Check your account email address ×

Hey woolfie...you level headed bastion of internet equilibrium

f7ben

• Gold Member
47 minutes ago, HSR said:

Cool. I don't know if things have changed up here in Ontario but I seem to remember my buddy having to do a certain amount of GS before they got to fly. But that was decades ago.

When I was flying ground school was really just the time spent learning the theories regarding flight. Thinks like going over the reading or whatever study material the instructor hands out and  how to do a preflight inspection or navigate a globe (yes, jt, a globe!). It isnt really a "school" except in some of the really big & formal training airports.

2 minutes ago, Sal Rosenberg said:

This is very interesting to watch .  One single thread from Ben about Wollie sends Snowrider right back to internet obscurity where he came form 

I can do great things if I set my mind to it 

• Haha 2

20 hours ago, Mileage Psycho said:

Nice Ron!!! No idea when my El Tigre is coming in, did you go 129 or 137?

It's a good pic, if I find it I'll put it up :lol: 

Bruce :bc: 

Bruce was a good guy and his wife Rosemary was a wonderful woman, I remember guys doubting his claim to being in the service because he couldn't remember or give a fuck about his MOS, he was drafted even though he had only one eye, he looked good in a uniform in the pic I saw in his living room :bc: 

It's OK and there are still folks helping each other out over there.

12-18-2002 for me, where the fuck has the time gone?

137 this time Vin :bc: 

https://www.arcticcat.com/snow/snowmobiles/model/2018-en-xf-8000-cross-country-limited-es/

Edited by Sal Rosenberg

3 hours ago, HSR said:

Cool. I don't know if things have changed up here in Ontario but I seem to remember my buddy having to do a certain amount of GS before they got to fly. But that was decades ago.

Im just trying to finish up my PPL (Ontario), as soon as your registered in flight school you can do your in air time which is 40 hrs as your doing the ground school portion as well. You have to pass the in house practice exam (most places do this) before you write the transport canada exam. Surprisingly you only need 60% on the written exam which comprises of 4 different subjects and a total of 100 multiple guess questions. Its the cat 3 medical exam that really is the worst part, many meds and medical issues will prohibit ppl to get a pass. If hook nose goes into a Drs for a medical they would probably flunk his ass just on first glance. :)

Edited by jamieharrower24

7 minutes ago, jamieharrower24 said:

Im just trying to finish up my PPL (Ontario), as soon as your registered in flight school you can do your in air time which is 40 hrs as your doing the ground school portion as well. You have to pass the in house practice exam (most places do this) before you write the transport canada exam. Surprisingly you only need 60% on the written exam which comprises of 4 different subjects and a total of 100 multiple guess questions. Its the cat 3 medical exam that really is the worst part, many meds and medical issues will prohibit ppl to get a pass. If hook nose goes into a Drs for a medical they would probably flunk his ass just on first glance. :)

Well I go in on tuesday :lol: 

1 minute ago, jamieharrower24 said:

fuck it, as long as you can read the eye chart, arent color blind and can read a short paragraph. Like i said its certain meds and pre conditions ie. heart or blood pressure that will jam you 

I havent had any health issues in my life aside from my back....no meds no nothing 

Just now, f7ben said:

I havent had any health issues in my life aside from my back....no meds no nothing 

You will be ok then, flying the plane (likly a Cessna 152/172 is the easy part) communicating with ATC/ground is the scary shit if you fly controlled. Thoses guys can be dicks . The day i finally get licence id just like to buy a STOL Cub and fly outta a grass strip and check some shit out . No interest in flying into controlled airports/fields. 

1 minute ago, jamieharrower24 said:

You will be ok then, flying the plane (likly a Cessna 152/172 is the easy part) communicating with ATC/ground is the scary shit if you fly controlled. Thoses guys can be dicks . The day i finally get licence id just like to buy a STOL Cub and fly outta a grass strip and check some shit out . No interest in flying into controlled airports/fields. 

I am flying a 172 and its an uncontrolled field .....my main mission will be flying into another small controlled field ....I dont have a whole ton of interest in busy airports either 

1 minute ago, f7ben said:

I am flying a 172 and its an uncontrolled field .....my main mission will be flying into another small controlled field ....I dont have a whole ton of interest in busy airports either 

You will enjoy it, will be surprised what those little tin coffins can do up there. If/when you get the chance to fly in a low wing like a Piper or similar try that, I found it much more exciting when I got to take the controls. 

5 minutes ago, jamieharrower24 said:

You will enjoy it, will be surprised what those little tin coffins can do up there. If/when you get the chance to fly in a low wing like a Piper or similar try that, I found it much more exciting when I got to take the controls. 

I'm going to buy a plane late spring next year and most of the planes on my list are low wing ......I plan to finish my ppl in my own plane and be using it for travel at the end of next summer or maybe a little later