Check your account email address ×

Who's buying lottery tickets?

ckf

With both Powerball & Mega Millions jackpots over 350 million this week I think I may splurge and buy a couple of tickets. I think the last time I wasted my money on a ticket was well over a year ago when Powerball had a record jackpot. It's nice to dream every once in a while, LOL.

• Platinum Contributing Member
2 minutes ago, ckf said:

With both Powerball & Mega Millions jackpots over 350 million this week I think I may splurge and buy a couple of tickets. I think the last time I wasted my money on a ticket was well over a year ago when Powerball had a record jackpot. It's nice to dream every once in a while, LOL.

I'll be buying some.   Its fun when it gets big.

What would everyone do?

I'd become a mini Bill Gates and set up my own charity and decide where the money goes.

As far as purchases it would mostly be real estate (hunting land).   I wouldn't change my house or truck.   

7 minutes ago, Highmark said:

What would everyone do?

I'd become a mini Bill Gates and set up my own charity and decide where the money goes.

As far as purchases it would mostly be real estate (hunting land).   I wouldn't change my house or truck.   

Would you  make the lives of your friends and family better?

• Like 1

Just now, jtssrx said:

Would you  make the lives of your friends and family better?

Of course......unless they are liberal.   Thought that went without saying.  

• Haha 2

I would take care of family first and then invest in real estate. Lets see, one house on a tropical island, one in the Rockies and one in New England. Yep, that should about do it :lol: 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, ckf said:

I would take care of family first and then invest in real estate. Lets see, one house on a tropical island, one in the Rockies and one in New England. Yep, that should about do it :lol: 

i'd do a winter house in st john,  a big summer place on winni and then travel the shoulder seasons to places where the weather is good.

• Like 1

I'd start a huge international charity that really is nothing more than a front to highly pay my friends and family all the while not really doing any charity work.   I'd do this because the Clinton's are my idols. :lol:  

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Highmark said:

I'd start a huge international charity that really is nothing more than a front to highly pay my friends and family all the while not really doing any charity work.   I'd do this because the Clinton's are my idols. :lol:  

:lmao: 

9 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

i'd do a winter house in st john,  a big summer place on winni and then travel the shoulder seasons to places where the weather is good.

I've always thought that a place on Winnipesaukee would be nice too. But the more I see about Lake Champlain, the more I like it :bc: 

• Gold Member
1 hour ago, Highmark said:

What would everyone do?

Id do almost exactly as you except with the addition of a 80-120ft custom yacht.

5 minutes ago, Kivalo said:

Id do almost exactly as you except with the addition of a 80-120ft custom yacht.

Yeah I think I'd buy a big powered Cameraman and keep it in the Virgin Islands somewhere.  

https://www.horizonpowercatamarans.com/pc-series/pc72/

1 hour ago, ckf said:

I've always thought that a place on Winnipesaukee would be nice too. But the more I see about Lake Champlain, the more I like it :bc: 

champlains cold-  part of the reason i would go winni would be the fact the water gets warm and theres things to do.  I'd also consider the south side of the cape and the islands for the same reason.  

45 minutes ago, f7ben said:

lottery tickets .....a tax on stupid people

you'd be much better served buying some extra coors lights with that wasted lotto money

I guess I'm only stupid once every year or so then. Well twice a year if you count the scratch tickets Nicole's uncle gets us for Xmas every year. Nicole just found one from last Xmas that we haven't scratched because we can't figure out how to play it :lol:

1 minute ago, Angry ginger said:

champlains cold-  part of the reason i would go winni would be the fact the water gets warm and theres things to do.  I'd also consider the south side of the cape and the islands for the same reason. 

I don't care as much about swimming as I used to. I bet I didn't swim more than a dozen times the last ten years I lived on Ossipee Lake. I'm more interested in the boating and Champlain has plenty of that to offer. Maybe I could by a place next to Bernie if I hit the lotto :lol:   The Cape is nice too as long as you don't try to drive there on a Friday afternoon/ night. 

Fuck.  You know, I'm a pretty simple dude now.  Not sure what I'd do with that kinda scratch.   Spend millions in my own personal game playing keep away from the government extortion arm (IRS).  Then probably finance my own personal kill squad and get busy "fixing" a bunch of shit (people).

Man!   Now that would be fun!!!!  Add some real spice to life!  It'd be kinda like like golf......make people "vanish" your whole life and still never get enough of them.  WE NEED TO FIND THEIR HATCHERY!!!!

:lol:

3 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Fuck.  You know, I'm a pretty simple dude now.  Not sure what I'd do with that kinda scratch.   Spend millions in my own personal game playing keep away from the government extortion arm (IRS).  Then probably finance my own personal kill squad and get busy "fixing" a bunch of shit (people).

Man!   Now that would be fun!!!!  Add some real spice to life!  It'd be kinda like like golf......make people "vanish" your whole life and still never get enough of them.  WE NEED TO FIND THEIR HATCHERY!!!!

:lol:

IRS will take 50% of it right off the top so they wont bother you Zam :guzzle:

A weekend of strippers , booze and food . Then  I would fund three snowmobile clubs , plus the MSA.   Maybe  a  outlaw dragstrip in the U.P. just to piss people off.............................. First I have to buy some tickets.

• Gold Member

Let the government have there cut,  the rest would would split equally with my wife, and then proceed to make lamar odom's week in Nevada look like a church social.  And If I make it through the week I would then buy a nice place in a tropical climate.

45 minutes ago, hwytohell said:

A weekend of strippers , booze and food . Then  I would fund three snowmobile clubs , plus the MSA.   Maybe  a  outlaw dragstrip in the U.P. just to piss people off.............................. First I have to buy some tickets.

I like your charitable side, I nominate you to win :bc: post pictures