Had a 13lb tumour removed and the first tripple organ transplant survivor in Canada!

He fought the fight and had a few battles with cancer since then. Got to see his children grow up and have their own children.

Tell the pastor to keep fighting!

RIP Donald M

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, awful knawful said:

Lost my bud last week at 63. He's been fighting cancer since 1990. Had a 13lb tumour removed and the first tripple organ transplant survivor in Canada!

He fought the fight and had a few battles with cancer since then. Got to see his children grow up and have their own children.

RIP Donald M

Sorry to hear about your bud. :(

• Thanks 1

• Platinum Contributing Member
11 minutes ago, awful knawful said:

RIP Donald M

My condolences...good on him for battling so long and hard.

• Thanks 1

Just now, Woodtick said:

I agree but will add that golf also sucked prior to Trump taking office. Trump just reminds us that golf sucks. Carry on.......:lol2:

Golf sucks even more now that Trump is running the show. :flush:  

11 minutes ago, SSFB said:

Thanks Tom. :lol::bc:

No prob.  Glad to help.  

50 minutes ago, awful knawful said:

RIP Donald M

Sorry about your buddy ak.  Cancer is such a horrible disease.  It's too bad we can't find a cure.  

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

Sorry about your buddy ak.  Cancer is such a horrible disease.  It's too bad we can't find a cure.  

I believe there is a cure....but the drug companies would rather make coin in other ways.

• Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, bussman said:

They have courses you can play Tom so you don't have to think golf sucks. 

Called mini golf, don't forget your driver, gnome. :bigfinger:

:bc: 

Hahaha.  I played 2 rounds this summer at a course in Anchorage.  We had fun.  I just find it hard to dedicate 3 hours to doing basically nothing in the middle of the day.  I'm sure I will like it more when my time isn't quite so regimented.  

1 hour ago, AKIQPilot said:

Hahaha.  I played 2 rounds this summer at a course in Anchorage.  We had fun.  I just find it hard to dedicate 3 hours to doing basically nothing in the middle of the day.  I'm sure I will like it more when my time isn't quite so regimented.  

Play a few rounds with us and I bet you change your mind.  :bc: 

Short Shank For Brains can get a bit unruly though, FYI. :bc: 

3 minutes ago, bussman said:

Play a few rounds with us and I bet you change your mind.  :bc: 

Short Shank For Brains can get a bit unruly though, FYI. :bc: 

Now there is name change I'm all for! :lol:

18 hours ago, Momorider said:

Wow I thought pancreatic was a death sentence, good luck to your  Pastor :bc: 

It is most of the time.  But like any other cancer, it's treatable , if found early enough

4 hours ago, awful knawful said:

RIP Donald M

Damn, 27 years is a hell of a fight. 

RIP Don :bc:

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, SVT Renegade XRS said:

Damn, 27 years is a hell of a fight. 

RIP Don :bc:

He was quite the jokester. We had some epic atv trips. He'd try anything with his old 88 Honda 300.

http://m.legacy.com/dignity-memorial/obituary-preview.aspx?n=Donald+-McDavid&lc=3198&pid=186669297&mid=7558197

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, awful knawful said:

He was quite the jokester. We had some epic atv trips. He'd try anything with his old 88 Honda 300.

http://m.legacy.com/dignity-memorial/obituary-preview.aspx?n=Donald+-McDavid&lc=3198&pid=186669297&mid=7558197

I scrolled through the pictures....looked like he enjoyed life....RIP.

• Like 1