Check your account email address ×

2018 Arctic Cat snocross sled

Just now, AKIQPilot said:

That is correct.  No open mod motors.  Motor and chassis must remain OEM stock.  

so is there a HP max a factory 600 race sled can put out ? as long as the whole fleet has the same motor ? or do they have to be same motor as the consumer sled?

2 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

wow what a delusional one you are.

the self proclaimed king of the ditch . one would expect a rider of you caliber to be rolling around in a  factory truck  and getting checks to show up at events to grace the crowd with your existence

its pretty close to that bro .....I'm the OG of wrecking shit and taking it to the next level

Just now, Ez ryder said:

so is there a HP max a factory 600 race sled can put out ? as long as the whole fleet has the same motor ? or do they have to be same motor as the consumer sled?

Definitely not the same motor as a consumer sled and no HP max.  Now it will be very important for the factory to build a race motor with max HP.  The new SkiDoo is bad to the bone this year.  Etec powered RS motor.  Very much like the new 850 and much better than a consumer 600 Etec.  

Just now, Ez ryder said:

The new Cat sno-xers are a variation of the CTEC 600 engine.  2017's were the same.  I thought they said it is tuned for 100? octane.

Just now, AKIQPilot said:

Definitely not the same motor as a consumer sled and no HP max.  Now it will be very important for the factory to build a race motor with max HP.  The new SkiDoo is bad to the bone this year.  Etec powered RS motor.  Very much like the new 850 and much better than a consumer 600 Etec.  

well it could be a good thing for the consumer for the short lived R&D time snow x has left then .

this plays well to cats wheel house or at least its old wheel house

3 minutes ago, f7ben said:

hardly .....come up to the range and I bet you wouldnt make it a day with your sled intact ....shits real yo

I bow to you oh great 1 . my 48 yrs on this orb with 45 of them spent on a sled would be no match for a self proclaimed snow god living in a non snow belt such as your self

Edited by Ez ryder

1 minute ago, Ez ryder said:

I bow to you oh great 1 . my 48 yrs on this orb with 45 of them spent on a sled would be no match for a self proclaimed snow god living in a non snow belt such as your self

exactly ....I'm 10 years younger than you but 50 years older in sled experience 

4 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

The new Cat sno-xers are a variation of the CTEC 600 engine.  2017's were the same.  I thought they said it is tuned for 100? octane.

I honestly spent less than 30 seconds looking at the new sno x sleds this weekend . spent most of my sled time looking over the new mountain cat and rmk . and 2x that time looking at the bikes . I really like that yeti narrow track

1 minute ago, f7ben said:

exactly ....I'm 10 years younger than you but 50 years older in sled experience 

what ever you say self proclaimed snow god .

I was literally racing sleds when you were still just a wadded up Kleenex in your dads night stand  

Just now, Ez ryder said:

what ever you say self proclaimed snow god .

I was literally racing sleds when you were still just a wadded up Kleenex in your dads night stand  

and losing .....all I do is win

1 minute ago, Ez ryder said:

I honestly spent less than 30 seconds looking at the new sno x sleds this weekend . spent most of my sled time looking over the new mountain cat and rmk . and 2x that time looking at the bikes . I really like that yeti narrow track

I was too wrapped up in other shit and forgot to go look at the new Doo racer.  If I'd have been paying attention, I'd have scored a Cat pit coat for $20 in the swap.  

Crap bought in the swap at Haydays - $0.

Just now, racinfarmer said:

I was too wrapped up in other shit and forgot to go look at the new Doo racer.  If I'd have been paying attention, I'd have scored a Cat pit coat for $20 in the swap.  

Crap bought in the swap at Haydays - $0.

yeah I got nothing in the swap

I got a set of new old stock Polaris e vent bibs at kens for 15 bucks great deal for a back up pr or even work pants for that cash . I got some for the guys who work for me to.

I got a dozer shovel at snow big deal .

and I scored a steel on a 2018 cat primary from a buddy who is not using them on his drag sleds . was not planning on buying one but saw it on the bench and was looking it over and he said you want it ? 

6 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

yeah I got nothing in the swap

I got a set of new old stock Polaris e vent bibs at kens for 15 bucks great deal for a back up pr or even work pants for that cash . I got some for the guys who work for me to.

I got a dozer shovel at snow big deal .

and I scored a steel on a 2018 cat primary from a buddy who is not using them on his drag sleds . was not planning on buying one but saw it on the bench and was looking it over and he said you want it ? 

I got $5 worth of mini donuts and a $1 bottle of water for both days - combined!  Same guy that bought the Cat pit coat bought an FXR one that was probably the ugliest thing in the swap.  Some multi-colored digital camo looking thing.

1 hour ago, racinfarmer said:

I got $5 worth of mini donuts and a $1 bottle of water for both days - combined!  Same guy that bought the Cat pit coat bought an FXR one that was probably the ugliest thing in the swap.  Some multi-colored digital camo looking thing.

I have 2 buds who pissed away a grand each on matching klim pants and coats in road worker yellow/green . they thought that was a god deal because the dumb fucks got a free hat lol .

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, AKIQPilot said:

While we are still talking about sleds.  This is what Arctic Man is really all about.  Funny thing, Levi blew up his sled in practice.  I was the only guy in the state with cylinders and pistons but I was out of the country that weekend.  I get a text from the local Polaris dealer HPAK looking for parts.  I gave them the passcode for the shop and told them where my IQr motor parts were.  They grabbed all my cylinders and pistons and headed 250 miles north to the race. 

Levi ends up winning the race and the $60k.  I got a check for my parts and never saw them again.

In addition a $1,000.00 check wrapped around a bottle of good whiskey is what should have been left on your bench.

Edited by Mileage Psycho
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, Mileage Psycho said:

In addition a $1,000.00 check wrapped around a bottle of good whiskey is what should have been left on your bench.

More than likely LaVallee never knew where the parts came from. He probably thought the dealer came up with them.  They were still new in the box. A few weeks after arctic man was over the dealer called me and said they to stop by and talk about the parts. When i got there they offered to replace all the parts or write me a check. I took the check. HPAK wrote me a check for $1400 and change for 2 cyls and 2 pistons and all the top end gaskets. 

I didnt really need the parts any more. Still have one complete piston and cyl for an IQr on the shelf. 

• Platinum Contributing Member
14 hours ago, racinfarmer said:

I don't think it will be as bad as many are making it out to be.  The sleds will still be hard as hell to sell at the end of the season though.  

I was surprised last year how much slower the prolite sleds were.   They are 30 HP down from the open sleds and the sound isn't even a comparison.   I understand the reasoning so more teams can afford to jump up.  

23 minutes ago, Highmark said:

I was surprised last year how much slower the prolite sleds were.   They are 30 HP down from the open sleds and the sound isn't even a comparison.   I understand the reasoning so more teams can afford to jump up.  

It's amazing.  There are always a few top riders that can really work those machines but the difference in what those machines can do with a good rider vs. what the Open sleds can do with a good rider is night and day.  I'm really curious to see how it goes.  I'm not sure I get the reasoning all that much.  Seems the Pro Open class was pretty well stocked so :dunno: 

I'd like to think those boys running that show know what they are doing.  But after the idiotic "Tucker rule" and now this....I am really doubting it.  

1 minute ago, 04nightfire said:

Agreed.  Still has a pretty good following here but the races I've been to, there seems to be fewer spectators every year

Duluth always packs them in.  Kinda nice being the kick off location.  I think they should drop the venues that get questionable snowfall.  Some of the races I watched last year were just abysmal.  You could see the rivers of the made snow running off the tracks.  I mean..at a certain point, you are holding sled races in an area where sledding isn't really that popular.  I don't get it.

• Like 1