Check your account email address ×

Great job Trudeau!!!!!

1 minute ago, The Rocket said:

I'm indifferent on the guy. Figured Max the frog was going to win the leadership. Still wish Peter MacKay would have run. 

come on RR you wanted O'leary MAKE CANADA GREAT AGAIN would be a winning slogan :lol:

Is Scheer the guy to take the leadership from Trudeau?  by election time Canada's numbers will be still best in the world.

Is the CPC campaign be on VETTING?  You know that real issue for Canada

1 minute ago, 1trailmaker said:

come on RR you wanted O'leary MAKE CANADA GREAT AGAIN would be a winning slogan :lol:

Is Scheer the guy to take the leadership from Trudeau?  by election time Canada's numbers will be still best in the world.

There you go making things up. O'Leary is a total douchebag and has no place in politics let alone leading a party. 

6 minutes ago, The Rocket said:

Better than lacking substance like JT. 

You have noticed his popularity in Canada and world wide?  lacks substance? 

Although a bit annoying sometimes and goes a bit far with handing out coats at the border, he is far from stupid or lacking substance.

3 minutes ago, The Rocket said:

There you go making things up. O'Leary is a total douchebag and has no place in politics let alone leading a party. 

I am sursprised you said this but its true, True for Trump too. 

I have heard for years how all we need is a billionaire business man to run ALL countries and things would be great.

Will you agree that being a country leader is not like running a business?

Just now, 1trailmaker said:

Although a bit annoying sometimes and goes a bit far with handing out coats at the border, he is far from stupid or lacking substance.

Trudeau has at least a decade or more to become more Prime Ministerial.  Harper was pretty rough around the edges in his first term too.

:bc:

4 minutes ago, 1trailmaker said:

Does anyone listen to you? I bet even you r family rolls their eyes when you spea.

2 minutes ago, ICEMAN! said:

Trudeau has at least a decade or more to become more Prime Ministerial.  Harper was pretty rough around the edges in his first term too.

:bc:

A decade..................please. trudeau cant even spell decade.

20 minutes ago, 1trailmaker said:

No they won't.

http://business.financialpost.com/news/economy/record-span-of-sub-3-growth-nearing-an-end-canada-eco-watch

27 minutes ago, 1trailmaker said:

I don't equate popularity with substance. I stand by my comment. 

24 minutes ago, 1trailmaker said:

I am sursprised you said this but its true, True for Trump too. 

I have heard for years how all we need is a billionaire business man to run ALL countries and things would be great.

Will you agree that being a country leader is not like running a business?

I've met Kevin and spent 2 days in a room with him. He is a douchebag and best if he's left on TV. 

19 hours ago, 1trailmaker said:

you won't see too much of a hike with all the 700k mortgages around

but on that note its good for savers

Whoops - up they go again. 

What is that sucking sound?  

More money for mortgage payments being sucked out of people's wallets. 

Edited by The Rocket

3 minutes ago, The Rocket said:

I don't equate popularity with substance. I stand by my comment. 

I've met Kevin and spent 2 days in a room with him. He is a douchebag and best if he's left on TV. 

Whoops - up they go again. 

What is that sucking sound?  

O' Leary?

11 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

we will find out but here is something from your linnk that you ALL DENY

There are two main reasons for the better-than-expected numbers.

One, Prime Minister Justin Trudeau’s fiscal policy has clearly had an impact, particularly tax cuts and enhanced child benefits that came into effect last year

I have no doubt that this 'throw away generation' will be in trouble in the near future.  As younger people grow into parenthood, priorities for Cell Phones at 150$ a month.  newest TV, newest Playstation ect. will cause great debt for people.

10 minutes ago, The Rocket said:

Yup and has been that way since the 60's

I topped out at 14% - how about you?

so I paid the same monthly payments for a $150k home as you would today for a $500k home

Edited by 1trailmaker

20 hours ago, The Rocket said:

Like I said - my taxes went up. And my benefits and write offs went down. Income splitting was taken away,  No UCCB and now I can't even write off my kids sports and art expenses. The amount I can slam into a TFSA and shelter from tax also went down etc etc  

The result is I pay more in taxes and get less write offs and benefits. 

And no shit we were in a recession under Harper. Most of the developed world was. They call it the "Great Recession" for a reason. That is when deficit spending makes sense. 

What's the Liberal's excuse for it now? 

do you seriously believe you should be able to write off kids shit at your income level.   By allowing those who have less the ability to write off things like that is there to enrich the kids lives and hopefully their future it should not be there to subsidize those who already have plenty.

Sure when your successful you do get "punished" for making the right choices but your still better off than the majority of people.  

15 minutes ago, 1trailmaker said:

we will find out but here is something from your linnk that you ALL DENY

There are two main reasons for the better-than-expected numbers.

One, Prime Minister Justin Trudeau’s fiscal policy has clearly had an impact, particularly tax cuts and enhanced child benefits that came into effect last year

I have no doubt that this 'throw away generation' will be in trouble in the near future.  As younger people grow into parenthood, priorities for Cell Phones at 150$ a month.  newest TV, newest Playstation ect. will cause great debt for people.

Some and its a one time deal, not the main reason for the growth that nobody is expending to last.  Expect perhaps you and Ice.

10 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

do you seriously believe you should be able to write off kids shit at your income level.   By allowing those who have less the ability to write off things like that is there to enrich the kids lives and hopefully their future it should not be there to subsidize those who already have plenty.

Sure when your successful you do get "punished" for making the right choices but your still better off than the majority of people.  

RR is greedy and feels the tax payer should pay for his kids entertainment

46 minutes ago, FAT DAVE said:

O' Leary?

Yes. 

34 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

I think there needs to be a "balance" in our tax policy. Unfortunate the Liberals both federally and provincially are quick to play the class warfare angle and increase taxes  and cut benefits on what they call the "rich". 

Their new benefit gives tax free handouts that are adding massively to our deficit. If you make $30k a year with 2 kids you get paid $16k tax free from the Feds. If you make $45k with 2 kids you get paid $12k tax free from the Feds. 

Its gone too far IMO. 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, 1trailmaker said:

RR is greedy and feels the tax payer should pay for his kids entertainment

Do you understand how the write off works?

Nobody paid for my kids. I got to deduct up to $500 of my expenses for my kids. Which meant I didn't have to pay income tax on that $500. So it only saved me the Fed tax on $500 of income.  Call it $150 less tax I paid  

But instead that is gone, my taxes have gone up and we don't qualify for the benefit that replaced it. :nuts: 

Edited by The Rocket

59 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

It's the mindset of some that is a real joke.  In Canada you are considered rich from the ones who made poor decisions if you make over 100K.  

1 hour ago, 1trailmaker said:

its not false growth

we had high Oil prices, that too you would be a false economy :nuts2:

It is false growth. The ndp did the same thing here for years. Record spending, then tout their "great" economy, look how good they are, etc

after abiut 15 years of that we had record debt, credit downgrades, and they had to slap piles of new taxes on the middle class. Same thing JarJar is doing 

36 minutes ago, Rod Johnson said:

It is false growth. The ndp did the same thing here for years. Record spending, then tout their "great" economy, look how good they are, etc

after abiut 15 years of that we had record debt, credit downgrades, and they had to slap piles of new taxes on the middle class. Same thing JarJar is doing 

Truetard is going to make the NDP look good. 

2 hours ago, ArcticCrusher said:

It's the mindset of some that is a real joke.  In Canada you are considered rich from the ones who made poor decisions if you make over 100K.  

The limit is calculated by percentile of income

1 in 14 make over 100k or 2million out of 27million

1 in 33 make over 150k or 750k out of 27million

it has nothing to do with what you consider rich

2 hours ago, Rod Johnson said:

lol you are barely a city of Vaughan

JarJar is spending peanuts compared to the previous government, give it time maybe he will catch up