Check your account email address ×

You can thank Jimmy Carter and Bill Clinton for North Korea’s nukes

North Korea’s boast that it just detonated its first hydrogen bomb met instant doubts from the White House and arms experts. If they’re right, Pyongyang “only” has plain-old atomic bombs. What a . . . relief?

But, as one Chinese expert told The Wall Street Journal, the H-bomb claim still shows that tyrant Kim Jong-un is “marching in that direction.”

For all this, thank Jimmy Carter and Bill Clinton. North Korea couldn’t have done it without their gullibility.

Back in 1994, President Clinton prepared to confront North Korea over CIA reports it had built nuclear warheads and its subsequent threats to engulf Japan and South Korea in “a sea of fire.”

Enter self-appointed peacemaker Carter: The ex-prez scurried off to Pyongyang and negotiated a sellout deal that gave North Korea two new reactors and $5 billion in aid in return for a promise to quit seeking nukes.

Clinton embraced this appeasement as achieving “an end to the threat of nuclear proliferation on the Korean Peninsula” — with compliance verified by international inspectors. Carter wound up winning the Nobel Peace Prize for his dubious efforts.

But in 2002, the North Koreans ’fessed up: They’d begun violating the accord on Day One. Four years later, Pyongyang detonated its first nuke.

Now, the Obama administration (long content to kick the North Korea can down the road) says it will never “accept” a nuclear North Korea. Funny: The president said the same thing about Iran, then cut a deal that guarantees the ayatollahs go atomic.

Yet North Korea is more of a wild card, a concentration camp of a nation run by a tiny, ruthless elite. If it ever lives up to its boasts and unleashes that “sea of fire,” will Carter, Clinton and Obama shed public tears for Pyongyang’s victims?

http://nypost.com/2016/01/06/you-can-thank-jimmy-carter-and-bill-clinton-for-north-koreas-nukes/

• Like 1

"But in 2002, the North Koreans ’fessed up: They’d begun violating the accord on Day One. Four years later, Pyongyang detonated its first nuke.

Now, the Obama administration (long content to kick the North Korea can down the road) says it will never “accept” a nuclear North Korea. Funny: The president said the same thing about Iran, then cut a deal that guarantees the ayatollahs go atomic."

magically the author jumps right from Clinton to Obama :lol:

4 minutes ago, Snoslinger said:

"But in 2002, the North Koreans ’fessed up: They’d begun violating the accord on Day One. Four years later, Pyongyang detonated its first nuke.

Now, the Obama administration (long content to kick the North Korea can down the road) says it will never “accept” a nuclear North Korea. Funny: The president said the same thing about Iran, then cut a deal that guarantees the ayatollahs go atomic."

magically the author jumps right from Clinton to Obama :lol:

well you do realize the author was writing about it during Obamas term when the issue was coming back up right.  no one left or right rehashes all the problems that lead there,  look at all you lefties blaming bush solely for the financial collapse we had.  

Just now, Angry ginger said:

well you do realize the author was writing about it during Obamas term when the issue was coming back up right.  no one left or right rehashes all the problems that lead there,  look at all you lefties blaming bush solely for the financial collapse we had.  

so that gives him the OK to jump right over bush? coming back up? you could say the issue has been coming back up steadily for decades.

8 minutes ago, Snoslinger said:

so that gives him the OK to jump right over bush? coming back up? you could say the issue has been coming back up steadily for decades.

Obama handled the little prick the right way and hopefully Trump end of the day will too.  both have tried to talk tough but reality is thats an unwinnable situation so you just keep the NK's in their corner.  

• Platinum Contributing Member

NK is complicated to say the least and no admin has ever handled them well.   Truthfully they are no threat to us except for selling nuclear technology to the wrong hands.   I think this whole recent "intelligence leak" where they are mentioning "miniaturized nuclear weapon" is an effort to fire up the war mongers.  Mark my word if we go after NK it will be about weapons for terrorists.   That's how they will sell it.

The only hope for any resolution in NK is China and their own people.  Their own people are probably no hope as they have been propagandized for decades to hate the west.   Time to take a very hard line stance with China and threaten and sanction trade deals with them if they don't get inspectors complete access in NK.  China while its own economic force still greatly depends on the US.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/08/08/politics/north-korea-missile-ready-nuclear-weapons/index.html

Trump's harsh words come as US intelligence analysts have assessed that North Korea has produced a miniaturized nuclear warhead, according to multiple sources familiar with the analysis of North Korea's missile and nuclear program. 

Edited by Highmark

11 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

Obama handled the little prick the right way and hopefully Trump end of the day will too.  both have tried to talk tough but reality is thats an unwinnable situation so you just keep the NK's in their corner.  

I agree 100%, but trump is already not handling it the right way.

Edited by Snoslinger

1 minute ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

snake is rewriting history from behind the wheel of his bmw again. fumes from the leather. 

Union Delivery Boy :snack:

IMG_3239.GIF

20 minutes ago, Snoslinger said:

I agree 100%, but trump is already not handling it the right way.

And what is the right way? I'm of the opinion that Trump is all bluster to get Kim's attention. Because that's all he seems to respond to as fucked up as that is. 

3 minutes ago, T1R9sledder said:

And what is the right way? I'm of the opinion that Trump is all bluster to get Kim's attention. Because that's all he seems to respond to as fucked up as that is. 

diplomacy and sanctions. personally though, I think we'll never stop north korea from obtaining nukes. I really don't care either. like others, they won't use them unless provoked. they don't want to end the world any more than we do.

Edited by Snoslinger

4 minutes ago, T1R9sledder said:

So you're on board with our President being crazier than Kim? :lol: Do Dumpers think 'the crazier the better'..? :snack:

1 minute ago, Snoslinger said:

diplomacy and sanctions.

Funny....that sounds very familiar. The sanctions that Russia and China just signed off on are the toughest yet. If China follows through then things might start changing.  

4 minutes ago, SnowRider said:

So you're on board with our President being crazier than Kim? :lol: Do Dumpers think 'the crazier the better'..? :snack:

Get a clue Coach..... Trump is acting loud and full of himself. He's been like that for years. Oh thank you for acknowledging Trump is "our" President. 

1 hour ago, T1R9sledder said:

Get a clue Coach..... Trump is acting loud and full of himself. He's been like that for years. Oh thank you for acknowledging Trump is "our" President. 

It's like none of these guys ever met New Yorkers? :lol: 

14 hours ago, Snoslinger said:

diplomacy and sanctions. personally though, I think we'll never stop north korea from obtaining nukes. I really don't care either. like others, they won't use them unless provoked. they don't want to end the world any more than we do.

oh I don't think kim gives a shit . I see him as a blaze of glory kind of guy who has been raised to believe he is a chosen god