Check your account email address ×

The iPhone X proves that the Unabomber was right.

22 hours ago, Kev144 said:

ive had a iphone 6 for 3+ years with 1 reboot needed.  my Samsung S3 and S5 were absolute garbage.  Reboots at least 3-4 times a week if not more.  Never again.  my work google pixel how ever has been flawless.  I am thinking Samsung is the shittest phones out there. 

no issues with my S3,  note 3 or note 4.  dealt with plenty of issues with the 6 iphones we have had.  my new pixel is good but no better than the samsungs i had

25 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Screenshot_20170917-080722.jpg

HA!  Yeah...we've had iphones since they've come out.  I've still got the original in it's box..along with all of them up to nine.  Not sure why...I've been thinking about changing but I worrk I'd lose music or apps or something.  I've always hated itunes...complicated and unfriendly IMO.

2 minutes ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

apple continues to pull down record profits while samsung phones catch fire. i'll stick with what works. 

I heard apple is now setting record sales for old model phones too!  They expect 10 to break all phone sales records.  Holy moly!!!

$1000 clamolas!!!!!!!!

1 minute ago, Zambroski said:

I heard apple is now setting record sales for old model phones too!  They expect 10 to break all phone sales records.  Holy moly!!!

$1000 clamolas!!!!!!!!

i still like the 5s. best sized phone ever. if the 5se phone had been released when i bought the 6s i'd have got the 5se instead. i will say that the 6s with the apple battery case is a sound phone. tough too 

1 minute ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

i still like the 5s. best sized phone ever. if the 5se phone had been released when i bought the 6s i'd have got the 5se instead. i will say that the 6s with the apple battery case is a sound phone. tough too 

The bigger screen is nice that came out on the 7 or 8 model. Good for posting here!!!!!

• Platinum Contributing Member
17 hours ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

apple continues to pull down record profits while samsung phones catch fire. i'll stick with what works. 

Phones are just a small to modest part of their business.   

Reality is smartphones in general have not really came that far in the past 5-10 years.   I mean what more can they add to these little devices.  Probably the reason they added the watches.  

Edited by Highmark

2 hours ago, Highmark said:

Reality is smartphones in general have not really came that far in the past 5-10 years.   I mean what more can they add to these little devices.  Probably the reason they added the watches.  

iphones made up almost 70% of apple's business during 2015 and over 60% in 2016. hopefully in the future apple can begin to diversify a bit more. the new speaker system coming out in december has the potential to be a huge hit. 

2 hours ago, Highmark said:

:lol:  

seriously,  10 years ago we had blackberries that did email well but didn't do much else,  now many don;t even use a computer they use the phone for everything.  

1 hour ago, Angry ginger said:

seriously,  10 years ago we had blackberries that did email well but didn't do much else,  now many don;t even use a computer they use the phone for everything.  

Agreed...i never use my laptop...much easier and convenient using phone. :bc:

1 hour ago, Angry ginger said:

Not according to Motorola. :lol:   Haven't you seen those commercials.  

10 years is probably too far but they haven't changed much in 5.   The tech in them is basically the same just got better.  

1 hour ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

iphones made up almost 70% of apple's business during 2015 and over 60% in 2016. hopefully in the future apple can begin to diversify a bit more. the new speaker system coming out in december has the potential to be a huge hit. 

Is that the device itself or adding in all the apps and what not?  

3 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Not according to Motorola. :lol:   Haven't you seen those commercials.  

10 years is probably too far but they haven't changed much in 5.   The tech in them is basically the same just got better.  

So its the same tech  but better....that would be different then wouldnt it?

3 hours ago, Highmark said:

Wow, that post couldn't be more wrong. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, FAT DAVE said:

So its the same tech  but better....that would be different then wouldnt it?

Depends how you look at it.   The features are not that different.  What new things can smartphones do that they couldn't do 5 years ago?

I was completely off on the scope of Iphone % of apples business.   

5 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Depends how you look at it.   The features are not that different.  What new things can smartphones do that they couldn't do 5 years ago?

I was completely off on the scope of Iphone % of apples business.   

@SSFB tell him...im not a tech guy like you. :bc:

20 minutes ago, FAT DAVE said:

Really...my 3 yr old samsung is a boat anchor compared to my new one.

for what 99% fo people do a 2-3 year old phones works fine.  I actually still use an old Galaxy S3 sometimes as it works easier with my gear smartwatch and i've had 3 phones since then.