Check your account email address ×

Lawrence O'Donnell pulls a Bill O'Rielly

Wildboer

18 minutes ago, Wildboer said:

MSNBC talking head that made his way from a Morning Joe spot to taking Olberman's 8pm slot, definitely lives in a liberal echo chamber.

Aside from whatever snippet I might catch posted here I havent watched one second of any mainstream news in many many years. 

6 minutes ago, f7ben said:

that was a great show .....he is obviously brilliant if he had any part in that 

I agree it was a great show. Kind of jumper the shark the last few seasons but that is how it goes. Lawrence is a better read version of Snowrider a shameless partisan.

2 minutes ago, Carlos Danger said:

I agree it was a great show. Kind of jumper the shark the last few seasons but that is how it goes. Lawrence is a better read version of Snowrider a shameless partisan.

I have watched the first 3 seasons in the last month or so.....just an outstanding show that had a lot of damn near prophetic subject matter concerning politics in the US

1 minute ago, f7ben said:

I have watched the first 3 seasons in the last month or so.....just an outstanding show that had a lot of damn near prophetic subject matter concerning politics in the US

Sorkin makes the actors lines over the top intelligent, such that it makes it almost cartoonish, because we never hear that many people talk that intelligently about politics.  He did the same thing with The Newsroom, another fantastic show.

Neal

• Platinum Contributing Member
18 minutes ago, Carlos Danger said:

He was a writer for the show "The West Wing" back in the day.

15 minutes ago, f7ben said:

that was a great show .....he is obviously brilliant if he had any part in that 

I actually liked that show very much.   Still go back on Netflix and watch some of it.   One I was watching not long ago had them talking about how the world was going to run out of oil soon.  That was the push for renewable's then not MMCC. :lol:  Here's my favorite scene of all time.

"You're talking about international laws, the laws of nature don't even apply here." 

18 minutes ago, f7ben said:

The proportional response scene in the war room was one of my favs

16 minutes ago, NaturallyAspirated said:

A very good one.

Neal

Yep.  

There is one I can't find where Bartlett is talking about America's right to preemptively protect itself that is very good.  

1 minute ago, Biggie Smails said:

Damn I need to start watching this on Netflix....Martin Sheen is a great fucking actor.

Dig in with lots of snacks.   

8 minutes ago, Biggie Smails said:

They don't call me Jimmy Snacks for nothing!:thumb:

I have mentioned it here before but I bought all the seasons in about 2004 and it is really what spurred my interest in politics.....it is just masterfully written 

Imagine a President even remotely saying what Bartlett did in the Proportional Response episode.   No matter the side the other would have a shit fit.   

3 hours ago, NaturallyAspirated said:

Sorkin makes the actors lines over the top intelligent, such that it makes it almost cartoonish, because we never hear that many people talk that intelligently about politics.  He did the same thing with The Newsroom, another fantastic show.

Neal

Never warmed up to Newsroom, to preachy for my taste. If Democrats were as intelligent as Sorkin's writes them in his scripts they would never loose an election.

2 hours ago, Carlos Danger said:

Never warmed up to Newsroom, to preachy for my taste. If Democrats were as intelligent as Sorkin's writes them in his scripts they would never loose an election.

I think you are spot on about that.

I thought the newsroom was less preachy than TWW.... :dunno:

Neal

13 minutes ago, NaturallyAspirated said:

I think you are spot on about that.

I thought the newsroom was less preachy than TWW.... :dunno:

Neal

I dont find TWW preachy at all and I didnt when I watched it as a young RWW