Check your account email address ×

Harvey downgraded to a cat 1 blow

1 hour ago, hwytohell said:

I'm more concerned about the people whose homes are being destroyed by the winds and the flooding that is going to occur, this storm looks like it's going to park itself for few days and that is not good.

• Like 1

• Platinum Contributing Member
On 8/26/2017 at 9:10 AM, Mileage Psycho said:

I'm more concerned about the people whose homes are being destroyed by the winds and the flooding that is going to occur, this storm looks like it's going to park itself for few days and that is not good.

This storm has created an unprecedented disaster in Texas....it's fucking biblical. Katrina all over again...sad.

19 minutes ago, Biggie Smails said:

This storm has created an unprecedented disaster in Texas....it's fucking biblical. Katrina all over again...sad.

Not good! They are talking epic proportions of rain and flooding never-seen-before ever. 

4 minutes ago, Skidooski said:

Not good! They are talking epic proportions of rain and flooding never-seen-before ever. 

I've been watching coverage all morning and the rain keeps coming and they expect the flooding to get worse.

23 minutes ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

really dude? 

@hwytohell Mental midget.

Harvey causes 'catastrophic flooding' in Houston, thousands of rescue calls made

Hurricane Harvey continued to pound southeastern Texas on Sunday with "catastrophic flooding" in Houston, forcing residents to move to higher ground as officials continue to respond to thousands of 911 calls for rescues. 

More than 1,000 people were rescued overnight Sunday, with more than 2,000 calls to 911 for rescues pouring in, Houston Mayor Sylvester Turner said in a news conference Sunday. Turner assured priority has been given to life-threatening calls and defended his previous decision not to ask residents to evacuate before the heavy rain swamped roads. 

Houston, thousands of rescue calls made

Published August 27, 2017

Fox News

NOW PLAYING

Hurricane Harvey brings catastrophic flooding to Houston

Close

Hurricane Harvey continued to pound southeastern Texas on Sunday with "catastrophic flooding" in Houston, forcing residents to move to higher ground as officials continue to respond to thousands of 911 calls for rescues. 

More than 1,000 people were rescued overnight Sunday, with more than 2,000 calls to 911 for rescues pouring in, Houston Mayor Sylvester Turner said in a news conference Sunday. Turner assured priority has been given to life-threatening calls and defended his previous decision not to ask residents to evacuate before the heavy rain swamped roads. 

"If you think the situation right now is bad and you give an order to evacuate, you are creating a nightmare," Turner said. 

The director of the Federal Emergency Management Agency, Brock Long, said the government is expected to conduct a "mass care mission" and predicted that the aftermath of the storm would require FEMA's involvement for years.

"This disaster's going to be a landmark event," Long said. 

Texas Gov. Greg Abbott told "Fox News Sunday" the storm is "bad news growing worse." 

"We're measuring rain these days not in inches but in feet," Texas Gov. Greg Abbott told "Fox News Sunday." 

Houston Police Chief Art Acevedo echoed Abbott's concerns on "Fox & Friends Weekend," saying the city's 911 system has been "overwhelmed" since Harvey struck.

"Do not call 911 unless it is a life or death situation...[we're telling people] not to panic," Acevedo said, adding that "we haven't seen the worst of it yet." 

Two kayakers try to beat the current pushing them down an overflowing Brays Bayou from Tropical Storm Harvey in Houston, Texas, Sunday, Aug. 27, 2017. (Mark Mulligan/Houston Chronicle via AP)

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/08/27/harvey-causes-catastrophic-flooding-in-houston-shuts-down-airport.html

On 8/26/2017 at 8:10 AM, Mileage Psycho said:

for any one with 1/8 of a brain it is a mini lotto win . new house all new furnishing you packed up everything worth a shit to you when you had the 5 day warning .

I have friends who have had there home completely flooded and rebuilt 3 times . the 4th they filled the yard and raised to home 9 feet . government has to sell you the insurance 

31 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

for any one with 1/8 of a brain it is a mini lotto win . new house all new furnishing you packed up everything worth a shit to you when you had the 5 day warning .

I have friends who have had there home completely flooded and rebuilt 3 times . the 4th they filled the yard and raised to home 9 feet . government has to sell you the insurance 

Are you trying to post stupid shit in every thread or does it come naturally?

1 hour ago, Biggie Smails said:

Are you trying to post stupid shit in every thread or does it come naturally?

not at all. you live in   hurricane  ally you look in to long range forecast and shake the dice if you think you want to buy extra insurance for the season . just like when you live on a river and there was a heavy snow season you buy fema insurance that year . why because you know you are going to get flooded out .

when I had my place in FL I always bought fema   insurance and was praying for a new house.

I know people who went from a 2 wide trailer on there property to a real house thanks fema .

the dumb ass is the clown who did not buy flood insurance in hurricane ally you have 30 days to buy before a storm you have a decent idea in the spring if it will be a bad year just like in ND you have all winter to know your house is going to be flooded same as living on any river . it is a mini lotto. every one keeps there shit stuff in the house moves the stuff they like to high ground . people do move hot tubs couches etc etc from neighbor to neighbor before assessor appointments I have been there a few times watching this.

but yeah sit on your high horse feeling sorry for people who did not plan ahead and then get the fuck out when the warnings were coming all week    

23 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

not at all. you live in   hurricane  ally you look in to long range forecast and shake the dice if you think you want to buy extra insurance for the season . just like when you live on a river and there was a heavy snow season you buy fema insurance that year . why because you know you are going to get flooded out .

when I had my place in FL I always bought fema   insurance and was praying for a new house.

I know people who went from a 2 wide trailer on there property to a real house thanks fema .

the dumb ass is the clown who did not buy flood insurance in hurricane ally you have 30 days to buy before a storm you have a decent idea in the spring if it will be a bad year just like in ND you have all winter to know your house is going to be flooded same as living on any river . it is a mini lotto. every one keeps there shit stuff in the house moves the stuff they like to high ground . people do move hot tubs couches etc etc from neighbor to neighbor before assessor appointments I have been there a few times watching this.

but yeah sit on your high horse feeling sorry for people who did not plan ahead and then get the fuck out when the warnings were coming all week    

Unprecedented flooding and complete devastation and you are spewing fucking nonsense about flood insurance and planning ahead....Fuck man give your head a shake.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Woodtick said:

It is getting bad down there.

image.jpg

Is this legit....Fucking horrible...any comment EZ Ryder?

Edited by Biggie Smails

21 minutes ago, Woodtick said:

It is getting bad down there.

image.jpg

That's horrible, if those old folks don't get out soon they're doomed.

“This event is … beyond anything experienced”: The National Weather Service‘s ominous warning on Harvey

Since Friday, the National Weather Service has described the impacts Hurricane (and now Tropical Storm) Harvey in superlatives, with forecasts stating the flooding would be “catastrophic” and “life threatening.”

Now, nearly 50 inches of rain (4 feet!) are in the forecast as Harvey stalls over Houston, and the Weather Service is stretching to find the right way to describe the risk.

They’re calling the situation “unprecedented.”

Long-time weather journalists and meteorologists are saying this language is as dire as the National Weather Service gets.

Rains could last through the week. Five are reported dead already. More deaths may come. This situation is likely to get worse before it gets better.

DIP0D3pW4AEBQSa.jpg

https://www.vox.com/2017/8/27/16211428/harvey-flooding-houston-national-weather-service-tweet

53 minutes ago, Biggie Smails said:

Unprecedented flooding and complete devastation and you are spewing fucking nonsense about flood insurance and planning ahead....Fuck man give your head a shake.

was it really unprecedented ? of did they see there neighbors  in LA go through the same shit . yep sucks to be them .that said the ones who planed ahead like you should living in a hurricane zone will get paid heavy .

would you live in Oklahoma Nebraska or Kansas with out Tornado coverage ? if the sirens went off week before the tornado would you feel bad for the ones who did not go in to the shelter ?  the nursing homes and hospitals have busses and could have gotten people out but it was cheaper to shake the dice now the familys should sue the shit out of them 

Edited by Ez ryder

54 minutes ago, Biggie Smails said:

Is this legit....Fucking horrible...any comment EZ Ryder?

only comment I have is why is the ceiling light on I get emergency battery back up but those are self contained units with each having its own back up . will hold judgment to see if pic is real .and again they knew it was coming for a week plenty of charter buses in this world . they knew it was coming saw what had happened in other assisted living places and did not care . so when the family sues them out of existence i wont feel to bad     

12 minutes ago, Woodtick said:

According to the article they were being rescued when the pic was taken.  

image.jpg

Rescued :thumb:  

Hurricane Harvey: Photo of Texas nursing home residents in waist-deep water prompts rescue

A startling image of elderly women in a Texas nursing home surrounded by waist-deep flood waters, covered by blankets and sopping wet personal items stunned viewers on social media Sunday morning and prompted an emergency evacuation of the facility.

Galveston County Commissioner Ken Clark told ABC News that 20-25 residents at La Vita Bella Nursing home were safely evacuated from the flooded building in Dickinson. David Popoff, the city’s emergency management coordinator told Galveston County Daily News they were rescued by helicopter.

Timothy McIntosh, whose mother-in-law owns the nursing home, posted the photo and pleaded for emergency help.

“Need help asap emergency services please RETWEET,” wrote McIntosh. His tweets caught the attention thousands on social media and the national guard was notified of the nursing home’s situation.

“Latest update on La Vita Bella home in Dickinson, TX.On "purple" high priority list. Coast Guard on route right now for rescue.#HoustonFlood,” said McIntosh on Twitter.

By the early afternoon, McIntosh posted that the residents had been safely evacuated.

“RESCUED!! Thank you to the National Guard & the Galveston City Emergency crew for our rescue; @GalvestonOEM #houstonflood @NationalGuard”

"We're very grateful," McIntosh told ABC News about the nursing home rescue. He said he believes the rescue would not have taken place so quickly without the attention his photo received on Twitter.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/hurricane-harvey-photo-texas-nursing-home-residents-waist/story?id=49452958

22 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

was it really unprecedented ? of did they see there neighbors  in LA go through the same shit . yep sucks to be them .that said the ones who planed ahead like you should living in a hurricane zone will get paid heavy .

would you live in Oklahoma Nebraska or Kansas with out Tornado coverage ? if the sirens went off week before the tornado would you feel bad for the ones who did not go in to the shelter ?  the nursing homes and hospitals have busses and could have gotten people out but it was cheaper to shake the dice now the familys should sue the shit out of them 

16 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

only comment I have is why is the ceiling light on I get emergency battery back up but those are self contained units with each having its own back up . will hold judgment to see if pic is real .and again they knew it was coming for a week plenty of charter buses in this world . they knew it was coming saw what had happened in other assisted living places and did not care . so when the family sues them out of existence i wont feel to bad     

Just stop.