Check your account email address ×

2011 CFR 800....similar chassis to M8

• Platinum Contributing Member
11 minutes ago, Rod Johnson said:

Same chassis but short track, coupled suspension, wider stance and very fast up top

Ok cool and this one has a Mountain Seat so the seating position should feel similar to my M8.....think I might do it.:thumb:

1 hour ago, Biggie Smails said:

Just curious as I had another trade offer come in and if my goal is to be more trail friendly than this sled with a 1.5"  and Mountain Seat might fit the bill.

the cfr is a M chassis but with a narrow tunnel and wide arms and diff skid   I am pretty sure the 11 was still using that firecat 129 . but yes same as a M so very ez to work on and familiar to you having a M.

it is a DD . pretty sure Schultz set a world record on a 11 cfr in 11 not a great off trail sled but for Midwest off trail it is ok especially if you make the swaybar quick disconnect  

Edited by Ez ryder

3 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

I think the cfr is a M chassis but with a narrow tunnel I am pretty sure the 11 was still using that firecat 129 . but yes same as a M so very ez to work on and familiar to you having a M.

it is a DD . pretty sure Schultz set a world record on a 11 cfr in 11 

Yep it's a DD and it has a 1.5" Cobra on it.

8 minutes ago, Biggie Smails said:

Yep it's a DD and it has a 1.5" Cobra on it.

a good sled with a solid motor . I love my 11M the mapping was spot on . I knew like 5 guys with a cfr all loved them . but none used for off trail . I played with 1 for a bit I a wind blown end of a field . trenched like a short track will but did the job .

deff more of a trail sled tha you could get away with taking off te trail from time to time. last sled made with a real hood with ez access under the hood and good wind protection .

deff a step up in sleds that 11 was also a true 160hp everything after was lucky to be  150

Edited by Ez ryder

1 minute ago, Ez ryder said:

a good sled with a solid motor . I love my 11M the mapping was spot on . I knew like 5 guys with a cfr all loved them . but none used for off trail . I played with 1 for a bit I a wind blown end of a field . trenched like a short track will but did the job .

deff more of a trail sled tha you could get away with taking off te trail from time to time. last sled made with a real hood with ez access under the hood and good wind protection .

deff a step up in sleds that 11 was also a true 160hp everything after was lucky to be  150

That all sounds perfect...should also be good for messing around in ditches. :thumb:

37 minutes ago, Anler said:

Your the one starting topics about old faggot sleds. :groin:

Well this is a sled site and this old faggot sled as you put it is equal to your flea tec or your new erector set Polaris...SBYL Himmler.:thumb:

Edited by Biggie Smails

Its a 128" skid not 129" and all the rest is correct. 2011 is a great year. Got the HO and got rid of the mechanical reverse in the DD. Bulletproof sled with no gotchas. Will be fast and handle decent. Shock valving left a lot to be desired especially in the rear according to most. It absolutely needs the mountain seat to feel like a modern sled but when it gets that seat is it comfy to ride at least for me at my height. It is certainly more geared toward trail thrashing than ditch banging 

2 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Its a 128" skid not 129" and all the rest is correct. 2011 is a great year. Got the HO and got rid of the mechanical reverse in the DD. Bulletproof sled with no gotchas. Will be fast and handle decent. Shock valving left a lot to be desired especially in the rear according to most. It absolutely needs the mountain seat to feel like a modern sled but when it gets that seat is it comfy to ride at least for me at my height. It is certainly more geared toward trail thrashing than ditch banging 

Yeah I was glad to see the Mountain Seat and it definitely puts me ahead of the game compared to what I'm riding now. :ylsuper:

5 minutes ago, Biggie Smails said:

Yeah I was glad to see the Mountain Seat and it definitely puts me ahead of the game compared to what I'm riding now. :ylsuper:

You'll need to stud that track well if it isnt already or you will tear it up ...otherwise great track