***Official FSCE daily thread -

ckf

• Platinum Contributing Member
5 minutes ago, ckf said:

Looks to me like it's time to get the second portable AC ready :thumb:

I saw the forecast for this weekend and I ordered one of those units. :lol:

19 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

I saw the forecast for this weekend and I ordered one of those units. :lol:

They work great for the 4 to 5 times a summer that we need them. Plus they are a lot easier to roll to where you want them instead of lifting a window AC unit in to place.

25 minutes ago, ckf said:

They work great for the 4 to 5 times a summer that we need them. Plus they are a lot easier to roll to where you want them instead of lifting a window AC unit in to place.

Kind of what I was thinking...there are only a handful of days where we will need it but well worth it.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Kind of what I was thinking...there are only a handful of days where we will need it but well worth it.

I think we may see our first 90 degree day in the 5 years that we have lived here. Not really a record I'm looking forward to see fall :nea:

1 hour ago, ckf said:

we had 2 at camp for the few times needed but at home have 3 window shakers in so the fam room master and boys room is cool.  Daughter for some reason has zero issues sleeping when it's swamp like in the house.  Guess I need to stick them in tonight or tomorrow.  

50 minutes ago, ckf said:

I think we may see our first 90 degree day in the 5 years that we have lived here. Not really a record I'm looking forward to see fall :nea:

This is my first one and it’s a dehumidifier as well and from what I read you don’t have to empty them as they use some sort of auto evaporation system? Also when they are in AC mode same thing...auto evaporation.

39 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

This is my first one and it’s a dehumidifier as well and from what I read you don’t have to empty them as they use some sort of auto evaporation system? Also when they are in AC mode same thing...auto evaporation.

i had one like that and it worked pretty well but it eventually started leaking water so be careful where you put it.  

3 hours ago, ckf said:

Looks to me like it's time to get the second portable AC ready :thumb:

Not a fan of those portable ACs whatsoever....ive never personally had one...but friends who did...all hated them...maybe they were cheaper models....but i remember them being loud and didnt cool very well.

1 hour ago, Angry ginger said:

we had 2 at camp for the few times needed but at home have 3 window shakers in so the fam room master and boys room is cool.  Daughter for some reason has zero issues sleeping when it's swamp like in the house.  Guess I need to stick them in tonight or tomorrow.  

What kinda base model camp you runnin there?

1 hour ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Correct, no need to drain. We've had one of ours for 6 or 7 years now without any leaking issues. But they don't get a ton of use.

9 minutes ago, DAVE said:

Not a fan of those portable ACs whatsoever....ive never personally had one...but friends who did...all hated them...maybe they were cheaper models....but i remember them being loud and didnt cool very well.

Ours both seem to do fine as far as cooling goes. They are louder than window units because the entire unit is inside instead of sticking out the window.

• Like 1

The one I had for the garage wasn't too loud but kept popping the circuit, even on dehumidifier mode. Old house and low amp circuits :wall:

Gave it to my Godson so he can cool his room since the AC at my sisters house is so funky

I just mowed the lawn before the rain moves in. Damn rider needs a belt so I had to use the old Honda push mower. The thing must be 25 years old and it still runs and mows great!

9 minutes ago, ckf said:

I just mowed the lawn before the rain moves in. Damn rider needs a belt so I had to use the old Honda push mower. The thing must be 25 years old and it still runs and mows great!

Thats it for today then i take it....goodnight and see you tomorrow.

:lol:

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Angry ginger said:

no reason most fo the time to have ac so wasn't going to put a minii split in.  

Hell I only use mine about 8 times a yr at the house. Last yr I never even put em in. Still havnt yet this yr.

5 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

Hell I only use mine about 8 times a yr at the house. Last yr I never even put em in. Still havnt yet this yr.

You might want to get on that before the weekend.

1 minute ago, steve from amherst said:

Maybe , heat dosnt bother me a whole lot. Had the wood stove going twice in the last week.

It's not the heat as much as it is the humidity for me. No heat on here this week but we did get down in to the mid 30's a few mornings ago.